• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Cr...]

• [pr...]

• [Pl...]

• [ro...]

Thank-you for posting your story Crash!  Your perseverance and resilience are inspirational.  I'm nearing the end of my taper and plan to microtaper the last 1-2 mls.  Thanks again!

Thank-you for posting your story Crash!  Your perseverance and resilience are inspirational.  I'm nearing the end of my taper and plan to microtaper the last 1-2 mls.  Thanks again!

See you at the finish line!  :thumbsup:

Crash..... Thank you so much for sharing..... Even though I am extremely symptomatic, sensitive and paradoxical I am praying everyday for this to help..... It's because of you I am micro tapering..... You SG and Builder have been so gracious kind and lifesavers.....

By the way, I am very sorry I hijacked your original thread.....  Please forgive me .....That was not my intention....

Keep us posted on the microtapering. Just take it slow and easy.  :thumbsup:

Crash.... Thank you so much for your continued support and interest in my welfare..... Much gratitude to all of you....

Good Job Crash!!! I was doing well crushing my pills and reducing .001g a day until I decided to drop a dose. I was feeling so good and then Wham with a 10 pound sledge. So I updosed and held for a month and started a LT reducing .01 daily. it is coming around as I feel myself getting a little better each day (knock on wood) But anyways, I wanted to wish you the best and say thanks for all the posts of encouragement and help you have given on here.

I'm glad it's working for you! Just take it nice and slow.  :thumbsup:

Crash, how were you feeling when you started your micro taper? when did you begin to feel good? did you hold at any time during?

I'm glad it's working for you! Just take it nice and slow.  :thumbsup:

Crash, how were you feeling when you started your micro taper? when did you begin to feel good? did you hold at any time during?

If you read my first posts here, you will see that i was in a terrible place. I was ready to give up.

I updosed and held for a week to stabilize. Then i started the taper. I did not miss a day and had zero symptoms the whole way to the finish. I began to feel 'good' about halfway through.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting your story Crash, its very inspiring and will help many people. Huge congratulations, you worked hard to get here.  Also thanks for the support and encouragement you give to our newbies on the Intro Board.

Magrita  :smitten:

Crash, you did great! A liquid microtaper also saved my life. I was tapering at .003mg/day Valium for the last 1mg after suffering through 7months of tapering too fast and crashing bad,  took 10 months to get through that last mg but it worked!

Crash, you did great! A liquid microtaper also saved my life. I was tapering at .003mg/day Valium for the last 1mg after suffering through 7months of tapering too fast and crashing bad,  took 10 months to get through that last mg but it worked!

Yay!!  :thumbsup:

Crash,

there is a buddie on here who posts a lot in the protracted section who is 21 months out and suffering from a c/t. was thinking about reinstating. what are your thoughts about reinstating and doing a microtaper that far out? i suggested he be in touch with you and SG.

Wow, such a hard decision. I'm afraid to even offer an opinion bc i have no idea. I'd be worried about kindling.

I guess if i was suffering enough, i'd do anything to relieve it. We can't possibly decide what others should do bc we're not in their shoes.  :thumbsup:

Wow, such a hard decision. I'm afraid to even offer an opinion bc i have no idea. I'd be worried about kindling.

I guess if i was suffering enough, i'd do anything to relieve it. We can't possibly decide what others should do bc we're not in their shoes.  :thumbsup:

i think he wants to reinstate because he has kindled. i think i personally would carry it through without reinstating. i sure wish someone had told me about micro tapering back then. i know i go on and on about this. i have dreams that i am getting back on benzo's...that just may be my wish to have done a slow micro-taper. i always wake up grateful that i don't have to deal with trying to taper 'cause i really did try for over ten years. i even tried Ashton's taper. everything was still always too fast for me i guess. i couldn't do it. had to do the next best thing even if it meant i could die. i love the title of this thread by the way. :)

I have noticed that my memory is getting much better lately. I used to have those blank out moments daily and now it's only once a week. Hopefully, they will go away completely.

I've also gotten to the point where 5:00 can come and go and i no longer think about having to take my daily dose and then reminding myself i'm done.  :thumbsup:

Such a great story! I think I need to read it every day! This is a great place for guidance and help....but can be scary too (I have stopped reading the horror stories because they just freak me out and I am aware of this thing called nocebo effect and believe it's real). I think I have also learned that if you have to updose a little it isn't the end of the world...sometimes I think we get stuck in the mentality of "no pain no gain" and while I think you have to contend with some discomfort from this crap....it doesn't have to destroy your life. At least that is the thought I am trying to go with. I have had to do a small rescue dose a couple times to keep myself out of the psyche ward, and was sad that I had to feel so guilty about it...like I was a failure. So reading your story has really helped in all regards of the healthy way to view this drug and tapering. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and can hardly wait to be right there next to you in my recovery!!!

• 7 months later...

I have noticed that my memory is getting much better lately. I used to have those blank out moments daily and now it's only once a week. Hopefully, they will go away completely.

I've also gotten to the point where 5:00 can come and go and i no longer think about having to take my daily dose and then reminding myself i'm done.  :thumbsup:

I have not posted in this thread in a long while, but wanted to note that my memory issues have been completely resolved. For those of you who are worried about this, it does get better. I don't have any blank moments anymore, and am enjoying reliving memories that i thought i had lost forever.

Crash, what an inspiring story! I wish I'd done a micro-taper. It probably would have cut down on the misery and pain to a considerable degree. CONGRATULATIONS, and go live the rest of your wonderful life. You deserve it!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: