Please help PLEASE!!!

[lo...]

Hi lolwut77,

I'm not telling you what to do but I'm going to tell you my personal experience. You are at a point where you are going to have to make up your mind to go one way or the other.

I had the same experience you are having, there came a point where they just made me sick as a dog. The dr said it shouldn't be having that affect on me but it was. I felt, and still do, that they became poison to my system. The more you take the worse it gets. You have to get them out of your system to get better, how you do that is up to you. Once I stopped taking them I started to feel better in some ways but of course I still had to deal with wd but you are going to deal with something either way.

tropicalsoul

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [Ka...]

• [th...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I took some zofran and it kills the nausea I think.. I think i'm withdrawing from the xanax though. Everything is getting out of touch.. heart is racing.. just went and bought some activia yogurt because they said it was good for the gastritis.

Please be aware i'm also tapering baclofen too.

Holy shit i'm freaking out now. It says your not supposed to take geodon and zofran together. What THE HELL. WHY WOULD THEY PUT ME ON THIS?!

I'd call a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for advice if you can't get an immediate answer from your prescribing doctor.  Pharmacists usually know more about combining/not combining medications.

He just told me they had it changed to phenagin because of the drug interaction with geodon. I'm freaking out now.

I'm not a pharmacist and you should check with your doctor but I believe there is an interaction warning only because both drugs can affect the same serotonin receptors. If you take too high dose of such a drug or different drugs combined to equal a very high dose you can get serotonin syndrome. However, this does not mean that you can never take two drugs together that have serotonin receptor effects, only that the doctor needs to be aware so that your dose is under a dangerous level.

As long as you take the Zofran and Geodon only at the doses prescribed and the doctors and pharmacists all know you are taking both of them, it should be fine, is my understanding. Please check though.

I took some zofran and it kills the nausea I think.. I think i'm withdrawing from the xanax though. Everything is getting out of touch.. heart is racing.. just went and bought some activia yogurt because they said it was good for the gastritis.

I just looked up baclofen in wikipedia and found this:

Discontinuation of baclofen can be associated with a withdrawal syndrome which resembles benzodiazepine withdrawal and alcohol withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms are more likely if baclofen is used for long periods of time (more than a couple of months) and can occur from low or high doses. The severity of baclofen withdrawal depends on the rate at which baclofen is discontinued. Thus to minimise baclofen withdrawal symptoms the dose should be tapered down slowly when discontinuing baclofen therapy. Abrupt withdrawal is more likely to result in severe withdrawal symptoms. Acute withdrawal symptoms can be stopped by recommencing baclofen.[14]

Withdrawal symptoms may include auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, tactile hallucinations, delusions, confusion, agitation, delirium, disorientation, fluctuation of consciousness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, feeling faint, inattention, memory impairments, perceptual disturbances, pruritus/itching, anxiety, depersonalization, hypertonia, hyperthermia, formal thought disorder, psychosis, mania, mood disturbances, restlessness, and behavioral disturbances, tachycardia, seizures, tremors, autonomic dysfunction, hyperpyrexia, extreme muscle rigidity resembling neuroleptic malignant syndrome and rebound spasticity.[14][15]

Maybe taking the xanax is not helping because you are in Baclofen withdrawal also?

I'm aware of the baclofen taper.. I asked a question about it in the other drugs section.

Just got out of the ER again. I can't stop throwing up. I'm throwing up yellow nasty tasting mucus. I got to go monday and have a tube stuck down my throat into my stomach. Hopefully I can make it that long..

The xanax really does seem to make things worse after I take it. WHAT IN THE HECK SHOULD I DO? I feel bad on it and feel bad without it.

Sorry you're in such a bad way buddie. But if Xanax makes you feel badly when you take it, and makes you feel badly when you don't take, then it's a no win situation. I would just tough it out and continue your taper until you are off of this nasty benzo. Yes, you will suffer, but once you're done you won't have to take it only to make you feel rotten. Then, you'll heal. Keep the faith! Betsy

I just looked up baclofen in wikipedia and found this:

Discontinuation of baclofen can be associated with a withdrawal syndrome which resembles benzodiazepine withdrawal and alcohol withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms are more likely if baclofen is used for long periods of time (more than a couple of months) and can occur from low or high doses. The severity of baclofen withdrawal depends on the rate at which baclofen is discontinued. Thus to minimise baclofen withdrawal symptoms the dose should be tapered down slowly when discontinuing baclofen therapy. Abrupt withdrawal is more likely to result in severe withdrawal symptoms. Acute withdrawal symptoms can be stopped by recommencing baclofen.[14]

Withdrawal symptoms may include auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, tactile hallucinations, delusions, confusion, agitation, delirium, disorientation, fluctuation of consciousness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, feeling faint, inattention, memory impairments, perceptual disturbances, pruritus/itching, anxiety, depersonalization, hypertonia, hyperthermia, formal thought disorder, psychosis, mania, mood disturbances, restlessness, and behavioral disturbances, tachycardia, seizures, tremors, autonomic dysfunction, hyperpyrexia, extreme muscle rigidity resembling neuroleptic malignant syndrome and rebound spasticity.[14][15]

Maybe taking the xanax is not helping because you are in Baclofen withdrawal also?

Good point!  I've also read that you need to taper slowly from Baclofen (preferably not at the same time as tapering from anything else, like a benzo).

I'm on 10mg Baclofen/day, and plan to taper slowly after my benzo taper.

(Sorry lolwut, I just realized you responded to that post about Baclofen.)

I'm aware of the baclofen taper.. I asked a question about it in the other drugs section.

Just got out of the ER again. I can't stop throwing up. I'm throwing up yellow nasty tasting mucus. I got to go monday and have a tube stuck down my throat into my stomach. Hopefully I can make it that long..

What did they say when you went for this ER visit?

Monday seems like a long ways off, for as sick as you are.

What did they say when you went for this ER visit?

Monday seems like a long ways off, for as sick as you are.

That I needed to see my gastro doctor. I seen him right after I left the hospital. They gave me phenagian, protonix, and ativan in a shot. I really need to take my geodon and other meds so I can go to sleep but was told by the phamarcist not to take the geodon until 11 tonight to be on the safe side.

I'm looking this up, and baclofen can be used to treat GERD.

That I needed to see my gastro doctor. I seen him right after I left the hospital. They gave me phenagian, protonix, and ativan in a shot. I really need to take my geodon and other meds so I can go to sleep but was told by the phamarcist not to take the geodon until 11 tonight to be on the safe side.

I'm looking this up, and baclofen can be used to treat GERD.

I'm glad you are getting a GI evaluation.  :)

Which brings me to my next question.. can I take protonix with xanax? Just wondering. I heard they affect each other.

If the doctors had the information that you are on xanax then I wouldn't worry about interactions. It's good to be alert but usually a lot of drugs can interact but it is all dose dependent and the doctors calculate that when they prescribe. Yes I know they can mess up and all but if you feel the doctors had the information about what all you're taking then it's probably okay to trust that they prescribed appropriately.

But i'm not getting a legal prescription of xanax though. I did tell the doctors at the ER I was taking it trying to wean off.. so yea.

So do the drs know all your meds u r taking or no??? I think they need to know about all of them, yes the xanax too. They can't help u correctly otherwise and might mess up in tx you  :-\

They knew everything. And they almost did mess me up by giving me zofran to take with my geodon, which I did TWICE!!!

I took .5mg about an hour ago. I feel great now.. Still anxious a little and nauseated but it's not that bad.

Holy shit i'm freaking out now. It says your not supposed to take geodon and zofran together. What THE HELL. WHY WOULD THEY PUT ME ON THIS?!

That's why you have to ask your pharmacist whether it's OK to take two specific drugs at once. Before you take those meds. I do this every single time I am there. You can also do this by phone. Pharmacists know more about this then doctors do. That's all they do, all day long. They are experts. Unlike some doctors. Betsy

That .25 mgs a day really messed me up. I can't even eat anymore. It gets hard to breathe and then I start gag burping. I cannot eat anything anymore. I just took 2 bites of toast and immediately those symptoms starting flaring up. I'm starving but can't eat but I can drink water. I'm on protonix and that's barely helping. Now I don't know what to do. So I started taking .5mg twice a day now. I was doing fine on that damn dosage for so long.

When did you take .25 and of what? Make sure you are stating what u r taking after since you are on multiple meds. It will help us to know what it is you are doing exactly. And try and update your signature the best u can, this will help too.  :) I am sorry you are feeling so bad, have you called the pharm? Ask them about the meds u r on, how you are taking them and see if they have some good suggestions. Keep battling buddy!! I m sorry u r suffering :tickedoff:

I was taking as suggested on here .25mg of xanax every 6 hours. That was making me so much worse. Now I don't know what to do. I'm back at .5mg every 6 hours.

I'm feeling worse and worse each day. I did that for 6 days and I couldn't take it anymore.

I do not know how much more of this I can take.

Well, I don't have anymore advice. I think a professional is needed. But I do know what it feels like to "not be able to do this anymore"... One more day of feeling like this seems impossible and then...that day comes and goes and you were able to make it through. I think that is important to remember when times are really tough. At least for me it is. Hope you find some relief!