Praise God, i made it to the other side

[wh...]

Just checked in here:

Carita: The three year mark was a major turning point and you are almost there. Looking back, I didn't want to accept the time frame that healing might take, but no matter the time, healing is happening. Stay the course and keep moving forward, because each day is really is one day closer. Warm wishes to you too as you heal, because I believe we all do.

Mary: Thank you. It's been a year since I lost my mom, I still miss her every single day but now I'm beginning to appreciate all she taught me. I get my strength from her, of this I'm certain. Take good care, you are on a good path and BB's is a great place to be as you become free. You will get there.

Estella: Me too, and it's one of those things where God's timing was perfect. Even in the midst of all of this I continue to find this is true. And I agree there is a silver lining in all we go through, we just have to look for it.

Take care BB's, and warm wishes for continued healing. The body really is amazing and it can and does heal.

I am adding my thanks here- with appreciation to you for sharing your story and giving me hope. Holding on for that 3 year magic!

:smitten:

JKS

It's a great name, JustKeepSwimming. Do that and you absolutely will get there. I truly believe that. Warm wishes for continued healing.

I am sorry for your loss. My mother also passed away the same day I jumped back on November of last year. I know how difficult this can be. The other day I started thinking of her and it felt good to cry and remember the good times I had with her. Congratulations on your healing and thank you for sharing your inspirational story. Much healing your way  :smitten:

Solyluna:

Thank you and you have my sincere sympathy too. It's so hard. I understand how emotion can take over at anytime and bring on tears. I remember our chaplain at work always told me that tears are healing, it's ok to cry. You are grieving and it's a process. The precious memories of your mom will get you through, hold them close to your heart.

PS. I read your bio, and just want to share that the scripture "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me." has been a huge help to me too.

Hey Tracy, I've just seen this now, thanks for taking the time to come back with an update.  This part here I loved reading ...

I still have days when everything is running great. Able to focus, stay on task and get things done. The one thing that disturbed me greatly was the lack of a sense of satisfaction at having cleaned my house. You know, the feeling we get when we wake up and the house is straightened up. It feels good. That wasn't there. I'm writing because this is actually coming back and I care again. To me this is huge!

If it makes you feel any better, I experienced something similar many years ago after my horrendous AD withdrawal, along with that dissociative feeling whereby I felt I was outside of myself, able to sense positive emotions intellectually but without truly "feeling" them.  It must've lasted a good year or so but, although it was naturally very disconcerting, I was so relieved and appreciative that I'd managed to pull myself out of that former state of terror, agoraphobia and depression, that all my focus was on moving forward and I had this instinctual trust that this was just the normal progression and that I was riding out the tail-end of a pretty traumatic experience.  It truly never even crossed my mind that it wouldn't eventually fade itself out.  Which it certainly did!

Again, my sympathies for your loss, no doubt it's taken a toll on you but it sounds like you're well on your way to a full and complete recovery.  Keep doing what you're doing, Tracy, out there reclaiming your life, you're sooooo close!  I'm very, very happy for you!

Much love to you.

:smitten:

Hi abcd,

Yes, you get it. And antidepressants can clearly cause the same phenomena. There is no way for anyone to understand this state of existence unless you have been through it, and I'm sorry you had to go through it too. But you made it through, and truly that is something to be grateful for!

I just want to say thank you to you for all your positive encouragement during my time here at BB's. You always stayed focused on the positive, sharing tunes for distraction (loved that thread!) and all this while managing your own symptoms and healing. I think of you anytime I log on here, and want you to know I'm looking forward to the day I read that you have put this ordeal behind you.

Much love to you too, and warm wishes for continued healing. :smitten: