Back to the drawing board: SG and others plz help!

[sp...]

Hi SG and Benzo-off and Builder and anyone else who has replied to this thread. Last night was the 4th night of less than 4 hours of sleep with huge arenaline urge wake-ups after the 8th night of switching to .5 mg of my dose in milk with NO reductions. I do not think I can give up this much sleep...and stay at my job. If I keep holding will my sleep come back or should I consider this a wash, as I was at 6.5 dry for two weeks and sleeping 6, if broken, hours.

Please advise. Thank you for all of your help!

SC

As far as I know disrupted sleep is a symptom just like other symptoms and should return.  There is no difference between liquid and pill once you adjust.  Disrupted sleep is very common and many people use some form of sleep aid to combat it.  Do you take anything for sleep?

Thanks, SG! I guess I am so afraid of being addicted to something else since it was OCD induced insomnia that got me into this whole mess that I don't know what to do. My pdoc gave me gabapentin (which I have not taken yet) and remeron (which I have taken twice in the seven months I have been tapering. Mostly I have limped by with l-theanine and tryptophan. The l-theanine went south and made me weepy after a month, and the tryptophan just isn't doing much anymore. Benedryl makes me wired. Do you know of anything else?

Thank you as always for your selfless help!

SC

I was pretty immune to help from these as they would work for a night and wear off right away, but I thought the OTC doxylamine was the best for me.  I also used hydroxyzine and trazadone.  Tried benadryl, but it amped me so stopped that one.  I'd recommend giving doxy a try as you don't need a script and it seemed just as effective.