Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Benzo Petition

[je...]

Please can all Brits have a look at the online petition and sign it if you feel it relevant to you and help stop anyone in the future be given these drugs long term.My husbands ex wife has just been prescribed them for insommia but her husbands just died so its not surprising she cant sleep I have begged her not to take them before she gets in to a worse mess

Hi Jenny,

I've placed a note in the news area of the forum header, so all members and visitors should now be aware of this thread. I'll leave the link up there for a week or so.

Thanks Colin This must be a joint effort .If any one here can think of any agencies, websites to send it to please do so  .

The petition will help Barry Haslam with his fight to get the Government to set up a select Committee to look at these drugs He has been campaigning for many years Some MPs are taking him very seriously .

Can anything be done here in Canada and the US? I'm from Canada and some of my good friends are US. I wish this could be for all of us !! Do we as Americans sign this petition as well?

You can do It certainly wont do any harm !!

If you can leave a short note expressing your pain that might help to bring it home how much these drugs hurt Thankyou Colin for highlighing it