• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Da...]

• [th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused.  You have .5mg pills but shave them down to .25mg?  If so, I'd suggest putting the whole .5mg pill into 50ml milk then split the milk in half for a two day supply of .25mg.

Here's an example for a .5mg pill in 50ml, then split in half.  Each ml is .01mg K.  My suggestion is to begin by removing .0015mg per day, which is .15ml.  Do this for at least two weeks to get your bearings.  Then, if all is well, you can consider something a little bigger.

No the doctor prescribed me 1mg pills. He told me to take half a pill each day. So I cut them in half as he said. In the process of tapering off I went ahead and cut them down into quarters. So all I have now is pills cut into .25mg. I didnt anticipate tapering to take this long. I figured I would be done by now. But here I am trying to do this slow and the right way. Hopefully that clears things up. I appreciate all your help.

No problem, glad to help.

It's all the same anyway.  That's a thing that's great about liquids.  You can put a 1mg pill into 100ml and split it four ways for a four-day supply, or a .25mg pill into 25ml for a one-day supply.  I'd recommend using whole 1mg pills as this is more accurate and easier to split.

Here is my plan:

.125mg in 30 mL hold for a week.

then drop by 1 mL every day holding at times when I feel bad.

My goal is to be off of this by mid May. If it takes longer, then it does.

How are you going to get a .125mg pill?

.125mg into 30ml makes a .0042mg/ml liquid so 1ml a day is .0042mg a day.  That a bit quick, especially to start.  I'd be more inclined to begin at about .0015mg, which is .36ml per day.

• 3 weeks later...

I got back from my cruise last Sunday, March 15.  The cruise went ok.  It was my first cruise and I didn't know what to expect.  I know I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked to because I was preoccupied with my withdrawal but I did enjoy the sights and shows.  We were constantly doing something so I didn't get as much time to relax as I would have liked.  Since it was Spring Break there were lots of families with children on board.

I think I started to let it bother me that I was surrounded by all of these families and although I was with my own family: mother, stepfather and sister, I felt very alone since I have no wife, children or girlfriend of my own.  I guess I felt like an outsider. 

After the cruise I noticed I was extremely tired for the first couple of days.  That fatigue turned into a deep depression by Wednesday and so I'm holding on my benzo taper until I feel better.  Perhaps I need to see a counselor to work through these issues. 

Today is Saturday and I'm still feeling down.  I know that it's probably part of the prolonged withdrawal from Prozac. I'm keeping myself busy today doing things around the house.  Saturdays are not usually very good for me anyway since I don't have a set schedule.  I seemed to be doing pretty good before the cruise but now I feel like I'm in a bad place again.  At least I'm not dealing with severe anxiety, but depression can be just as bad because it saps me of my energy and just leaves me feeling crushed.  Has anyone else had similar experiences after going on vacation while going through withdrawal?  Maybe I should get out and do some walking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello SG57.  I need your advise.  Anyone else's advice is welcome as well.

I've been experiencing bad anxiety and depression since returning back from my cruise on March 15th.  I've been holding on my taper for three weeks at .90mg of K per day (divided into two doses).  My symptoms are only getting worse and not better.  I am also going through protracted SSRI withdrawal and am 15 months since taking my last Prozac dose.  I started a slow taper of .0015mg daily (from .94mg/day) on February 12th and continued tapering until March 7th.  I am now starting to believe that my body is not ready to start tapering yet due to my protracted SSRI withdrawal. 

After three weeks of no improvements in w/d sxs I have decided to updose.  I'm hoping I haven't waited too long for the updose to help.  This morning I went back up to .92mg K (added .02mg back to my daily dose).  How long should I give this dosage a chance to work before updosing more?  Should I go back up to my original .94 mg/day now?  That's the dosage I was at when I switched to a liquid taper solution and seemed to be pretty stable before I started tapering.

I was in a hurry to taper off of benzos but after the last couple of experiences with trying to taper I'm ready to hold as long as I need to.  My CNS is still too sensitive from my SSRI withdrawal and I don't don't to fall off the cliff although I feel like I'm getting pretty close to the edge.

Regards.

Dave

You say you are in "protracted" SSRI withdrawal.  Does that mean you still feel the effects?  I think it is a good idea to stop tapering if things are not going well.  Give it time to get things to settle down.  I don't really know if updosing is the thing to do or if it will help.  I imagine it may, but just holding is often enough.  I tend to see updosing as something that is done for emergencies, but that's just my own view.

I believe that I am in protracted SSRI withdrawal.  I was on Prozac/Celexa for 17 years and tapered over a three month period.  That might be compared to being on a benzo for the same amount of time and then tapering over a three month period.  I don't know how else to explain this latest bout of depression and anxiety I've been dealing with.  I did drink alcohol for 4 or 5 of those 7 days.  Do you think this could have triggered my current sxs?

When I was tapering the K I was going at very slow pace; 1% every 7 days so it seems to me that my body just isn't ready to start a taper.  I have no way of knowing what exactly is causing my symptoms now.  My case is complicated because I added the benzo addiction on top of my SSRI withdrawal.

I appreciate your input, SG57.  You said you don't normally recommend updosing unless it is an emergency but I do feel I am at that point.  I'm at three weeks with these symptoms and they are only getting worse.  Last night was a very bad night for me and the level of my anxiety at work has been getting worse.  I did updose by 2% of my original dose 1mg K per day and I seem to be a little less anxious.  Of course, it could also be the placebo effect.  I am going to see how I feel at this new dose.  Like I said, I don't want to fall off the edge of the cliff.

Dave

Well, adding alcohol into the mix is not a good thing.  It can have a bad effect.

But you say you've been holding for three weeks since then and are getting worse?

[d5...]

I believe that I am in protracted SSRI withdrawal.  I was on Prozac/Celexa for 17 years and tapered over a three month period.  That might be compared to being on a benzo for the same amount of time and then tapering over a three month period.  I don't know how else to explain this latest bout of depression and anxiety I've been dealing with.  I did drink alcohol for 4 or 5 of those 7 days.  Do you think this could have triggered my current sxs?

When I was tapering the K I was going at very slow pace; 1% every 7 days so it seems to me that my body just isn't ready to start a taper.  I have no way of knowing what exactly is causing my symptoms now.  My case is complicated because I added the benzo addiction on top of my SSRI withdrawal.

I appreciate your input, SG57.  You said you don't normally recommend updosing unless it is an emergency but I do feel I am at that point.  I'm at three weeks with these symptoms and they are only getting worse.  Last night was a very bad night for me and the level of my anxiety at work has been getting worse.  I did updose by 2% of my original dose 1mg K per day and I seem to be a little less anxious.  Of course, it could also be the placebo effect.  I am going to see how I feel at this new dose.  Like I said, I don't want to fall off the edge of the cliff.

Dave

Personally, I would go back to the dose you felt best at and hold tapering the K until you feel more stability from your A/D taper. Don't rush it, give yourself, your body and brain a respite. I'd give the same advice had you tapered the benzo first and were attempting the A/D.

SG57:  Yes, I've been holding for three weeks and yesterday was probably the worst day I've had at work--anxiety building and then receding all day long.  Last night I had a very strange "twilight" experience. I was drifting off to sleep and then panic gripped me and I felt like I was dead, completely cut off from the land of the living.  I know that this was part of the dream state but I've not experienced this thus far and it was very unnerving.  After a while I was able to fall asleep and then had a very comfortable dream.  That's how it's been; anxiety building then receding, back and forth.

Benzo-off:  Thanks for the advice.  I just may take it.  To heck if it takes me longer to taper off this benzo.  My sanity and wellness of mind is more important to me than losing a few months of tapering.  It's terrible dealing with fear day to day and I can feel it trying to build.  Is that what they call kindling?

A little feedback. After you guys helped me taper. I am a month off completely! Thank all of you. The first two weeks off sucked but it had been better from there.  Hang in there guys and god bless!

• 3 months later...

It's been three months since I last posted and I just wanted to give an update on my condition.  This thread is no longer relevant to my current condition but I thought I'd use it since some of you may remember me through this thread.

As I stated in my old posts, I was trying to taper off of 1mg of Klonopin a day but was having a very difficult time with withdrawal symptoms.  I believe I hit tolerance because I was having symptoms of withdrawal even when I wasn't tapering.  I couldn't face the idea of doing a debilitating taper for months since I do have to work to pay my bills so in desperation I checked myself into a rehab clinic.  They detoxed me off Klonopin, C/T.  It has been the worst experience of my life. The first few weeks were a nightmare that I won't go into right now but I am doing better.  I spent five weeks at the clinic and have been back working for the past three weeks.  I am on day 61 since C/T and now most of my physical symptoms are gone.  My sleep is getting better.  My anxiety has diminished and I am now dealing with crushing depression.  It's the worst depression I've ever experienced.  I am also still dealing with some noise sensitivity.  It seems to get worse when my depressions kicks in so I guess it's all just a part of the recovery process.  Now, it's just a matter of time to wait until my withdrawal symptoms finally subside.  I don't feel like I'm anywhere near being close to healed.  I'm hopeful that I'll feel fast since my physical symptoms have largely subsided.  That's it.  At least I don't have to worry anymore about getting off the poison.  I wish I could have done a taper because detoxing is one hell of an experience.  I is quite traumatic.  I admire all the people here who can endure the agony of a long taper.  So, I guess I won't be needing a titration schedule anymore.  Good luck to all you who are on this journey.