Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Getting off Effexor................................I am struggling!!

[Le...]

Hi Buddies!!

Since March09 I am getting off Effexor 75, mg. I am allready down to a half pill of the 37,5!

I try to tapper slowely but I can not split the pills in a good and controlled dose. Even not with a pill crusher!

I ne the last month I felt that my w/ds from the Benzos has gotten worst for a few days after tappering. Now , since two weeks, I tappered again and feel bad. The panik-attacs started, the dr and dp are mutch more intense as well, allthough the electric noise in my brain. In the morning I do have brain fog and in the evening the headache is starting. It is not a constant pain.it is like flashes going through my head!!

I am verry thick and tired off this chemical stuff in ma body and brain and all this creazy reactions I do have!!

I want to get off this bloody Effexor as soon as I can!!

Is there a way for watertitration with effexor as wel??. Or do you think I could jump off this drug (more or less 15 mg/daily) and suffer for a time and than it is over???

Anny experiences..anny advise would be verry apriciated!!

Greets to all

Leon

Hi Leon,

When I did a forum search, there were a couple posts expressing their difficulty getting off Effexor. Do you have the capsules? I have read some opened the capsules and removed 10 grains every two weeks.  :o  I just googled "effexor weaning off" and found many sites. I don't see why you couldn't titrate them, pill or capsules??

T2 :smitten:

Hoi Theresa

Thanks a lot for your responding. I do have the pills! To crush them is a problem because they brake how they want to! Here in switzerland it is a orange pill, not the same like in USA!!

I will go to look for some experiences others made and at least I think the watertitration would be a good idea!!

Have a good day!

Love

Leon