Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Thank you!  I approached tapering with so much fear.  But it can be done without pain and suffering!

Positive thoughts and expectations are such a help. The most important advice for me was switch to Valium, get stable and stay stable throughout the tAper. I'm not saying there won't be bumps in the road but get stable and try again. Fear multiplies withdrawal symptoms 10 fold.  :)))))

[0d...]

Lemondrop,

5205854.png

graphics-pigs-279975.gif

[move] 5206323.png[/move]

(thanks to Bella Amis for providing the images and format for the above text.)

[0d...]

Is there a discussion on here somewhere or elsewhere on BB about taper rate as we get lower?  And about when looking at % doesn't make sense anymore?

I know I read about it a long time ago when I was at a higher dose so the info didn't stick and now I can't find it or remember what thread it was on... anyone know?

i tapered librium. since i was not having difficulty, i did not slow my taper rate as i got under 10 mg librium. i cut @ 2.5 mg every month till the end.

Is there a discussion on here somewhere or elsewhere on BB about taper rate as we get lower?  And about when looking at % doesn't make sense anymore?

I know I read about it a long time ago when I was at a higher dose so the info didn't stick and now I can't find it or remember what thread it was on... anyone know?

i tapered librium. since i was not having difficulty, i did not slow my taper rate as i got under 10 mg librium. i cut @ 2.5 mg every month till the end.

I think thats kinda the thing, If it aint broke, -dont fix... But that gets tricky if one runs into some bumps that are unfamiliar...

Thats probably why I am in favour of tapering by symptoms primarily...

In my case I cant stress enough how important it was to go low in dose and slow.. I pill split V, so that hindered me some, but the upside was that the symptoms that followed a cut over the next few months gave me much info and thus confidence...

But yes, at some point % has to rise or it becomes endless.. I would prefer to increase % at very low dose than jump earlier.. -All very individual with so many factors in play...

Hope that helps a little...

:)

Ok, my pharmacy was back ordered on Mylan brand diazepam and had to switch to a different manufacture.

I noticed different withdrawals on day two, actually a stimulation in my muscles.

I figured that I would hold at 1.5mg and wait out the withdrawals. On day 14 I noticed more withdrawals and today it's getting worse.

Today  I started running a mild fever of 100, stomach cramping, GI issues, feet cramping bad so I know these are typical withdrawals.

My concern is the fever part. I looked up Valium withdrawals and a mild fever is also a withdrawal.

Anybody think any different? 

Ok, my pharmacy was back ordered on Mylan brand diazepam and had to switch to a different manufacture.

I noticed different withdrawals on day two, actually a stimulation in my muscles.

I figured that I would hold at 1.5mg and wait out the withdrawals. On day 14 I noticed more withdrawals and today it's getting worse.

Today  I started running a mild fever of 100, stomach cramping, GI issues, feet cramping bad so I know these are typical withdrawals.

My concern is the fever part. I looked up Valium withdrawals and a mild fever is also a withdrawal.

No, I first assumed that WD wouldnt cause an actual significant rise in temp... But it has...

I first thought it was a real flue or cold, but due to having no spleen I am tested quickly in that situation and usually I was in the clear...

Incidently, when Pathology has shown that I am extreemly sick, I have hardly registered it with symptoms...

Makes it tricky... 107 was my best spike, but more up to 105... But in a situation a bit more complex than general WD...

I hope others can provide a clearer answer for you..

I am realy amazed, but not doubting, the problems many are having with all the generic changes.. So much for the slogan they push that generics are just the same..

I hope you bounce back real soon Caltn,

Take care..

Hey Heathcliff and anyone else - I noticed that you were around the .36ml mark on your tapering.  I have had to really slow down my dlmt as I reached the .50ml mark. I am currently at .21ml, was wondering how much you maybe reducing weekly or bi weekly?

Has anyone else found that they too had to slowly chip away at their dose even at this low of a dose?

It has been said that once we are this low there is very little to none therapeutic benefits, but that does not address the brains dependency of the medication.

what do you guys think? :smitten:

I am right below 1.5 and suffering - I find this to be a really tough spot to reduce. Have seen others talking about how it gets rough also around .5.  How were you at 1.5? I am thinking it is going to take me at least a year to get as low as you are...and I know several who are at .3 and still struggling

Hang in

I am right below 1.5 and suffering - I find this to be a really tough spot to reduce. Have seen others talking about how it gets rough also around .5.  How were you at 1.5? I am thinking it is going to take me at least a year to get as low as you are...and I know several who are at .3 and still struggling

Hang in

Hey hun,

First I want to let ya know, YOU are doing a fabulous job.  :thumbsup: This is not an easy thing to do or conquer, but you are doing it and doing it the right way - slow and steady.

I did have 2 times that stood out for me as the roughest miles stones to get past.  Because of the benzo brain, I am at a loss as to what the dose was,  so sorry. But I do want to say, that I held for several weeks and sometimes I would do what I call a rescue dose, wh/ really consisted of a lick of the syringe I would use to measure each dose. I would dip it in the roxie liquid and consume that practically immeasurable dose.  It was around a few drop off the syringe. Because I am a 'cheap date' it does not take much for me to feel the effects & yes it does help me. It seems to stop this run away train of nasty symptoms and lets me begin that climb back to what I call my yucky baseline.

I think we learn and/or develop a few tricks to keep on going.  Perhaps that suggestion might help you as well.

When the really rough patches hit, the ones where I feel as though I can not make progress and I am stuck at this level; I try several things. Holding for a bit ( like a few days to a few weeks). I will do what many call an insignificant rescue dose. Then I press on with my very slow turtle DLMT. I have had to adjust the % I am tapering 2 times.  That began once I hit 2mg.

It can be such a trial and trial thing, as the brain continues to heal, my taper has evolved to accommodate what I can tolerate. This benzo adventure is a wild ride and one we will finish and go onto live a life better than we ever thought possible.  :smitten:

Hang in

Hey hun,

First I want to let ya know, YOU are doing a fabulous job.  :thumbsup: This is not an easy thing to do or conquer, but you are doing it and doing it the right way - slow and steady.

I did have 2 times that stood out for me as the roughest miles stones to get past.  Because of the benzo brain, I am at a loss as to what the dose was,  so sorry. But I do want to say, that I held for several weeks and sometimes I would do what I call a rescue dose, wh/ really consisted of a lick of the syringe I would use to measure each dose. I would dip it in the roxie liquid and consume that practically immeasurable dose.  It was around a few drop off the syringe. Because I am a 'cheap date' it does not take much for me to feel the effects & yes it does help me. It seems to stop this run away train of nasty symptoms and lets me begin that climb back to what I call my yucky baseline.

I think we learn and/or develop a few tricks to keep on going.  Perhaps that suggestion might help you as well.

When the really rough patches hit, the ones where I feel as though I can not make progress and I am stuck at this level; I try several things. Holding for a bit ( like a few days to a few weeks). I will do what many call an insignificant rescue dose. Then I press on with my very slow turtle DLMT. I have had to adjust the % I am tapering 2 times.  That began once I hit 2mg.

It can be such a trial and trial thing, as the brain continues to heal, my taper has evolved to accommodate what I can tolerate. This benzo adventure is a wild ride and one we will finish and go onto live a life better than we ever thought possible.  :smitten:

Thanks for getting back so soon. hahaha you can't remember the dose - so true.....I also do the lick the syringe thing: started a couple of days ago and went from 1.43-1.45 (or so) and I swear my body can feel .02 mg. So I am doing a bit better....trying to be more disciplined about holding cause I am just so ready to cut as soon as I feel good again. It is so necessary to have you people who've covered that hard terrain I'm still facing....

I see several here like me are suffering at 1.5 mg. I was having a lot of neck pain, tension headaches so I held.

I feel like I healed enough to taper but was slammed with sxs when the pharmacy changed my generic scrip.

I may  have to use a liquid so I can get some precise cuts.

This is harder that I ever realized at the low of dose.

Hey Heathcliff and anyone else - I noticed that you were around the .36ml mark on your tapering.  I have had to really slow down my dlmt as I reached the .50ml mark. I am currently at .21ml, was wondering how much you maybe reducing weekly or bi weekly?

Has anyone else found that they too had to slowly chip away at their dose even at this low of a dose?

It has been said that once we are this low there is very little to none therapeutic benefits, but that does not address the brains dependency of the medication.

what do you guys think? :smitten:

Totally Agree.. 0.25v and below was a real eye opener...!!

Esp. Considering my slow taper speed... Low n slow, imho...

Be well Kasey..

How are you ya doing Can't?  and thanks for the well wishes.

It is always nice to receive confirmation that this is normal for some to have to remain at a turtles pace........  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

How are you ya doing Can't?  and thanks for the well wishes.

It is always nice to receive confirmation that this is normal for some to have to remain at a turtles pace........  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

Its all going fairly well thanks Kasey...

No, I first assumed that WD wouldnt cause an actual significant rise in temp... But it has...

I first thought it was a real flue or cold, but due to having no spleen I am tested quickly in that situation and usually I was in the clear...

Incidently, when Pathology has shown that I am extreemly sick, I have hardly registered it with symptoms...

Makes it tricky... 107 was my best spike, but more up to 105... But in a situation a bit more complex than general WD...

I hope others can provide a clearer answer for you..

I am realy amazed, but not doubting, the problems many are having with all the generic changes.. So much for the slogan they push that generics are just the same..

I hope you bounce back real soon Caltn,

Take care..

Thanks Cantfly

I ended up getting a shot and my white blood count and fever broke. I was running 103 for a couple days, feel better but still not great.

I have heard many people say that changing one brand of  a generic to a genric  by a different manufacturer has made no difference st all. But there a few who have gotten more side effects upon change but they went away. I guess some people are more sensitive than others.

aside from side effects, changing a brand of generics  I dont think will make any difference in your taper. It won’t harm your taper.

Heath

Hi Heath, just thought I would send you some good "Thoughts", and let you know I am thinking of you and you are missed. Have a nice day and be kind to yourself. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi Begood.

Good to get a welcome from you!  Hope your taper continues to be smooth and uneventful. Hope any wdsx you might experience are light and fleeting.  :smitten: I’m sending peace and healing and all good thoughts🙏 And prayers your way.

I’m doing ok. Went to my primary care doc. He has ordered an mri of my c spine. Wants to make sure the tingling, pins and needles in my hands and arms and the numbness and stiffness in some of my fingers are not being caused by something pinched in my neck. I do have spinal stenosis, so I’m glad he is being cautious. He is aware of benzo withdrawal wdsx and said it could be wdsx too. I’m glad he is knowledgeable about that but he is also being cautious.

Funny how when you put things in perspective your thoughts can change.  At this point I hope these symptoms ARE FROM WDSX. ILL TAKE WDSX OVER A NEED FOR SURGERY ANYTIME!

I hope to be back on the forums more. I’m back at work and kind of overwhelmed. Things are not going smoothly in the classroom at all. I hoe they improve soon.

Heath  :smitten::thumbsup::hug:

I have read several asking how tough it gets when we are low on Valium.  I am planning to hold at 1.5 mg. Valium until I am healed.

I think doing that will mean that the increments to get lower will not be such a big, big problem.

I tried three times in the last seven months to reduce from 1.5 mg., and I think I am in a tough spot, because I can't do it.  So I am deciding just to wait it out.

I have heard many people say that changing one brand of  a generic to a genric  by a different manufacturer has made no difference st all. But there a few who have gotten more side effects upon change but they went away. I guess some people are more sensitive than others.

aside from side effects, changing a brand of generics  I dont think will make any difference in your taper. It won’t harm your taper.

Heath

Hi Heath, just thought I would send you some good "Thoughts", and let you know I am thinking of you and you are missed. Have a nice day and be kind to yourself. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi Begood.

Good to get a welcome from you!  Hope your taper continues to be smooth and uneventful. Hope any wdsx you might experience are light and fleeting.  :smitten: I’m sending peace and healing and all good thoughts🙏 And prayers your way.

I’m doing ok. Went to my primary care doc. He has ordered an mri of my c spine. Wants to make sure the tingling, pins and needles in my hands and arms and the numbness and stiffness in some of my fingers are not being caused by something pinched in my neck. I do have spinal stenosis, so I’m glad he is being cautious. He is aware of benzo withdrawal wdsx and said it could be wdsx too. I’m glad he is knowledgeable about that but he is also being cautious.

Funny how when you put things in perspective your thoughts can change.  At this point I hope these symptoms ARE FROM WDSX. ILL TAKE WDSX OVER A NEED FOR SURGERY ANYTIME!

I hope to be back on the forums more. I’m back at work and kind of overwhelmed. Things are not going smoothly in the classroom at all. I hoe they improve soon.

Heath  :smitten::thumbsup::hug:

Hi Heath, I am doing well, just blips, compared to my first two tapers from hell, soon will be at 0.26mg of V, slow as a turtle and the only way for me, I will walk off with fumes. I hope your tests are OK for your spine, and I know that you are doing the best you can. I admire the fact that you are working, that is not easy when tapering. Stay Strong. I wish we could hear from Valley, I am worried about him, maybe he will pop in soon. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks to begood.  You warned me that with my fast taper down from 4 mg., I might run into more withdrawal trouble later.  And I did.  I have tried three times in the last seven months to reduce from 1.5 mg., and I can't do it.

I read and reread the encouragement for long holds.  I think that it is the only way that I will ultimately be successful in cessation of Valium.

Thank you for your faithfulness to this site.  Your advice is invaluable.

Thanks to begood.  You warned me that with my fast taper down from 4 mg., I might run into more withdrawal trouble later.  And I did.  I have tried three times in the last seven months to reduce from 1.5 mg., and I can't do it.

I read and reread the encouragement for long holds.  I think that it is the only way that I will ultimately be successful in cessation of Valium.

Thank you for your faithfulness to this site.  Your advice is invaluable.

Hi Julianna, sorry about the bump in the road, but I will tell you, that you can and will be able to get off. But this is my thinking, 0.25mg cuts at this low dose is stretching it, and it will take longer to recover. I think you are wise to hold for a while, until you feel stable, your Brain has been screaming at you to slow down...I know because I did the same things when I did my first two tapers...sadly it did not work for me. So when you are ready....and not anytime soon, perhaps cutting only 5-10%, please remember the lower you go the percentage you are cutting is larger...as fractions do. This is doable, but it takes time and patience also. Trust me, we do heal as we taper...if we do not compromise ourselves. Think about the end game, you too can walk off one day when it is time. I think you will do well, if you slow down and not cut so large, but please let your Brain rest from all the ups and downs of your taper. You got this...tapering is a Process and processes take time...all the time it needs. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks, begood.

I do plan to reduce only 5 percent per 36 days (I have worked out how with a milk solution).  I am not sure if I need to hold after each 36 days or not.  It would take me six months to get .25 mg. Valium reduced if I reduce 5 percent, and then hold a month or six weeks with each 5 percent reduction. 

I am pessimistically thinking it is going to still take years to come off entirely.  I can't tolerate derealization, as I have a history of nervous breakdowns.

Thank you very much for encouraging me.  You were a life saver when I was reducing too fast from 4 mg. Valium, beginning about a year ago.

Thanks, begood.

I do plan to reduce only 5 percent per 36 days (I have worked out how with a milk solution).  I am not sure if I need to hold after each 36 days or not.  It would take me six months to get .25 mg. Valium reduced if I reduce 5 percent, and then hold a month or six weeks with each 5 percent reduction. 

I am pessimistically thinking it is going to still take years to come off entirely.  I can't tolerate derealization, as I have a history of nervous breakdowns.

Thank you very much for encouraging me.  You were a life saver when I was reducing too fast from 4 mg. Valium, beginning about a year ago.

You have a good plan, you will feel better, time will go faster than you think. I know from my experience it is so worth it, trust the process of healing and having suffered so much those first two times, it is so nice now to just have blips. Stay Strong, and just take one day at a time. :smitten:

Thanks, begood.

You have a good plan, you will feel better, time will go faster than you think. I know from my experience it is so worth it, trust the process of healing and having suffered so much those first two times, it is so nice now to just have blips. Stay Strong, and just take one day at a time. :smitten:

Hi Guys...

Julianna, I just wanted to support this... Towards the end I could only drop about 1v per year... Even that was touch n go with the 0.25 cuts, But I feel micro tapering in some form would have helped a fair bit... (I couldnt)

A big hi to Heath also, and ofcourse BG...

Thanks, begood.

Hi Guys...

Julianna, I just wanted to support this... Towards the end I could only drop about 1v per year... Even that was touch n go with the 0.25 cuts, But I feel micro tapering in some form would have helped a fair bit... (I couldnt)

A big hi to Heath also, and ofcourse BG...

Hi Can’t! I do so hope you are doing ok.

And I do so support the advice you and Begood are giving.

I too am going so slowly! It took me over 1 1/2 years, probably longer to get from 1mg Valium to .35

Now my 5% cut is only about .021mg reduction!

I’m learning the hard way that 6% of a small amount gets even smaller and smaller every time I cut.

Oh brother! If I am off in another years time....and I don’t know that I will, but I’ll be very very grateful!

But I’m hangin in here to the very end!

I often think of Lynne 33 and Ann and I remember how they wLked off after tapering down all the way to just about 0.  I hope I can do that too.

Heath :smitten:  :):thumbsup: