Important Survey - Please Participate ×

fish oil for depression?

[as...]

i am using Spectrum and Nordic Naturals.  They both guarantee to be free of heavy metals.  yes, i do think the brand is important.  i think these two are at the top, in my opinion.  and i do think my depression has been better in general with the fish oil.  i got off of lexapro in march and was doing just fine (after withdrawal) till i started trying to taper off of klonipin in july.  my whole life has fallen apart since then BUT i am thankful that i found the doc i did.  he tapered me off of 7mg of valium in 1 1/2 weeks.  went through really horrific withdrawal these past few weeks but i am okay and everyday i see an improvement.  i am glad i pushed through it.  i wanted off of it soo bad.  never dreamed i would be able to get through such a quick taper and horrific withdrawal scenario but i did.  i don't recommend it, however.  it was really scary.

i am so happy you are off things will continue to get better and glad you were able to get off the Lex as well.. early on i was debating A/D's but happy i decided not to go that route.. i was never depressed before and don't want to have to worry about my brain getting even more messed up! so far the fish oil and D3's seem to be doing me well and just moving forward has made me happier!

On one site it made sure to point out that x mg of fish oil is not x mg of omega 3.  However, I "think" the doses of 1,000 to 2,000 were referring to fish oil rather than the omega 3.  All I know is I don't want to take a huge amount if I can help it.  And I have almost no depression anymore anyway.  I feel the best I've ever felt.  But I'm mostly taking these to help my cholesterol and also hopefully have even that much less depression... but I don't feel like I "need" them.  I feel almost perfect a lot of the time lately.  My only real issues are that i need a job and want a gf and that's about it.  I am even having better relationships with family.  And worrying less about things.  Now if I could just stay this way.

• 2 months later...
[1c...]

Hello, I have a question about Krill oil. I did try Omega-3 capsules at one point several years ago, but had the side effect of bruising very very easily.

I am wondering if Krill oil has the same posibility of that side effect? 

Also, is there a reputable source of where I could purchase high quality krill oil?

THanks

Lux