Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Well done thus far Nomore..

:)

Just to note that I split the larger (still pretty small) tablets into 1/8 (0.25) using a cheap pill splitter...

If that helps...??

All the best as you continue..  :)

Thanks cantfly  :) I'll see how I go when I get down to 0.5mg. At some point I will need to jump but not mentally ready yet. It really has helped writing my daily dose down on paper so I can see where I've come from and how I'm nearly there.

Well done thus far Nomore..

Just to note that I split the larger (still pretty small) tablets into 1/8 (0.25) using a cheap pill splitter...

If that helps...??

All the best as you continue..  :)

Thanks cantfly  :) I'll see how I go when I get down to 0.5mg. At some point I will need to jump but not mentally ready yet. It really has helped writing my daily dose down on paper so I can see where I've come from and how I'm nearly there.

I use a gram scale to weigh my dose, this helped me a lot (once I actually read the instructions and figured it out). Won't it feel good to finally not have worry about these pills again?Good luck  :smitten:

Please give me your technique..I am gonna be down there soon and done with scales,titrations etc. At 1.3 with some 2 mg pills and some 5 mg one also

Please give me your technique..I am gonna be down there soon and done with scales,titrations etc. At 1.3 with some 2 mg pills and some 5 mg one also

Hi Chenka, I didn't do a daily reduction, just a cut and hold. I just used the scale to figure out the accuracy of my cuts. I found I particularly needed it for smaller cuts i.e. at .25. Maybe someone else could chime in though. I used a gram scale meant for jewlery.

Down to 1.4 mg and struggling with the same sxs every time I cut. I have the same withdrawals everyday about the same time.

My biggest issue is my neck tightness always feels like I need to pop my neck, I can hear popping when I move it constantly. Nerve pain radiates up to my head and I feel dizzy or off balance, along with vision issues when the nerve pain hits.

I have numbness in my feet at the same time then it all goes away around bed time. Sometimes I wake up and feel great.

It's been a struggle for sure. If it wasn't for this forum I would be at the doctor all the time thinking I have medical issues.

I vision the day I'm healed, almost seems like a fantasy. ;D

Thought I might join here, as  I qualify again of my hospital blunder, where they up  dosed me to 4mgs from 2.5mgs. I am trying to stay on track this time 

At 2.90mg, Not well, but won't be till off Diazepam. Wasted too much time and now it's 8 months since prescribed. Too long 

4mgs

3.5mgs

liquid reduction to

3mg

2.9mgs

Hi! I’m at 2.5 mg valium. My plan is to cut to 2.25 mg after 16 days total; then to 2.0 mg after another 16 days. 16 days between .25 mg cuts seems to work best for me.

After reaching 2 mg, I’ll either keep on with .25 mg cuts until reaching 1 mg and then continue with pharmacy-compounded liquid microtaper, or possibly start with pharmacy-compounded liquid microtaper at 2mg. It all depends on how I’m feeling.

I’m doing this with the support of a withdrawal doc. I got to 2.75 mg on my own, and low-dose taper is uncharted territory for me. The symptoms are interesting.

sila

Checking in here! How is everyone doing? I’m holding at .8mg through the holidays. Anyone else have plans to hold until the new year? My worst symptom is headache. It’s constant and the pain spikes to the point here I am incapacitated. If I didn’t have headaches, I think I could jump at the point. Other than that one symptom, everything else is tolerable. I have burnings gums and tongue, teeth, and buzzing feet and legs. Oh, and I keep eating! Geez, the sweets! They make me feel yucky, but the sugar is also like comfort food.

How is everyone doing today?

Hit 1.0 V today so thought I'd check in here.

Doing well, but still have some pain in waves. Had a bad one a few weeks ago, brought on by one small glass of wine. It'll do it to you!

It passed and things are OK. Sleep was dropping below 6 hours so I started remeron again. So far so good.

A bit nervous about dropping below 1.0 because I will have to cut down on the solid pill and those transitions can be dicey. I tapered all of my liquid dose to 0. I may not change a whole .5 from pill to liquid. Maybe .25 or something.

Hi Guys... :)

Good to hear from you all... :)

Congrats on getting down to the pointy end of the stick...

If I were to give any suggestions, it would be to listen to your bodys and use your previous tapering history as a genneral guide, -if possible...

Going "low n slow" seems to work well... lots happens in our bodys as the final traces of medication comes out and we start to run on our own chemistry...

-Exciting times..!!

How are you ya doing Can't?  and thanks for the well wishes.

It is always nice to receive confirmation that this is normal for some to have to remain at a turtles pace........  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

Its all going fairly well thanks Kasey...

Cant, yu got on Lyrica and another med to get off??

Is that worth it?

I have to decide--  been trying to lowly go lower but just can't am so alone  and got panic yesterday and very depressed (searching out websites for way out)...

Thx

It is always nice to receive confirmation that this is normal for some to have to remain at a turtles pace........  :thumbsup:

Is that worth it?

I have to decide--  been trying to lowly go lower but just can't am so alone  and got panic yesterday and very depressed (searching out websites for way out)...

Thx

I cant stay on the opiate (norspan).. Its what caused all the problems in the first place.. A regular and significant doseing increase is the only other option... -A short lived option...

Lyrica was the same, but I am nearly done with that now... (50mg)

Last time I came off the opiates I was still getting worse at 15months... Had I known then what I know now, I wouldnt have been so easily convinced to reinstate at what was considered low dose for me...

Tolerance is the problem...

Pain is not a huge problem in comparison...

I dont know how this translates for you?? Will the meds actually solve your original problems..?? And for how long...??

I guess its risk vs benifit...

I sure am over dedicating so many years to this...

:(

Hang in there...

-my body feels much more capable with no Valium.. Though it has increased the opiate WD quite a bit... So I must push on slowly...

Hey, Cant.......good to hear youre almost finished with Lyrica.......two down. 

I hear you regarding all the time spent to this.  Mind boggling, really.

I'm 2 weeks off V, now.  Roller coaster but glad to be off.....

Is that worth it?

Thx

I cant stay on the opiate (norspan).. Its what caused all the problems in the first place.. A regular and significant doseing increase is the only other option... -A short lived option...

Lyrica was the same, but I am nearly done with that now... (50mg)

Last time I came off the opiates I was still getting worse at 15months... Had I known then what I know now, I wouldnt have been so easily convinced to reinstate at what was considered low dose for me...

Tolerance is the problem...

Pain is not a huge problem in comparison...

I dont know how this translates for you?? Will the meds actually solve your original problems..?? And for how long...??

I guess its risk vs benifit...

I sure am over dedicating so many years to this...

:(

Hang in there...

-my body feels much more capable with no Valium.. Though it has increased the opiate WD quite a bit... So I must push on slowly...

Not sure I understand== you went off opiates and were worse 15 months off them?

The Lyrica is for pain or for getting off something else?  How addictive do you find that to be?  I ask because I think could get off benzos, maybe if take it.  But is it worth it-- another controlled addictive med. 

Maybe simplest if I go back to small dose klonopin and hope it works for another 30 years... hehe.

thx

Not sure I understand== you went off opiates and were worse 15 months off them?

The Lyrica is for pain or for getting off something else?  How addictive do you find that to be?  I ask because I think could get off benzos, maybe if take it.  But is it worth it-- another controlled addictive med. 

Maybe simplest if I go back to small dose klonopin and hope it works for another 30 years... hehe.

thx

Your right, It is hard to understand without knowing my full history,, I tried to be as clear as I could in my sig, but it falls short... -Perhaps the start of my blog...??

I was in tolerance at 470mg/day of oxycontin... -If one broke their leg, they might get say 20mg(ish)..

The short story is Valium came in as a taper aid for the oxy, First in the ER,  -more after the Detox CT... My issues were predominantly muscle cramps, spasms, and a non functional GI... (asides the norm)

The New opiate Norspan is said to have a blocker that has a high first pass affinity to the receptors in the GI tract... I am healing.. Though slowly... Nearly 10 yrs of this crap now... :(

I used gabapentin mainly, for the accident related nerve pain, but that slowly became rare incidences that needed one off high doses.. Lyrica didnt seem to work as well...

I tried lyrica as a taper aid for a week at Xmas 2016, to see.. I had a small WD from that week...!! (Posted in Other Medications here at BB)

A year later my life turned upside down, (when I left BB for a while) And I started to use lyrica as a once off to get things done.. It gave ME so much energy... Then Other life things happened and I added lyrica at 25mg/d... -I was kinda commited to maintaining this new level of function, but within 3months I was up to 300mg/d, so bit the bullet and started tapering...

What I should have done was updose the V instead of adding lyrica..

So while it may well help one get off benzos, I dont know if it will cover you long enough to actually heal..?? We are all too different, and this was just my experience...

I Doubt many here would have a similar medication history, so I do have to be carefull how I write things, and what may or may not relate... Particularly with the newer members that dont know me...

Anyways, a trip down memory lane... :)

-But perhaps not that much help to you..??

But seriously, I wouldnt condem you for any "out of the box" choices you made at this point.. -so to speak...

After all, the "big picture" is more than just tapering and medication free for some of us... Living is important too... Or in my case it was parenting...

Cut to 2.25 mg V today. So far so good.

Doing Great..!!

You have picked up the pace a bit, so just keep an eye out for increasing SX, and adjust if you feel the need to do so...

All the best as you continue..

Finally down to 1.3 mg V, and for the most part I'm doing ok. Noticed increased HR as a awake like I'm having adrenaline surges and headaches with elevated BP.

Things are getting better overall but I'm having to learn to calm myself down, take it slow when something happens to cause anxiety, a lot distracting myself.

I find myself feeling better when I'm outdoors doing my hobbies.

At work I still struggle with crowds so I avoid them.

I'm going to taper all the way down to .5 as that is what I think I need.

SO I jumped a few weeks ago, does anyone know how I can put in one of those no more benzos ticker thingys? :)

Three days after I jumped I felt extremely nauseated for 2-3 days. I seem also to get angry very easily and it will take me like a day or two to calm down. Yesterday and this morning I felt this inner rage and it really frightened me. Its still not completely gone.

Anxiety and agoraphobia still there of course, but I expect it will take a bit for that to subside.

SO I jumped a few weeks ago, does anyone know how I can put in one of those no more benzos ticker thingys? :)

Three days after I jumped I felt extremely nauseated for 2-3 days. I seem also to get angry very easily and it will take me like a day or two to calm down. Yesterday and this morning I felt this inner rage and it really frightened me. Its still not completely gone.

Anxiety and agoraphobia still there of course, but I expect it will take a bit for that to subside.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :thumbsup:

Gwinna

Here is a link to help you with a "ticker" 💖 Peace and Healing.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=203767.0

My dr. thought maybe go up bit on valium (5 mg) to get off ambien.  Wa my suggestion, really.  but now am told by some here would have to go up to 12 or so mg valium?  Is that worth it/

I dont know... been trying to get off 3!!!

thx.  I just nonfunctional now mostly.

Lyrica a possibility to be added in or then maybe it mroe confusing.very depressed.  Mostly stuck in bed or at least in apt... ;(

[1b...]

My dr. thought maybe go up bit on valium (5 mg) to get off ambien.  Wa my suggestion, really.  but now am told by some here would have to go up to 12 or so mg valium?  Is that worth it/

I dont know... been trying to get off 3!!!

thx.  I just nonfunctional now mostly.

Lyrica a possibility to be added in or then maybe it mroe confusing.very depressed.  Mostly stuck in bed or at least in apt... ;(

Because you have been suffering so greatly from depression, Valium seems like the worst possible option for you – I say this based my own experience, as well as the negative experiences of numerous others here, who have experienced devastating, immobilizing depression.

The crossover to Valium plunged me into the worst depression of my life, to a dangerous degree, and I had to switch back to Ativan. While it’s OK for some folks, perhaps many, Valium is extremely depressive for many others.

Lyrica is likely to lift your mood and productivity, but perhaps it won’t until you ditch the Valium. Also, Lyrica has its own withdrawal issues, so that’s also worth taking into account. 

If I were in your shoes, I’d stick with the Ambien for now (from which to finish tapering later on), and get rid of the Valium first – it really seems to be having only a negative effect on you.

thx, Leslie.

Yes, Lyrica has own withdrawal ut if it helped me now would it be worth it you think?

Still would have to get off ambien...  sigh...

[1b...]

thx, Leslie.

Yes, Lyrica has own withdrawal ut if it helped me now would it be worth it you think?

Still would have to get off ambien...  sigh...

Lyrica could quite possibly help you get off the Valium and perhaps the Ambien as well.

I’m not saying that’s what you ought to do, but when I was given Lyrica for my back last year, it elevated my mood – and while tapering off wasn’t easy, it was in no way as horrifying as the Valium experiences, omg.

At this point I’m free of all drugs, no longer depressed at all, and lately I’ve been sleeping almost at will, sometimes for 10-14 hours straight if I feel like it.

After two solid years of 0-2 hours of sleep a night (often zero), this is a real miracle, believe me. And I’m older than you are. :)