High dose klonopin wd success.

[Sw...]

Came off 12-14 mg's of klonopin a day March 7th (was actually scripted those doses by a ignorant doc) along with 60 mg's of Oxycodone (scripted by same doc as benzos). At the time I had no idea how much that really was, the doses built up over the past three years big mistake. I also had no idea cold turkey was so dangerous, so even though I got fairly lucky please don't do that! So I decided to just stop all Meds on 03/7 cold turkey (taking nothing for withdrawls)  and it was brutal the first month. The wds I experienced or noticed - Days 1-20 or so I could not keep food down at all, would eat a small amount and within 10 mins I started getting sick uncontrollably for 4-8 hrs. The first two weeks were non stop panic/anxiety attacks, horrible trembling, bones felt as if they were breaking, skin burned insanely bad, no sleep, awful headaches including increased  cluster headaches, anxiety 24/7 felt as if I couldn't breath, first week felt as if I had went insane (controlled it somehow thank god) and Prob 15 other things I honestly don't even rembember so I guess memory impairment lol? It sucked to sum up the wds, I had no clue what wd was coming from which med! I know it could have been much worse, and got really lucky nothing serious happend. Do not cold turkey. Anyways with the negative stuff out of the way here's the positive. After the first month a lot of symptoms went away, was able to eat and sleep and my work outs actually were productive (worked out every day since day 1 it helped a lot, but made my wds worse after but I think it pushed the crap out of my body faster) still felt pretty bad until about day 45 is where things really improved drastically. It's been 2 months now and the only remaining symptoms are burning skin (not nearly as bad, but would like it to go away lol) some audio and visual disturbances (no biggie it's improving everyday) ringing in my hearing but it's not that hard to block out expect for the skin crap, but know it will go away in time. So the fact im sleeping 8 + hr's a night gained back 50 pounds (a good thing) am able to force myself to stay in a great mood, energy is coming back along with strength, have full interest in things, back to competivly shooting, basically all is well considering what my body went thru. I know bouncing back like this from such a high dose is rare, but I think some things played into that. I recommend Eatting very healthy like crazy healthy, staying positive 24/7 from day 1 do not think negatively at all (easier said than done I know) I personally did not even Google benzo wd, so never knew what the wds would be so my mind would not factor in extra nasty Wds! Think mindset is everything when enduring this process. I knew the pain would go away at some point, and once I was a few days in no turning back. No point in wasting a few days of misery. I know all of you can do this, you will recover and life with return to normal. Hang in there! Impressed how positive everyone is on this site, you guys rock!

Thx Niners! I was on them about 4 years, but was started on a fairly high daily dose. Was on oxycodone for about 6 years due to some injurys.

You are very lucky!!  I can only hope once I get off the crazy anxiety and some of the other stuff passes as quickly.  Thanks for posting.

So happy for you! Conrats on being benzo free!

I was also on clonazepam for 8 months. I took it 1 mg per each night for sleep and quited c/t 4 months ago. The only remaining symptoms of mine are ear symptoms like tinnitus, ear popping amd crackling. Can I ask you how bad your tinnitus is and how do you cope with it? Mine is 8/10 that I can hear it over TV and this makes it so hard to deal with it.

@Beste Thx! Umm my Tinitus normally rather mild, although the other day my GF asked me why I had the sound bar full blast at 2am opps lol. After two months I know more time must pass before 100% of wds dimish, but really only have one remaining that bothers me. It's the stinging burning painful skin with no visual issues. Im aware it's a wd from benzos but have had it on and off in the past, but also have been on and off benzos and pain meds for years due to injurys and ptsd. Should I be concerned something else is going on? Or is it just wd, and when may I expect this to go away (know no one can answer that for certain but a rough estimate will do!) Thx!

Came off 12-14 mg's of klonopin a day March 7th (was actually scripted those doses by a ignorant doc) along with 60 mg's of Oxycodone (scripted by same doc as benzos). At the time I had no idea how much that really was, the doses built up over the past three years big mistake. I also had no idea cold turkey was so dangerous, so even though I got fairly lucky please don't do that! So I decided to just stop all Meds on 03/7 cold turkey (taking nothing for withdrawls)  and it was brutal the first month. The wds I experienced or noticed - Days 1-20 or so I could not keep food down at all, would eat a small amount and within 10 mins I started getting sick uncontrollably for 4-8 hrs. The first two weeks were non stop panic/anxiety attacks, horrible trembling, bones felt as if they were breaking, skin burned insanely bad, no sleep, awful headaches including increased  cluster headaches, anxiety 24/7 felt as if I couldn't breath, first week felt as if I had went insane (controlled it somehow thank god) and Prob 15 other things I honestly don't even rembember so I guess memory impairment lol? It sucked to sum up the wds, I had no clue what wd was coming from which med! I know it could have been much worse, and got really lucky nothing serious happend. Do not cold turkey. Anyways with the negative stuff out of the way here's the positive. After the first month a lot of symptoms went away, was able to eat and sleep and my work outs actually were productive (worked out every day since day 1 it helped a lot, but made my wds worse after but I think it pushed the crap out of my body faster) still felt pretty bad until about day 45 is where things really improved drastically. It's been 2 months now and the only remaining symptoms are burning skin (not nearly as bad, but would like it to go away lol) some audio and visual disturbances (no biggie it's improving everyday) ringing in my hearing but it's not that hard to block out expect for the skin crap, but know it will go away in time. So the fact im sleeping 8 + hr's a night gained back 50 pounds (a good thing) am able to force myself to stay in a great mood, energy is coming back along with strength, have full interest in things, back to competivly shooting, basically all is well considering what my body went thru. I know bouncing back like this from such a high dose is rare, but I think some things played into that. I recommend Eatting very healthy like crazy healthy, staying positive 24/7 from day 1 do not think negatively at all (easier said than done I know) I personally did not even Google benzo wd, so never knew what the wds would be so my mind would not factor in extra nasty Wds! Think mindset is everything when enduring this process. I knew the pain would go away at some point, and once I was a few days in no turning back. No point in wasting a few days of misery. I know all of you can do this, you will recover and life with return to normal. Hang in there! Impressed how positive everyone is on this site, you guys rock!

Hey congrats on your recovery! Can you please make a signature. Thanks!

I have no idea how you can do all that and get off with a slap on the wrist, while I take baby doses for a couple months at a time and am still completely broken 15 months out.

Amazing....And insane.

Congrats.

I guess you know how unbelievable your experience might be to some on this list. You took more than twice the mg of Xanax I did. If I had anything close to twice the amount of w/d suffering there's no way I would still be here.

You are a lucky person... as many are when it comes to benzo withdrawal. I think it must be genetic.

If I were in your shoes and know what I know now... I would never touch anything that was remotely benzo like again (alcohol etc... any gaba allosteric molecule). 

You dodged a bullet my friend.

• 2 weeks later...
Fascinating! Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Its almost unheard of to come off as easily as you did. Remarkable...Congratulations friend!

Yay, so happy to hear its possible without too much misery.  Reading about wd symptoms gives me anxiety and I haven't even started tapering yet

Sorry took me so long to reply back. Thx, and congrats to all of you as well. Not kidding when I say this may be the toughest group of warriors on the planet. The stories I've read on here show a incredible amount of determination and pure will power. Keep kicking ass!

@crazypants I suppose im a fairly rare case, it hardly seems fair that is for sure. Sorry to hear your still having symptoms so fair out. Hope it passes soon! No idea how I got a slap on the wrist duration wise, but I did get a firm slap in face during the first 45 days lol. I also do still get flare ups of random wds, physical and mental but I just stay active and busy until it passes. Not sure if some of the things I did during The acute phase played a factor as far as duration or it was  just biological in nature.

@mostlyalive I certainly seem to be a rare case considering the large daily dose, plus cold turkey factored in (and Percocet wd on top of it 😞)... Also Kpins have a lot longer of a halflife than xanax so I'd imagine some stacking was occurring and doses were Prob even higher! Im not sure about genetics playing a huge factor in it (although I haven't reseached that topic at all) im sure it has a lot to do with each individual and how fast your GABA receptors become "normal" again. This is actually my 4th time coming off benzos, the few times before I don't recall having much of a wd. Same with pain meds, I've been off and on those since 2009 (was in a helicopter accident in 2008) and even high doses for months or years I had a very short and mild withdrawl. So I was kinda suprised how sick I got this time the first 45 days or so were roufh. Also think life style, diet, health, level of physical training during wd, and mind set really play into it. But 3 months out now and even the burning skin is just about gone. Im getting very close to 100%! And I will def never touch a Benzo again, no way I'll risk it! Suprisingly alcohol doesn't even mess with me at the moment, no sensitivities to anything idk def crazy compared to the norm duration. Hope all is well!

@[ho...]😃.

@tinwi2016 there def is Hope you will get off easy as well, it's hard telling. Just don't get discouraged if it's a longer process than expected one thing is for sure you will recover! Honestly I purposely didn't read anything about the wd symtoms or duration for that very reason... One thing to keep in mind ALOT of people will post about having a very long rough wd, not so many about getting off easy bc why would they when they can move on with their life. I didn't even plan on posting anything about my story but saw sooo many posts about really rough long wds I felt mine would give some hope. When it's time to jump off a taper or how ever you do it safely have a clear and open mind don't think about the what ifs just deal with everything as it comes hour by hour day by day. God Speed, hope it is as painless as possible for you!

@AEC Thx! Life is much better, hope all is well w/ you!!

@

swcc20- congratulations. By the way you wrote, you sound like military to me so I just wanted to say welcome home from a fellow sister-in-arms.

Enjoy your life, you deserve it so much!  :smitten:

@hopeandfaith Im 30 years young! Yes I def got very luck, and Thx! Hope all is well with you 😃.

@tinwi2016 there def is Hope you will get off easy as well, it's hard telling. Just don't get discouraged if it's a longer process than expected one thing is for sure you will recover! Honestly I purposely didn't read anything about the wd symtoms or duration for that very reason... One thing to keep in mind ALOT of people will post about having a very long rough wd, not so many about getting off easy bc why would they when they can move on with their life. I didn't even plan on posting anything about my story but saw sooo many posts about really rough long wds I felt mine would give some hope. When it's time to jump off a taper or how ever you do it safely have a clear and open mind don't think about the what ifs just deal with everything as it comes hour by hour day by day. God Speed, hope it is as painless as possible for you!

@AEC Thx! Life is much better, hope all is well w/ you!!

@

Your very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

@[an...]

@mbusybee thank you! Feeling a lot better, hope all is well w/ you!

@benzogirl thanks! Feels nice being free, hope your doing well!

Thank you for your service to this great Country!

Same goes here. If not for you, what kind of country would we be subjected to? It would be bad, I think.