healing has happened!

[sa...]

Hi Inhandbasket,

I'm in same situation. My daughter (she is 31 years old) don't understand me either. She tells me all the time stop Google. She did use benzo for a short time 5 years ago and stoped it with no problem. That's why she can't understand me.

We will make it!!!! We have to, we have no other choice!!!!! I'm here for you when ever you want to talk.

Hugs :smitten:

Me again. Having a really bad day. It's been 30 days since I quit a low dose of sertraline. Put on it to help get off lorazapam. I am thinking of going back on it as my anxiety is through the roof. Can't get out of bed. I am probably getting withdrawal from both meds now as doc said it was safe to come off the sertraline. I'm wishing God would just take me. Can't go through this hell again. I am wondering if I'm actually losing my mind. This is so horrible. I'm so scared. I can't function. Have to force myself to eat and brush my teeth which for some reason really hurt.  I wish I went so alone in this. I do t think my body can take this again. Please help me. Please

Hi Inhandbasket,

You not alone! We are here for you. I do understand what you going trough. So sorry to hear that.

I had a same terrible time when I stoped 1 month apart two medication, remeron and clonozapem.

After 2 months of not sleeping shaking all the time terrible brainzap nausea, could not eat or function, even a shower was huuuuge taxt  for me, I had to go back on remeron.Only 4 mg, but atlist I'm eating and sleeping somewhat. I thought I'm going crazy. I prayed to God to take me for 4 months.

It is very hard for a couple of months. But it will get better. You not loosing you mind,  it is the withraw, and you brain started to heal.

Is you can't take it go back on low those of sertraline. Stabilize and come off slowly. Don't go back on benzo.

That's what I did and made a difference for me. I'm steel not well but better than 2 months ago when I went back on remeron.

Thinking of you and praying to get better soon.

Hugs :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Inahand,

How are you doing? Any progress happening? I hope things are getting better and you have some support holding you up!

• 5 weeks later...
Hi. So glad to see some recovering in months rather than years and posting about it. Thank you. So happy for you. I have a question though. How do you know you have healed and it's not just a window? How long does a window have to be for it to be classified as healed? I have been in hell for 5.5 months pass taper but now it's been a month of much improvement. Still have symptoms but something has changed. I'm so scared that it's only a window and the horror will return. If someone out there has an answer  please post. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi ladybug,

That's a great question. I guess you could say I felt something really big "shift." I felt calmer, healthier, better.

I had had windows in the prior months leading up to when things really changed for me, and I gave myself several weeks of feeling that much better before I coined it as healing.

I actually hit a bit of a wave a few weeks ago, but it was completely caused by a medication I was putting on my face. AKA my nervous system is still massively sensitive. I stopped the face cream, and boom, back to great.

How are you feeling now? Still doing well? I hope so!

Hello Sarah I hope all is well. I'm so glad that you are feeling a whole lot better.  I am still dealing with feeling off kilter off balance sometimes I'm sitting in a chair feels like I'm about to fall out of it and my inner ear is really messed up. Have you Found any relief in that department? I swear if that symptom were to let up I would feel about 98% better. Take very good care and thank you for sharing your success story because not enough people come back to post theirs.

Hey LovingMother,

I would say my sensation of feeling off balance has been the most consuming symptom for me through all of this. Extremely uncomfortable to say the least.

It has mostly abated, but is the one thing that likes to crop up. I have done a lot of balance exercises which I think are definitely helpful. For example, standing with eyes closed, arms crossed across my chest, and putting one foot in the front of the other, every morning -- one minute each side. Little things like that I believe help improve things. Helping facilitate the balance back in a way.