• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [...]

• [su...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been 2 weeks now since I have been off of xanax.  I had 2 or 3 days with windows of feeling almost normal.  But today it feels like a set back.  Is that to be expected?  How many of you are dealing with anxiety?  Also do you have a feeling of fullness in your head at times?

almost everyone on here says that healing is not linear. So yes, you'll have some good days and then get whacked again. Like today was a pretty good day for me, and I didn't have palps last night! But I'm prepared just in case it doesn't last. There's no timetable. One day at a time.

Like I said, nothing is linear! Had horrible flushing this afternoon and currently have pressure and tingling at the back of my head, and cold sensations under my skin of my hands and some of my left arm. UGH. Keep thinking something horrible is really the matter. I try to stay positive, but I really hate this.

Yes, it is not lineair, i have mild benzo flu again. But having a window is so great, that i want to remind myself we will heal.

Just really wtf. In my country doctors prescribe ativan  to pregnant women! I tried to warn them, but one lady told the other pregnant woman that she did not have any sx from it. And i'm trying to warn her to stay away! Especially when pregnant. I am so in shock about what doctors do here. It's criminal

Finally got a full night sleep! Feeling much better now that I started a taper. I never thought such a low dose would make much of a difference but I was wrong. .166mg of K a day is better than .5mg every three days.

I have been off of Xanax 2 1/2 weeks.  I had a window yesterday for a few hours that I felt normal.  Sleep was a little better last night.  I have anxiety and often throughout the day I will get butterflies in my stomach,  a physical feelling that would normally happen if someone scared you.  But it happens for no reason.  Does anyone else experience this?

Yes Meggiemay- I get this off and on throughout the day.  I get this less frequently now then the two months post taper. My heart beats fast and I get anxious, for no apparent reason.  It always seems like it's around mid afternoon time too.

Hi all! Starting month 5 and things are getting better right now. I'm still getting waves but they seem to be less severe. I was wondering about tinnitus. Even on days when I feel decent it is always there, a piercing ringing. Lately it has been changing frequencies. It's very scary when it happens like maybe I'm having a stroke or something. Does anyone else get this and does the frequency change mean I'm healing? (hopefully!) Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Anyone taking antidepressants SSRI/SNRI while tapering K?

Currently around 0.125mg K.

Sometimes felt my body is tired from the benzo or is it the antidep?

While my body seems tired, my mind felt a little hyper and want to go for swim laps. Clonazepam Withdrawal symptoms or the antidepressant.?

Eilidon, i'm kind of in the same situation. It can be hard to tell if it's the SSRI or coming off of the K that's causing symptoms. In some ways they contradict themselves. I have more mental energy from the SSRI, but the sedative effect of the benzo makes me just want to lie in bed.

I figure having more energy is  positive after a period of super low motivation so I'm welcoming the change.  I guess the only way to know for sure is to steadily get the K out of your system. It  looks like you're doing that really well!

Hi everyone,

Anyone taking antidepressants SSRI/SNRI while tapering K?

Currently around 0.125mg K.

Sometimes felt my body is tired from the benzo or is it the antidep?

While my body seems tired, my mind felt a little hyper and want to go for swim laps. Clonazepam Withdrawal symptoms or the antidepressant.?

Yes i am taking trazodone, trying to taper the trazodone actually. Went to 16,33 mgs yesterday (smallest dose i could cut) didn't sleep much. Feel really sick :( pff

3 weeks benzo free and benzo flu is striking - ahhh...a reminder that this will take a while. Drinking herbal tea with honey to combat nausea. I really hope this passes so I can enjoy Easter barbeque. On the upside - I have been sleeping more - up to six hours a night - that's progress!!

Happy Easter everyone :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Anxious4now, that is great you are sleeping better!  I sleep poorly, I dream a lot and wake up often, did that happen to you, before you started sleeping better?  Happy Easter!

Still holding at 0.125mg K...

Dunno if the feet muscle pain is from the tapering or side effect of the anridepressant. Pain like this want me to quit both the pristiq antidepressant the same time as the clonazepam.

Been on antidepressant for almost 3 months. Wanna quit but headstrong pdoc says i need to stay 3more months. I cant stand this any longer! Some internet literature says bipolar2 cant stay on antidepressant for long. Dont know what to believe  anymore.

Taking B complex vitamin and myonal mucle relaxant too.....little help.

What a predicament....

eiledon,

Yeah, it stinks trying to figure out if symptoms are from the new AD or from reducing the benzo. But at 3 months I would assume the AD would be working fully, if it's going to work at all. Probably best to listen to your doctor.

I'm holding at .125 too.

Still holding at 0.125mg K...

Dunno if the feet muscle pain is from the tapering or side effect of the anridepressant. Pain like this want me to quit both the pristiq antidepressant the same time as the clonazepam.

Been on antidepressant for almost 3 months. Wanna quit but headstrong pdoc says i need to stay 3more months. I cant stand this any longer! Some internet literature says bipolar2 cant stay on antidepressant for long. Dont know what to believe  anymore.

Taking B complex vitamin and myonal mucle relaxant too.....little help.

What a predicament....

Eiledon,

I am in the same situation with you.  I am taking K 1.7 mg and Wellbutrin 100 mg a day.  Both are very bad for me.  And I often urged to quit CT.  But I am trying to taper K first and then AD.  It's taking much longer time to taper K which frustrates me.  I am worried about building more dependency.

We need patience and endurance, that's what I am told. 

Hang in there and let me know how you are doing. 

Anxious4now, that is great you are sleeping better!  I sleep poorly, I dream a lot and wake up often, did that happen to you, before you started sleeping better?  Happy Easter!

Yes- I've had really vivid dreams and then woke up nauseous and panicky - people on this forum also called it toxic nap. I still get nausea quite a bit but I am sleeping better so I'm counting my blessings

As I'm headed towards 1 month benzo free!!!