Anyone please have any tips on treating a urine infection without antibiotics?

[ra...]

If you have a bona-fide urine infection, and not just irritation, please don't mess around with it. If you can't get the situation doing MUCH better within a day, you need to get to the doctor ASAP. A urine infection can travel up to the kidneys, and create a very dangerous situation in no time at all (happened to a friend of mine). The antibiotics used for urine infection are not typically ones that interact with benzos or complicate withdrawal. If you can keep some AZO pills around, you can often head off an infection. But once you have it, you need to get it treated.

This!  Get it treated with antibiotics before it causes damage.

My bladder issues went through the roof in WD. I've tried everything. I went to a new urologist two days ago, and once again was diagnosed with a UTI. (Along with a long list of bladder conditions related to connective tissue issues) All I can say is, avoiding antibiotics is not wise if you have a bladder infection. As others have stated, it can travel up the ureter to the kidneys and then you have serious problems. Get a urine culture asap.

As an aside, the autonomic dysfunction many of experience can make bladder symptoms feel much worse. Anther reason you want a urine culture before taking anything.

Good luck. The pain of a UTI is misery. I know.

• 8 months later...
First by some test strips and see if it's a bacteria causing the problem . The strips really are accurate . Then take vit C to bowel tolerance, then cut back a little to stop the loose bowels and take that dose for at least 7 days . I know you're probably cured already , but someone else might have a problem with this also .