Complete healing from a Klonopin cold turkey!

[Pa...]

I literally (and I mean literally, thanks brain) have no words to express how happy I am for you. 
And I will never forget how you (@[Pa...])helped me when I arrived in a desperate state and you helped me. I know it sounds a common expression, but I truly mean NEVER! I am tearing up writing this (wet eyes I am not breaking)

I am refraining myself from writing on here because you kindly gave me the informations I needed and I am trying to stabilize with what I have learned instead of writing something frantic every 12 hours. But I’m confused (no surprise) from this… if someone could help me with it (and sorry my English, like my native language is suffering a lot in these months)

User was cting from a benzo and suffering. Some time down the line she/he took ambien. Then she ct from ambien too and was healed on the spot? More or less of course. 

like if (and I am not saying this is correct just like if) reinstating a short term benzo and taking it away healed this kind person?

I am asking because I am in a similar but technically worse (because of dose, duration and tipe of medicine, there is not other comparison implied here) situation and I think, I might be absolutely wrong, that I have already heard something familiar 

Sorry if it is strange to ask. I am navigating this (even the site) the best I can right now 

edit a word 

Edited by [Id...]

Hello @[Id...], I would be happy to work with you, but would prefer to discuss it on your thread on the taper forum.  If you’ll click on this link it will take you to your thread and we can talk there, okay?  

I hadn’t read your success story until now Pamster. Your experience sounds horrific. Thanks for staying around and helping the rest of us through this experience. It’s heartwarming to have you give a kind word when needed 😊

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I re-read your success story quite often @[Pa...] and it is one of the ones that gives me much hope and perspective.
May I ask how you noticed you were getting better? Did you get windows or was it rather a slow, incremental change that accumulated enough to be noticeable?
I know significant amount of time has passed since, and I also understand it is not a memory people like to remember to.
If you have the time, could you please explain how tables turned for you? How did you manage to "see your own recovery" ? 

Thank you in advance! 🙂

6 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I re-read your success story quite often @[Pa...] and it is one of the ones that gives me much hope and perspective.
May I ask how you noticed you were getting better? Did you get windows or was it rather a slow, incremental change that accumulated enough to be noticeable?
I know significant amount of time has passed since, and I also understand it is not a memory people like to remember to.
If you have the time, could you please explain how tables turned for you? How did you manage to "see your own recovery" ? 

Thank you in advance! 🙂

I didn’t notice I was getting better, my mind wouldn’t let me recognize I was, I was stuck like most of us, thinking I wasn’t improving.  But I must have been because I was able to do more, to accomplish more and to function.

I didn’t have windows, well, I had one but it only lasted a few seconds, I’ve noticed a few of us cold turkey survivors mention this. 

In my story I mention my experience with Ambien, it messed me up.  It kept me sick with inner trembling, anxiety, nausea and of course insomnia.  When I stopped it cold turkey, 14 months after my Klonopin cold turkey, I was recovered within days. So my recovery was kind of dramatic, almost overnight I was better.  This is why I I can’t really say I saw a gradual improvement because I was making myself sick with the Ambien and when I finally stopped it, I was recovered.

• Like 2

Yes, the window while climbing the stairs as I remember. It often crosses my mind when I am doing my walks and feeling better afterwards. So I do even more walks... :)

I never connected the dots with the ending of the Ambien story and then the complete recovery; I always thought somehow there was a time gap there. 

Thank you so much @[Pa...]! :)

RR

• Like 1

• 1 month later...