11 months out,solving the symptoms puzzle: what is benzo related and what isn't?

[al...]

I think your list of things you know for sure is right on target and I agree with all of it!  Glad you're moving in the right direction.  :smitten::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing Alabama. 

I drive myself crazy trying to "fix" or find solotions to every problem,  and this was precisely what I needed to read.  Printing and saving as a reminder as I finish out my taper, and beyond.

With gratitude,

WR

• 2 years later...
Glad you are feeling better Alabama! But I’m so confused after reading all these posts and the information I have gathered. How is it after all the meds you were in that so damaged your brain would you choose to go on celexa? From what I’ve seen all these drugs are dangerous. I’m so very happy they helped you. I’m considering and antidepressant but I can’t afford to get worse, because I have to be able to work. I just don’t get how that med helped you but I’m sure glad it did.

Glad you are feeling better Alabama! But I’m so confused after reading all these posts and the information I have gathered.

You do realize that she wrote it 3 years ago.  That's the danger of ''bumping' remote old posts that no longer represent the individual specific circumstances of the original poster.  The main title may be appealing, but some people will be unaware of its mootness.   

I dont see a problem with bumping old posts that are inspirational. Many people who healed a long time ago come back to update their success stories and answer questions.

Dolphins1, maybe Alabama will come back to clarify one day. I am sure it was a very difficult decision, as reflected in her story. Not all medications are the same, and they definitely dont work the same on all people, or on individual people at different times of their lives. I'm sure it helps to be able to consult supportive doctors, other health professionals, family and friends.

Take care,

JKS

I dont see a problem with bumping old posts that are inspirational. Many people who healed a long time ago come back to update their success stories and answer questions.

Dolphins1, maybe Alabama will come back to clarify one day. I am sure it was a very difficult decision, as reflected in her story. Not all medications are the same, and they definitely dont work the same on all people, or on individual people at different times of their lives. I'm sure it helps to be able to consult supportive doctors, other health professionals, family and friends.

Take care,JKS

Thanks JKS.......I understand all medications are not the same. I have been around these boards for quite some time. And on other boards and all I see is damage caused by all these medications. Heck 1 out of 6 Americans are on them. Its purely Russian roulette to see if they work or not. Thats what gets me. I see and experienced the proof, i guess you could say, that these medications are dangerous and harmful. So I question as to how they could be good for us. I know everyone is different. Yet from my exerience from the benzos I am quite hesitant to reintroduce toxic pills that can make things far worse. This is the point I dont get. The pills are either good or bad for us. Im not picking on your statement. I am having this argument within myself.  :smitten:

This resonates with me. Was considering spending a lot of money on an alternative health doctor. Thinking I should just wait. I had blood work done by a regular doctor and it came back normal so.. I'm thinking I should wait and see.

Congrats on your healing