Does this cross over plan sound accurate?

[Pi...]

I refrained from advising you since:

1. You've given contradictory histories.

2. You don't seem to agree with your doctor.

3. You seem unable to cut your pills into small pieces or obtain low-dose pills.

Despite that, you seem in desperate need of a plan.

I can suggest a plan starting from 0.5mg clonazepam based on your limitations,

but beware that it's RISKY and should be discussed with a doctor.

1. Buy a pill splitter.

2. 0.25mg clonazepam + 5mg diazepam for a week.

3. 10mg diazepam for a week.

4. Use the splitter to cut your diazepam in 2.5mg pieces.

5. Reduce your dose by that amount every 3-4 weeks.

NOTE: I would only consider trying this as a last resort.

1. I have no contradicting histories!

2. What site do you think you are on? Most buddies here do not agree with their doctor because they are not benzo wise. They are ignorant!

3. I have a scale & pill cutter!

4. These ignorant "doctors" are the reason I am suffering, because I listened and trusted them!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pi...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

• [mo...]

[48...]

1. I have no contradicting histories!

2. What site do you think you are on? Most buddies here do not agree with their doctor because they are not benzo wise. They are ignorant!

3. I have a scale & pill cutter!

4. These ignorant "doctors" are the reason I am suffering, because I listened and trusted them!

1. Sorry I got confused.

2. I'm also sorry that you're suffering but not all doctors are benzo-ignorant.

As I suggested in a previous post, look for another one.

I myself went through 5 doctors until I found 1 that would work with me.

Lastly, I'm on a site that gives suggestions not medical advice.

Just curious if you are on some kind of a Doctor imposed deadline, snowflake1822? If you are not, it may be better to slow down, and give your brain & body a chance to recover. I see that you've been on Klonopin for 9 years, and switching to Valium in 4 weeks is probably going to be much too fast. Do you have an option to hold where you are with Klonopin and then taper off later when you feel better? It seems to me that your brain/body are still adjusting to 0.5mg Klonopin. It takes a while. If it were me, I wouldn't rush it unless your're being forced into a fast taper without an option to slow down and do it at a more manageable pace.

Just curious if you are on some kind of a Doctor imposed deadline, snowflake1822? If you are not, it may be better to slow down, and give your brain & body a chance to recover. I see that you've been on Klonopin for 9 years, and switching to Valium in 4 weeks is probably going to be much too fast. Do you have an option to hold where you are with Klonopin and then taper off later when you feel better? It seems to me that your brain/body are still adjusting to 0.5mg Klonopin. It takes a while. If it were me, I wouldn't rush it unless your're being forced into a fast taper without an option to slow down and do it at a more manageable pace.

I have been holding at 0.5 mg Klonopin now for 3 months. I did stabilize and then out of nowhere I became very ill and bedridden. I am in tolerance! I'm desperate for relief!

I have been holding at 0.5 mg Klonopin now for 3 months. I did stabilize and then out of nowhere I became very ill and bedridden. I am in tolerance! I'm desperate for relief!

I wonder if it is some kind of unexpected wave that you are going through, or maybe there are life stresses health issues or other things complicating everything. These things happen, sometimes.

I wonder if it is some kind of unexpected wave that you are going through, or maybe there are life stresses health issues or other things complicating everything. These things happen, sometimes.

IT'S TOLERANCE!!! Many of you don't know what that truly is obviously!

[3d...]

IT'S TOLERANCE!!! Many of you don't know what that truly is obviously!!

Hello Snowflake,

LorazepamFree has been a member for quite a while and is very familiar with what tolerance is, as are many of us who lived through it.

I personally reached tolerance, became incapacitated and bedbound, and there was no way off for me apart from attempting a rapid taper, which ended (almost mercifully) in a cold turkey. It was the most horrifying experience of my life, but I survived it and I’m slowly getting back to normal. The support I received from fellow BBs got me through, because meaningful medical help was nonexistent.

LorazepamFree was just trying to offer an alternate scenario, because sometimes withdrawal itself is problematic without it necessarily being a matter that can easily be nailed down as ‘tolerance,’ even though that may well be your problem.

Your distress from the benzo situatution is understandable, but please try not to condemn members who are simply trying to offer you support based own their own experiences, or what they’ve learned from others here.

Please take a look at the following link from the owner of BenzoBuddies, Colin.

Tolerance & Relative Withdrawal

Once you consider the options, which aren’t necessarily pretty, perhaps you’ll understand why LorazepamFree was trying to offer you a little hope.

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you hold off posting in a state of anger or frustration, which only alienates the people from whom you seek support.

Thank you.

Leslie