Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[9c...]

So trembly at this moment, going to take the 2.5 mg valium.....will be in touch. Me too, Challis, sensitive to meds..  rose

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

So trembly at this moment, going to take the 2.5 mg valium.....will be in touch. Me too, Challis, sensitive to meds..  rose

:thumbsup:  I'm staying logged in for awhile for ya, Rose… then I'm off to put the last coat of Varathane on the hall floor. 

ok Challis, I took 2.5 of valium. Going to walk my collie, just a few blocks. Will be back soon. Glad you're hanging around today...

[9c...]

I'm on pretty much through out the day too Rose.

Glad you made the choice. I am sure you will be fine.

It won't put you out, don't worry..

You did good. :smitten:

I'm late in joining the cheering section but HERE I am... Good for you. I had the same fears and I am SOOOO sensitive to meds so worried about everything. Its been fine, as well as can be expected. Lets just say its not worse then before the c/o

so just keep on plugging along and before you know it it will be time to TAPER    :P

[9c...]

People, I was so stupid yesterday!

I had been cutting my doses to my new taper plan, and cut the day before.

Then last night, out of habit, I took the pill jar and swallowed my whole dose, not the cut dose.

So, I'm back to zero.

I can't believe it!

Kind of bummed, but it's done.

It's a one-off, Mom… you can most likely go back to yesterday's dose when you dose tomorrow… shouldn't be any problems. 

[9c...]

Yes, I will just be going back to the cut dose today.

It's just mind blowing to me that I've been anticipating the cutting for so long and then I FORGET.

Seriously????:idiot:

Just a little loosey goosey.... since my  initial 2.5 mg v. at 11:30am. Too soon I know, but after Im all v,(few weeks from now), would be ok to cut .5 of the 10mg dose. And do this every 2 weeks. then cut maybe .25....inquiring minds want to know..... 8) for now, Rose

Someone's feeling a little better.  :yippee: 

Let's cross that bridge in two weeks… 

So.  Tell me about your garden, Rose.  How many rosebushes do you have?  I have only three left these days… a climbing Don Juan, a climbing yellow one whose name escapes me, and another little pinkish one whose name also escapes me.  I used to have 70+ bushes but a cane disease got them.  Now I have Bloomerangs, which are reblooming lilacs.

[9c...]

Rose, just because the Valium needs time to build up, doesn't not mean it won't make you feel anything now.

It will have some effect already..it starts to work.

I know it's hard to wait,mbut please give yourself some time.

I will need to do an errand now and check in later. Will look again at your dose time and amounts and let you know what I think?

[23...]
Hello, all. Im cheering everyone on too! But this is the hour of my discontent. I don't feel very good right around now, maybe it starts at 4, just dragging tired,trance like. I feel my best in the morning.

[23...]
I just don't know how in the world people can taper if they have small children to care for. Im having trouble just keeping up with the house, garden, pets, and hubby. Im just letting my self kinda sit and stare right now, feel overwhelmed :'(

[23...]
I look around, and my house has never been as disorganized and messy as it is this very moment...it's gonna be this way for awhile. I'll have to pull it together in May when son comes home from college.

[9c...]

I look around, and my house has never been as disorganized and messy as it is this very moment...it's gonna be this way for awhile. I'll have to pull it together in May when son comes home from college.

Hey you,

I hear ya. I felt worse during the morning and then also between 4-6 ish.

When you stabilize a bit more, you will,notice you get some more energy.

Yep, it's not easy with the kids.

A couple of days ago, my husband came to pick up my son for soccer and I didn't realize he was driving half the team too, so within half a minute, I had 7 boys hanging around and I thought I was going to loose my mind!

I know I should go to bed earlier, but that time, when everyone is asleep, I feel decent and it's quiet...I don't want to waste that great hour in my bed. I want to enjoy that for a,little bit by myself...

About 3 weeks after my cross over, I started cleaning my house. Believe me, it was not unnesserary..

But I did it bit by bit.

Some parts of the kitchen each day untill it was done.

Then, organizing my built up paperwork in binders.

Then a day or two of no energy and nothing...just wandering through the house.

Then, starting to do some other things, organize my closet but all very small things.

And it made me feel a bit more normal.

It will come again. Don't try to keep up with anything.

Don't worry about the weeds in the yard...they will still be there tomorrow..no rush :laugh:

This is YOU time. Be kind to yourself and take it easy. It will all be okay.

It's not a happy drug. But it will all fall into place soon enough.

Hope you get some relief soon. :smitten:

I just don't know how in the world people can taper if they have small children to care for. Im having trouble just keeping up with the house, garden, pets, and hubby. Im just letting my self kinda sit and stare right now, feel overwhelmed :'(

Only do what you have to do… truly.  All the rest will take care of itself for awhile.  I'm working on two years of house catch-up stuff.

Kinda wondering this morning about the valium.  I feel relaxed on it in the afternoon  2.5mgs at about 11;30 am past two days....Makes me tired . Couldn't do much yesterday afternoon. Did not drive, lightheaded too. I wonder if  when I take the 5mgs. in the am , will it knock me out! I am still taking .75 ativan in the eve.  Im worrying rose.....

[9c...]

It will be like that for a while rose.

You probably don't want to drive much when you're on a cross over and on total Valium for a bit.

Please don't let the sedation scare you. It freaked me out at first too. But it is all part of it.

You should be feeling like this. It means the Valium is doing its work. Believe me, this is what you want. Without it, the WD xs would be bad.

It is temporary and goes away fairly quickly once you're used to it. Then the sedation will wear off.

I was kind of like a numb zombie, tired. But after some weeks, It does not sedate any longer and I take my whole dose....nothing. It is temporary. Hang in there.

[23...]
Rose, I totally agree with Mom. I have a little bit of tiredness now around 4pm-6pm. I take my one dose all at night. At first, I was zonked and a little afraid of it. But it does cover the withdrawals from ur other benzo that u need to taper off. So just stick with it, if at all possible. Now, don't go doing too much that requires a lot of coordination, until ur used to this valium :o

Ok ingrid, mom, I was suppose to pick up my mother today from the nsg. facility, I would have to do it soon cause it's an hour drive one way. Another reason to dislike this process and meds, it curtails our activities and fun.  Thanks buddies :smitten::( 

Hi Rose, Just wanted to say that tomorrow will be 2 weeks on full Valium and it is getting a lot less sedating. The 1st week was really bad, Felt like I was just floating around all day. Once  you are completely c/o give it a couple weeks. I am counting on what others have said on here and trusting them.

I am actually wanting to Taper, but Have to wait at least another week or two. Just sick of feeling like CRAP every single day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Be...]
    • [He...]
    • [On...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [pi...]
    • [te...]
    • [Zi...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Le...]
    • [fa...]