Anyone with a dog?

[la...]

I have a year and a half old wiener dog. His name is Ziggy and he is a red long hair. He has definitely brought me a lot of comfort throughout this process, as well as a bit of stress! LOL. Can you make sure I get up consistently throughout the day to let him out and play. But we do have a few issues with him peeing in the house again!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ma...]

• [In...]

• [be...]

sueddeutscher-schwarzer-300x250.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6uMOTYPLg0hfSo6m-JPD6FCnxPqoI1wKZo4x07M3kphvsKPwf

My love looks exactly like this:-) I got her from a rescue station in spain and when I got her she had short red hair.

After she had recovered it turned out she is a special old german herding dog (sorry its impossible to translate that correctly)..

She has so much hair i can put my hand completely under the silky hair. love it!!

She is now 12 years old and suffering from cancer but still feeling well..

With her its funny, she loves herding of course, but she has the character of a BENZO!! We call her sleeping aid :laugh:

[21...]
I have a beagle, Buddy.  He is the sweetest, most loving dog you could ever imagine.  He is a year old and I must say, going through the early stages of puppyhood was challenging to say the least but it's all been worth it.

We have a half German Shepherd, half Siberian Husky mix. She was the runt of the litter though, so she's only about 40 lbs. Very sweet, very gentle...but WOW so much energy! This dog goes off-leash for 3-5 mile hikes multiple times a week just to stay sane.  :D Wicked smart, and I do mean wicked - she's got that stubborn husky streak (and whine). She's my husband's dog really so she follows him room to room too, but she's always ready to snuggle when she can tell I'm upset or ill. I am a firm believer that dogs are people.

Dogs are the best people  :D

I have a cat from the Humane Society.

She has reactive attachment disorder because she was deserted and left alone until she was about 3 months old. The Humane Society rescued her, but since she’s black, people who came in didn’t want her. They took her out on Saturdays to different restaurants that gave permission with other cats, and she came back still alone.

My daughter kept checking the Humane Society to see if she was gone yet, but each time she checked, the cat was still there. So she adopted her and gave her to me on Mother’s Day. It was a bit of a shock to me because several months before, we had to put our 16 year old dog to sleep. We cried and cried, but it had to be done because our dog was suffering so much.

So here came Pepper. Now we’ve had for 8 years. And we love her. She’s a bit wary of my husband even though he’s kind to her. But she can’t bond with anyone but me. She made that exception for me. I’m her person, and she’s my cat. She lays on my lap, cuddles next to me on the couch and sleeps next to me. She exceptionally beautiful with perfect green eyes and that beautiful black fur. She’s small and athletic, running through the house and hiding.

And if someone comes to the door, she growls like a dog would growl. So glad I got her.

sueddeutscher-schwarzer-300x250.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6uMOTYPLg0hfSo6m-JPD6FCnxPqoI1wKZo4x07M3kphvsKPwf

My love looks exactly like this:-) I got her from a rescue station in spain and when I got her she had short red hair.

After she had recovered it turned out she is a special old german herding dog (sorry its impossible to translate that correctly)..

She has so much hair i can put my hand completely under the silky hair. love it!!

She is now 12 years old and suffering from cancer but still feeling well..

With her its funny, she loves herding of course, but she has the character of a BENZO!! We call her sleeping aid :laugh:

She is beautiful, I am am sorry she is sick.  But I know there is so much ❤️ love there.

I got my dog when my journey started 11 years ago. I still believe she will leave me if she is totally sure I can make it on my own. Last year she was so sick that the vet told me she would die the next week. That made me myself so sick that my depression became soo worse. I think she might have seen it and decided to stay a little bit longer..

I know normal people do not understand this..

I got my dog when my journey started 11 years ago. I still believe she will leave me if she is totally sure I can make it on my own. Last year she was so sick that the vet told me she would die the next week. That made me myself so sick that my depression became soo worse. I think she might have seen it and decided to stay a little bit longer..

I know normal people do not understand this..

I have tears in my eyes, I totally get it :smitten:

Most of the people who do not have a pet would tell me this is pure imagination and not true...

but without my fur teddy here I could nt make it..

Our pets are family and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way 🐾💗

yes - the best family ever!!!!🐾💗

I have 2 toy poodles, Gardenia and Bernardo, I love these guys!

Dogs 🐶 are wonderful, I love cats too.  I love animals :smitten:

Yes, I also have a cat, her name is Ginger, I love her too, she rules the house!  The dogs obey her, maybe because she's older, they get along great.

Yes, I also have a cat, her name is Ginger, I love her too, she rules the house!  The dogs obey her, maybe because she's older, they get along great.

Cats are soooo coooooool 8) I would love to have one.. but my dog would eat her >:(

Cats are bossy, lol.

Cats are soooo coooooool 8) I would love to have one.. but my dog would eat her >:(

I worry about the same thing, lol.

Well,

I told the story of my cat and how I got her. I love her so much, that I feel she is my one and only true best friend of all.

Well,

I told the story of my cat and how I got her. I love her so much, that I feel she is my one and only true best friend of all.

And to relax there is nothing better than a cat on a body part of you, right? I love that.. it gets so cozy with a cat around..

Well,

Cats 🐱 🐱 🐱 are wonderful too ;)

Oh yes,

She is a wonderful little cat. She must have suffered so much in the early months of her life. It breaks my heart to think about it.

But she’s not suffering now! We take such good care of her because we love her. I’m just an animal lover and have always been. And I’ll be that way until I’m gone.

Oh yes,

She is a wonderful little cat. She must have suffered so much in the early months of her life. It breaks my heart to think about it.

But she’s not suffering now! We take such good care of her because we love her. I’m just an animal lover and have always been. And I’ll be that way until I’m gone.

Mine has been tortured, too. I once had an xray from her hole body and it seemed as nearly each bone has been broken once in her life. The first 2 years she was so afraid she did not move. She lay on her back and did not move any more. I had just overcome a PTSD myself these days and so we helped each other to find trust in the world again... I will never understand how people can hurt animals so much

I don’t understand it either. Our humane society here is the most successful non profit in the state.

They get no funding from anyone but private donors, so there are many animal lovers here.

And yet, the stories of abused and neglected animals keep coming in. Horses left alone in pastures with no water or food.

Dogs chained in backyards in the heat with no water. Awful, awful.

But the humane society is quick to act. And now so is the law. People are charged for these things, and I believe in that. It must stop.