Would Love To Try Water Titration

[mi...]

question if i have the .5mg can i use it..

let say using 2 .5mg for  water titration

will that work... i dont have the 1mg anymore

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [el...]

• [so...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey , of course you can use 2 -.5 mg pills in place of one 1mg. pill.  If your ready , you can start with the plan I mentioned above , if you want to use readily available household items, like a measuring cup, and tablespoon. use this formula to start.

Crush 2-.5 mg pills between 2 spoons untill you get a fine powder. (do this over a piece of tablet paper , incase some of the small chunks fly out of spoon while crushing)  Once you have a fine powder, add this to either one cup of whole milk or water and stir well. 

First night just drink the whole cup.    do this for a week.  starting week 2 mix up solution and discard 1 tablespoon of the solution,  drink the rest .  do this for a week.  At this rate continueing to discard a tablespoon  each week you would be off the junk in 16 weeks.  If you think you can go faster, or want to try to go faster, you could throw away 1.5 tablespoons each week, this would get you off the junk in 12  weeks.

ONLY YOU, can determine how much  to cut or how fast to go, based on your ability to handle any symptoms that may come.

Don't get depressed if you have symptoms.  Titration is a great aide in getting off the benzo's , by allowing you to go slowly, but this does not gurantee you will be symptom free.  It just reduces the severity of smyptoms in most cases. 

If you do have a 100 ml graduated cylinder , syringe,  and crucible, refere to the plan I mentioned in previous post.

Don't be afraid to ask for clarification if your confused.  This comes easy for some and is difficult for others to comprehend.

There are no bad questions, so have at it and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

st

Mikey , of course you can use 2 -.5 mg pills in place of one 1mg. pill.   If your ready , you can start with the plan I mentioned above , if you want to use readily available household items, like a measuring cup, and tablespoon. use this formula to start.

Crush 2-.5 mg pills between 2 spoons untill you get a fine powder. (do this over a piece of tablet paper , incase some of the small chunks fly out of spoon while crushing)  Once you have a fine powder, add this to either one cup of whole milk or water and stir well. 

First night just drink the whole cup.    do this for a week.   starting week 2 mix up solution and discard 1 tablespoon of the solution,  drink the rest .  do this for a week.   At this rate continueing to discard a tablespoon  each week you would be off the junk in 16 weeks.  If you think you can go faster, or want to try to go faster, you could throw away 1.5 tablespoons each week, this would get you off the junk in 12  weeks.

ONLY YOU, can determine how much  to cut or how fast to go, based on your ability to handle any symptoms that may come.

Don't get depressed if you have symptoms.   Titration is a great aide in getting off the benzo's , by allowing you to go slowly, but this does not gurantee you will be symptom free.   It just reduces the severity of smyptoms in most cases.   

If you do have a 100 ml graduated cylinder , syringe,  and crucible, refere to the plan I mentioned in previous post.

Don't be afraid to ask for clarification if your confused.   This comes easy for some and is difficult for others to comprehend.

There are no bad questions, so have at it and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

st

will read this slowly and will do it i am 28 years old and i feel like am 70....

i want to be all like everyone i will im you if i have any problems

Can't blame you one bit for wanting to get off this junk in a hurry.  everyone does.  that , unfortunately , is not the best route to take .

The titration, or just plain going slow, is your best bet for success.  I vividly remember starting my 10 week titration of the junk,  about the same time TC started his first run.  fortunately for me 10% per week worked great.  Unfortunately for Tc this was a bit too quick, so he started over at a slower pace.  \

thats the point though , everyone has to find what works for them.  Just don't get too discouraged,  No race here and everyone who gets to the finish line wins.

st

Can't blame you one bit for wanting to get off this junk in a hurry.   everyone does.   that , unfortunately , is not the best route to take .

The titration, or just plain going slow, is your best bet for success.   I vividly remember starting my 10 week titration of the junk,  about the same time TC started his first run.  fortunately for me 10% per week worked great.  Unfortunately for Tc this was a bit too quick, so he started over at a slower pace.   \

thats the point though , everyone has to find what works for them.   Just don't get too discouraged,   No race here and everyone who gets to the finish line wins.

st

st TO Much Cog Fog For Me I Took It Too Long And Now I Got To Pay The Price But Will Do The Titration

mikey, no problem,  find your safe zone, and go with it.  This is not a walk in the park, getting off this junk , by any means.  Thats why you have friends here to help you push thru the bad times.    I remember all the support I got , going thru this , when I was as depressed as you can get.

Many of those same people are here when you need to vent, ask for help, or just need a friend to compare notes with.

you can do this.

st

mikey, no problem,  find your safe zone, and go with it.   This is not a walk in the park, getting off this junk , by any means.   Thats why you have friends here to help you push thru the bad times.    I remember all the support I got , going thru this , when I was as depressed as you can get.

Many of those same people are here when you need to vent, ask for help, or just need a friend to compare notes with.

you can do this.

st

First Day 100ml Correct... And Drink It Tomorrow Day 2 I Take out 2ml or 1ml Need A Help With A Schedule Or I Will Not Make It Please

Dry Cutting Is Killing My Stomach

Did The First Titration Today

Please Help Me Eljay Or Rev With a Schedule Or I Am Not Going To Make It  :'(

I Want To Get Off This Crap Slow With A Plan Because I Am Forgetting Things I am not the person like i was 2

years ago i should be dead now. BUT I AM GOING TO FIGHT THIS POISION BUT NEED LOTS OF HELP PLEASE

DRY CUTTING IS NOT FUN...

Hi Mikey, good for you for starting! Softail has given you great instructions.

Crush 2-.5 mg pills between 2 spoons untill you get a fine powder. (do this over a piece of tablet paper , incase some of the small chunks fly out of spoon while crushing)  Once you have a fine powder, add this to either one cup of whole milk or water and stir well.  

First night just drink the whole cup.    do this for a week.   starting week 2 mix up solution and discard 1 tablespoon of the solution,  drink the rest .  do this for a week.   At this rate continueing to discard a tablespoon  each week you would be off the junk in 16 weeks.  If you think you can go faster, or want to try to go faster, you could throw away 1.5 tablespoons each week, this would get you off the junk in 12  weeks.

ONLY YOU, can determine how much  to cut or how fast to go, based on your ability to handle any symptoms that may come.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Mikey,

You're doing great and I think you'd be better off on the titration schedule.

Big hugs to you... you're going to make it, you're half the way there. Just keep thinking of the light at the end of the tunnel.

We're here for you...

Go Mikey, GO!

ON DAY 4 SHOULD I TAKE OUT 2ML OR 3ML  THEN DRINK IT....

THE MORE I TAKE THIS POISION THE STUPIDER I AM GOING TO BE I NEED TO GET OFF THIS MED

I AM GETTING DEPRESSED RAGE MAD NEVER HAPPY I NEED TO KNOW BECAUSE I GOING THREW 7 YEARS OF HELL

Mikey,

I'm not sure what your schedule said... I would think on the 4th day you'd take out 4 ml if you were doing 1 percent per day... but you may want to PM Colin and ask him. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing.

It's true, this medication is hell, it sure is. Anger, rage, etc. are terrible w/d's and they are typical, I've had them too.

We're with you here, Mikey. Don't feel like you're alone in this. You're not. And when you're off of them finally, and you're feeling better... you will put this behind you and embrace life... I'm sure of it! Remember your Godchild.. you're doing this not only for YOU, but for HER!

Hi Mikey, good for you for starting! Softail has given you great instructions.

Crush 2-.5 mg pills between 2 spoons untill you get a fine powder. (do this over a piece of tablet paper , incase some of the small chunks fly out of spoon while crushing)  Once you have a fine powder, add this to either one cup of whole milk or water and stir well.  

First night just drink the whole cup.    do this for a week.   starting week 2 mix up solution and discard 1 tablespoon of the solution,  drink the rest .  do this for a week.   At this rate continueing to discard a tablespoon  each week you would be off the junk in 16 weeks.  If you think you can go faster, or want to try to go faster, you could throw away 1.5 tablespoons each week, this would get you off the junk in 12  weeks.

ONLY YOU, can determine how much  to cut or how fast to go, based on your ability to handle any symptoms that may come.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

i know i know he gave great instruction by my brain is too slow softtail is great ;D but

i am forgetting things this aint fun at all  :idiot: :'( :'( im 28  and forgetting things its sucks  :'( :'( :'(

if i would get a schedule that would be great

Mikey,

You have a LONG life ahead of you. I was where you were.. I was always looking for a fix when I was younger.  I even had 2 years of drinking pretty heavily too... but I did have a break and got married and had kids... now I want my life back again at 48.. you are 20 yrs younger than I am and you're smart enough to know that it's not good to be on this junk.

I say you're doing great... and everyone has spots of forgetfulness... it's the meds.. just keep telling yourself that you WILL BE FREE soon and your life is going to be SO MUCH SWEETER!!!

YOU CAN DO IT, MIKEY!

Mikey,

If you have already started your tiration..you may choose to remove 1ml a day....this would be a nice slow taper....of course, you could go slower if you wanted.....but if you wanted to keep it simple.....you could try 1ml a day and see how that works for you.....

Here is what I did to help remember where I was at in the titration process...I keep a notebook...I write down........the date ..starting ml...and then how many drops i removed total... and then in the far right hand column i write what my total dose is....that makes it easy for me......

Here is an example of what it would look like if I started today May 1st...

Date                        Starting ml                            Drops Removed Today    Total Dose

May 1                        100 ml                                      1ml                          99ml

May 2                          99ml                                      1ml                          98ml

May 3                          98ml                                      1ml                          97ml

May 4                          97ml                                      1ml                          96ml

Hopefully that helps a bit to see how I keep track of what I am doing..

The key Mikey is to find a pace that works for you.....and some of it is simply trial and error....you have to see how things are...to see if you can proceed...I have held a couple times on my dosage when symptoms were really bad....and then when I felt I was ready I moved forward..

As Eljay stated if you have any specific questions...please ask.....titration will help you ease off the medication...if you feel this titration would be too complicated....there are ways to do a simplified tiration.....and we could help you with that too...

TC

TC,

Just so Mikey doesn't get confused about this, I think Softail gave him instructions to mix up the same amount everyday, and remove 1ml more each day. The daily amount removed is cumulative.  

stir well and drink the 100 ml. of solution day 1 , day 2 do same thing , but throw out 1ml of the resulting solution and drink the rest.  day three throw out 2 ml. drink the rest .  Keep going each day  , always mixing the 1mg pill in 100ml.of water and milk, and throwing out an additional 1 ml. each day.  

So instead of the  sample schedule you wrote above, I think it would look more like this...

Date                        Starting ml                             amount Removed Today     Total Dose

May 1                          100ml                                       1ml                           99ml

May 2                          100ml                                       2ml                           98ml

May 3                          100ml                                       3ml                           97ml

May 4                          100ml                                       4ml                           96ml

etc

Mikey,

If you have already started your tiration..you may choose to remove 1ml a day....this would be a nice slow taper....of course, you could go slower if you wanted.....but if you wanted to keep it simple.....you could try 1ml a day and see how that works for you.....

Here is what I did to help remember where I was at in the titration process...I keep a notebook...I write down........the date ..starting ml...and then how many drops i removed total... and then in the far right hand column i write what my total dose is....that makes it easy for me......

Here is an example of what it would look like if I started today May 1st...

Date                        Starting ml                             Drops Removed Today     Total Dose

May 1                         100 ml                                      1ml                           99ml

May 2                           99ml                                       1ml                           98ml

May 3                           98ml                                       1ml                           97ml

May 4                           97ml                                       1ml                           96ml

Hopefully that helps a bit to see how I keep track of what I am doing..

The key Mikey is to find a pace that works for you.....and some of it is simply trial and error....you have to see how things are...to see if you can proceed...I have held a couple times on my dosage when symptoms were really bad....and then when I felt I was ready I moved forward..

As Eljay stated if you have any specific questions...please ask.....titration will help you ease off the medication...if you feel this titration would be too complicated....there are ways to do a simplified tiration.....and we could help you with that too...

TC

Thank you both this is hell the first day

Hey Mikey,

Eljay futher clarified the schedule.....making the schedule even more understandable...I hope I didn't confuse you....you want to make sure.....that every day you mix 100ml......and then remove you mls from that dose of 100.....

The way I wrote it down is the way I do keep in in my notebook...but I should not have assumed that you knew that you always start with 100ml...and remove from there..always remember that....you will start with 100ml no matter what... :)

Everyone has to find their own pace to go Mikey....but...usually the slower the better....you will find a good rate at which to reduce....a good starting point probably is the 1ml a day.....if you find that is too rough you could always reduce every other day.....which means you would drink the same amount two days in a row....then toss out 1ml....it is a lot of trial and error really.....you may find that rate just works perfect for you too.....the main thing is you will be reducing your rate..little by little and making smaller cuts so it shouldn't be as big of a shock to your body...

Keep asking questions..without the good people here at BB....I would never have found out how titration worked....so if I can help you or anyone else.....I will do my best to answer your questions...you may want to print out the copy of the sample schedule that Eljay gave you......and put it somewhere by your desk..that way you can always look back on it.....and maybe....even keep a notebook like I do.....and many others do....to keep track of your progress...I have found that my memory is not so good....so I have to write stuff down..darn cog fog... :)  It also helps me Mikey...to look back at the previous weeks and see I have really made some progress....even when it feels like I am going really slow...

TC

mikey, lets make sure all of us are on the same page.

you are referring to 100 ml. as your starting solution, so I need to ask if you are working with a 100ml. graduated cylinder.

The instructions I gave you were for a measuring cup , and tablespoon, so  if using the 100ml. grad cylinder,  you need to follow TC's instructions  with the small correction made by Eljay.

Day 1 crush 1 mg. of benzo into 100ml of solution,  remove 1m.  drink the rest

Day 2 Crush 1mg. of benzo into 100ml.  of solution , remove 2 ml. drink the rest

Day 3 crush 1mg. of benzo into 100ml of solution, remove 3 ml. drink the rest

Each day therafter continue to remove an additional ml. and you will be off the benzo in 100 days.

hope this helps

ST.

mikey, lets make sure all of us are on the same page.

you are referring to 100 ml. as your starting solution, so I need to ask if you are working with a 100ml. graduated cylinder.

The instructions I gave you were for a measuring cup , and tablespoon, so  if using the 100ml. grad cylinder,  you need to follow TC's instructions  with the small correction made by Eljay.

Day 1 crush 1 mg. of benzo into 100ml of solution,  remove 1m.  drink the rest

Day 2 Crush 1mg. of benzo into 100ml.  of solution , remove 2 ml. drink the rest

Day 3 crush 1mg. of benzo into 100ml of solution, remove 3 ml. drink the rest

Each day therafter continue to remove an additional ml. and you will be off the benzo in 100 days.

hope this helps

ST.

I Wrote this down on the paper now i got it thanks so much softtail

once i get to 50ml i should get the .5mg ready correct??

how about 25ml .25mg ?? just wanted to know if that is correct i am on 98ml and long way to go....

take care all mikey

Mikey,

Are you asking if you should use a different pill...as in a different dosage?  If that is the question, you will always use the original dosage that you started with..as far as the pill you crushed..what changes are the ml you are removing daily.....they will continue to go down, down, down..with each reduction... :)

TC

Mikey,

Are you asking if you should use a different pill...as in a different dosage?  If that is the question, you will always use the original dosage that you started with..as far as the pill you crushed..what changes are the ml you are removing daily.....they will continue to go down, down, down..with each reduction... :)

TC

asking about K

lets say i am down to 50ml what should do .5mg of K

25ml .25mg ??

• Popular Now