Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Way to go BG!  Slowly but surely...and minimal sxs.  You've found a good path - one that I imagine would work for many here. :thumbsup:

jp, yes, how are things going?  I think of you often. :smitten:

I'm getting there and am now at .040mgs xanax.  Wd sxs remain low and spirits high.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go BG!  Slowly but surely...and minimal sxs.  You've found a good path - one that I imagine would work for many here. :thumbsup:

jp, yes, how are things going?  I think of you often. :smitten:

I'm getting there and am now at .040mgs xanax.  Wd sxs remain low and spirits high.

Yay Lynn way to go, you are doing well and walking your path that is working, having the right mindset is the key.... :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Girls😀

I am still lurking, reading both your posts and admire your patience with your very sensible turtle tapers. You are both doing great👍👍👍👍

I am doing fine thanks.

I guess I am around the 2 month mark. Quit on 15th March.

I did a fairly conservative taper.

No, absolutely no acute for me.

Symptom free, no.

Get the odd benzo headache.

Had a few days of heightened tension and feeling wired, not quite anxious but close.

Felt very chemical and I knew it was withdrawal.

Besides a bit of tinnitus. I get a weird sensation on my head and scalp as if they are tingling.

You know when you get a spiders web on your face. It's like that. As I said weird.

Having said that, all of the above I can honestly say, I know is just my brain rewiring itself after injury by benzo!!!!!!..........

I am holding for 6 months and then plan to taper off 150mgs of Seroquel.

Just a recap.

July 14 2014 I went CT from 10mgs Citalopram (celexa)

Sunk into the deepest most painful withdrawal.

Total malfunction. Couldn't eat sleep, leave the house. Suicidal ideation. Felt as i was being electrocuted 24/7.

Heart rate up to 220 bpm five times. ER twice to slow heart.

After CT, I ended up polydrugged on;

Bisiporol for ❤️

Mirtazapine 30 mgs

Seroquel 150 mgs

Ativan 2 mgs switched to 20 mgs Valium

Now I'm off Valium plan to taper Seroquel and then bisiporol.

Will deal with Mirtazapine as and when.

Don't want to be tapering for the rest of my life.

I am fast approaching 60!

Did the above meds make my taper easier?

I don't know. Probably.

I think a positive mental attitude has helped hugely.

I have been to hell and don't want to go back.

Also 5 years clean and sober after 25 years of trying

So I ain't going nowhere fast.

You sound very good jp!  I'm so glad that you had no acute and that the (old ;D) brain is healing.  We must be close in age as I'm pushing 60 as well.  Wow, you've really been through the wringer.  The HR alone must have been terrifying.  I think you are wise to hold off on tapering Seroquel - best let things heal fully before any further stress.  It was awfully brave to jump on the Ides of March. :D

Take good care. :smitten:

jp thanks for letting us know the good and bad, but sounds like you are doing really well, so glad that you have decided not to taper Seroquel for a while, agree with Lynn letting the Brain heal more will only help, you have done so well. Yes you are a brave one to slide off on the Ids of March...but hey look at you now. Good to hear from you always. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Gang!

Just an update on my taper.  I am down to .035mg xanax from a starting dose of 8mgs/day.  My latest cut has been the easiest to date.  I had only minor sx the first few days and practically nothing since.  I truly believe that my slow symptom-based taper is the reason.  I experienced very severe sxs early on when cutting too fast.  Long holds pulled me out of it and got me back on my feet.

For anyone having problems with your taper, the Long Hold Support Group is a place you should visit for information on how a hold might get you to a place where your taper can be very tolerable.  :thumbsup:

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS LYNN"[/glow] I am so happy for you, this is truly a milestone coming down from 8mg of Xanax, a pat on the back is good, but I am thinking a "Parade is in order". I believe as you do about not rushing and having a slow sx based taper is key. And making your own decisions about your taper. It has been a pleasure to walk beside you these last months and to be functional and read in your posts how Happy you are. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks BG.  I've got my fingers crossed for the last bit of this stuff but we never know.  Both of us are doing well and, knowing you, I'm quite positive that you will handle whatever comes - as will I.  Take good care. :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Gang!

Just an update on my taper.  I am down to .035mg xanax from a starting dose of 8mgs/day.  My latest cut has been the easiest to date.  I had only minor sx the first few days and practically nothing since.  I truly believe that my slow symptom-based taper is the reason.  I experienced very severe sxs early on when cutting too fast.  Long holds pulled me out of it and got me back on my feet.

For anyone having problems with your taper, the Long Hold Support Group is a place you should visit for information on how a hold might get you to a place where your taper can be very tolerable.  :thumbsup:

That's awesome Lynn!  :thumbsup:

I'm finding my taper to be getting easier and easier. Started out cutting too much too fast and had to hold for several months. I was able to resume and be functional after the hold and am now pretty close to symptom free and see more and more improvement as I get lower. A slow symptom based taper with holds when needed has worked well for me. I believe if done right many will have little to no sxs. Be patient. There is no rush. Just my two cents.  :)--V

I'm so glad I found a positive thread!  I plan on reading through this later.  Did anyone have success with liquid valium/diazepam taper? 

Glad to see folks are doing well.

I am 9 weeks off now and doing ok.

Minor sxs only.

Pooky do you mean prescription liquid Valium?

I used it in UK.

Best thing since sliced bread as far as I am concerned.

jp49

Yes I have the concentrate.  Did you dilute yours?  How did you do your taper?  How slow and by how much?  Sorry for all the questions Im just excited to find someone who was on the same thing and successfully got off.  I'm terrified.  I would love some info on how you did it.

Thank you

I personally think that this thread should be renamed the sensible taper group as that is what it is.  No taper is 'easy' let's be honest it's just degrees of functionality and symptom severity which can be managed by tapering sensibly and listening to your body and not setting a regime which must be stuck to regardless. The use of the word 'easy' comes across as smug and is not helpful for those who are suffering to see.

It's nice to give encouragement and to be positive to others. If people have nothing positive to say why don't they keep it to themselves. I'm glad I only have 2mg Valium to go and on no other medications. I'm seeing life completely different then before. Benzos turn off the lights and I lost my connection with life. Even when I thought I had it together with work and life on benzos I realise I was so wrong in hindsight. Life certainly is getting better now I'm almost at the end.  It does get easier if we find the right pace and listen to our bodies. Keep it up guys :)

That's encouraging  If you go at the right pace it does it get easier ? I'm at 6.5 and going very slow?  How about the last 3 mg. How slow do you need to go when % no longer apply.  I'm getting down there, and worry about lowe.

It's nice to give encouragement and to be positive to others. If people have nothing positive to say why don't they keep it to themselves. I'm glad I only have 2mg Valium to go and on no other medications. I'm seeing life completely different then before. Benzos turn off the lights and I lost my connection with life. Even when I thought I had it together with work and life on benzos I realise I was so wrong in hindsight. Life certainly is getting better now I'm almost at the end.  It does get easier if we find the right pace and listen to our bodies. Keep it up guys :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's encouraging  If you go at the right pace it does it get easier ? I'm at 6.5 and going very slow?  How about the last 3 mg. How slow do you need to go when % no longer apply.  I'm getting down there, and worry about lowe.

Hi for me % has been important all the way down, I was going too fast and had to slow down more, take your time and your Brain will let you know when it is ready to cut again, I have a taper plan that works for me and we each need to find that soft spot, but really % do matter, you drop too much % you will get hit. Hang in there it goes faster than you think, allow your Brain the time it needs to heal and it will be good to you. Best to you. :thumbsup:

Oh. I was told differently because if you use the same formula 1 mg could take 4 months to get rid of. I'm doing daily liquid micro taper.so maybe different rules apply. I know it slows down a lot but I'm not making cuts. It's Daly rates. Now it's .019 or .30% daily. Any micro taperers out there with feedback?

Oh. I was told differently because if you use the same formula 1 mg could take 4 months to get rid of. I'm doing daily liquid micro taper.so maybe different rules apply. I know it slows down a lot but I'm not making cuts. It's Daly rates. Now it's .019 or .30% daily. Any micro taperers out there with feedback?

Sorry sure someone will chime in. But the way I am tapering % does matter for me. :)

sjdadl

Your taper looks like your doing great.  How do you cut and how much?  Were you ever in a bad spot earlier in your taper?  I am now.  trying to hold looking for hope and examples of successful tapers.

Thank you

You are going way way too fast . I'm at .019 now. .08 is off the charts, too fast.  I got so sick at Xmas from raising the rate from.03 to .04 that I had to cancel Xmas. It was one of the top,3 worse experiences of my life.

I use the titration chart on benzo.org and only liquid 1 mg. But it's slow!!!