Dr. Jennifer Leigh

[da...]

• 2 weeks later...

I ate a protein bar that contained soy/soya a couple of months back.. I thought I had been poisoned. Imagine the worst case of seafood poisoning you can think of then times it by ten.

I was violently sick all night and through out the day, extreme diahoria. Very scary! 24 hours of total hell.

^ weird bringiton. My mom made a tofu dish a few months back and it made me very sick, as well. I used to tolerate soy products fine.

I'm sure someone put up why soy has such a bad effect on people in withdrawal somewhere. I'd like to know actually? All I do know is stay well and I mean well away from soy.

Makes me shudder just thinking about my little 24 hour sickness/runs episode. I really did think that it was somehow the end of withdrawal and this how it ends, I thought it was the start of the end sort of thing. Nope! It was just good old fashioned soy poisoning whilst in benzo withdrawal.  :laugh:

Hi bring it on,

The reason it bothers some of us is probably because it is very high in Glutamate.  Sensitive people don't need to eat MSG or Monosodium glutamate to have a bad reaction.  Just foods high in Glutamate alone can be enough.  You could do a search here or on Google to see what other foods might be a problem for you. 

I, too, don't tolerate any soy, or MSG, at all now either.  I used to better earlier in the taper and post recover time.  But not now!  Yet, I seem to be able to have most other foods that are somewhat high in it.  You would have to try different ones and see if you can tell any difference.

Hope this helps.

Lily