titration question

[Se...]

How I hate mornings! adrenaline rushes thru me. try all the tricks.. nothing seems to work. maybe by this afternoon. any ideas on pasing thru this phase? which has been going on since March.

I just have come to the realization of how many things I have done the last 2-3 months that have made things harder for me. c/t x and K, waiting 3 weeks for valium, cutting it too fast,,

I figure am in w/d still from the xanax,klonopin, maybe thats why the heart racing thing wont calm down.

Are you guys sure I will stabilize with all this crap and symptoms going on now?  You say you always stabilize, ok.. will hang in there, but I have been on the 16.75 mg for a good 3 weeks.  I really screwd things up by tapering too fast... any hope for stabilizing out there? any resources or research beside Ashton? thanks.

[e8...]

Hi Sealynn,

You will almost certainly eventually stabilise Sealynn.  One of our members here also cut to fast at a similar amount to you, had some pretty awful symptoms and had to stay at the one dose for 6 weeks, before he was able to cut again, but he was able to cut, and is still cutting.  So please try not to worry about not ever being able to cut again.  You already said that you got some hours of relief, what will happen is those hours will get a bit longer, and the symptoms should get less intense.

The mornings are pretty bad for me too, sometimes when I wake up, I feel terrible anxiety, and I cant wait for the evening to arrive so I can get a bit of respite.  The thing is, the symptoms may not go away altogether, the uncomfortable feelings just seem to fade, then come back and fade again.

I am not sure if there are any other good resources around, maybe one of the other mods may know of some.

Hang in there, you will get through this.  Its very hard, especially at first, until you become more familiar with cutting, and can see that you are slowly getting down.  When that happens it encourages you and helps you to know that one day you will be off and it doesnt matter what you have to walk through to gain

your freedom. 

Hi Vicky, or other mod.

Dont have my notes in front of me,Basically I started the 16.75 mg april 16, but moved all dose to PM on April29th.  but yes I do feel windows very briefly. I just dont want to develp tolerance at my level. and some say that beginning the taper again may relieve some s/x.

I feel I am starting to cope with the heart racing and negative thoughts. AM really thinking about starting to cut tonite. Do you have any thoughts about whether to go with .5 mg cuts at my stage? every 7/14 days? or stay with ashton .. 10% cuts. I do not want to go to 10% but might be thinking of 1 mg to start with. Any thoughts about "stabilizing" are appreciated, but am thinking maybe I am starting to stabilize and want to go on.

Hi,

Do you mean that you take all your Valium around the same time of day? I don't think that's a very good idea. We look to gain as even a dose over the day as possible. I'd recommend that you split your dose evenly throughout the day. Either two equal doses 12 hours apart, or three equal doses 8 hours apart.

Sealynn,

If I were you, I would start with the smaller-size cuts. You can always cut more frequently if things are going well. Everyone's taper speed is different. You'll just have to try what works for your body.