Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[ef...]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to hear from only those who c/o using Pearts method...and I would LOVE to only hear positive feedback...I am doing this and need support.

I am using Pearts because 6 weeks per Ashton would send me into a mental institution for sure. I have to be off this clonazepam and soon. But I am not going to fast.

actually I am adding a day in between each change (3 day hold) and I am also first starting with .125k/2.5 V

so a bit slower then what he advises but way quicker then Ashton.

I pray this is the right thing to do

[f7...]
Lainey, I believe dr peart is the one I followed to c/o to valium. im now on phase 2, the holding for 30 days. but I started from once daily .5mg klonopin and went to .25mgklon/5mgvalium, then to .125mgklon/7.5mgvalium, giving each several days, Im not sure how long it took me, not long, and I was over. It wasn't bad at all, just had the spacy/floaty tired feeling. Im doing well, no klonopin since my c/o, see my sig. U will too, I know it! :)

Yeah, as long as you're using the equivalent does there really isn't any withdrawal taking place during the crossover. . . I did mine ala Peart in 11 days, and other the sedation from the Valium ( which wore off at day 9 ) it went fine, held for 30 days and just did my first cut monday. . . all according to plan.  :thumbsup:

We'll all be fine as long as we listen to our bodies, do the research, and make informed decisions. . . that's the key to success here I'm convinced.

Yeah, as long as you're using the equivalent does there really isn't any withdrawal taking place during the crossover. . . I did mine ala Peart in 11 days, and other the sedation from the Valium ( which wore off at day 9 ) it went fine, held for 30 days and just did my first cut monday. . . all according to plan.  :thumbsup:

We'll all be fine as long as we listen to our bodies, do the research, and make informed decisions. . . that's the key to success here I'm convinced.

Informed decision, exactly Froto.

because I do. Its going to take me a bit longer. already have been c/o for 6 days now on day 7

this is where I am at :

DAY                A.M.                              P.M.                                BEDTIME

7th                .25mgk                        .25mgk                              5mg V

8th              .125mgk/2.5mgv            .25mgk                              5mg V

9th                  HOLD                          HOLD                                HOLD

10th                HOLD                          HOLD                                HOLD

11th                5mg V                          .25mg K                          5mg V

12th                HOLD                          HOLD                              HOLD

13th                HOLD                          HOLD                              HOLD

14th                  5mg V                        .125mgK/2.5mgsV              5mg V

15th                HOLD                          HOLD                                HOLD

16th                HOLD                          HOLD                                HOLD

17th                  5mg V                          5mg V                              5mg V

Ingrid & Frotob;

How's that look? Peart would have me hold one day and would not have me do the .125mgK/2.5mgs V in his original method

But I thought this might be a little safer.

what do you think? Do you think I am dragging my feet with having the .125mgk/2.5mg V in between?

I have been spacey (more so) but nothing else new. did you feel it during the c/o or after you were completely c/o?  I can't tell what is what sense I have been in tolerance w/d for so long.

[ef...]

Lainey, that is what I did too.

I agree with Frotob. Just stick to it, don't rush it and most importantly, don't take less Valium if you feel better. I did that and it was S-T-U-P-I-D!

You're on the right equivalence and you know by now that everyone stresses not to rush it.

Good luck! You will be fine :smitten:

Ps. I got in trouble because of what I did before and during my taper. Don't use me as an example when you read back about my bad, bad days.

Lainey,

Mom is right. Don't rush it!  I am doing my own modified Ashton version if a crossover and had to hold longer than I wanted to because of some extra stress. I knew when my body was ready and then started my next dose cross over.  You can do this!

Lynnie

Frotob, do you dose once daily too? I am wondering if my there time doses is making this take so much longer

Nope I dose 3 times daily.

[ef...]

Frotob, do you dose once daily too? I am wondering if my there time doses is making this take so much longer

Nope I dose 3 times daily.

Me too. 7 am, 2 pm and 9 pm ish

[f7...]
Lainey, Ur sch looks well thought out and very doable. I felt the spacy/floaty tired feeling during the c/o, but not once I got completely over and adjusted to the 10mg, after a couple of days. I always got used to each up dose in valium before going up again until I got to 10mg. Post taper, Ive felt off balance,mildly, and not constantly, and that could also be related to my menstrual cycle or valium. But I feel fine. I had the issue where I wasn't sure if I wanted to go straight from .25mg klon/5mg val to all 10mg val. But I made the decision to go .125mg klon/7.5mg val, so I added a few days to my c/o, modified it a little. U could try switching one of ur doses to all 5mg valium and not do the .125mg klon/2.5mg val, but its a gamble. Peart seems to advocate going faster to get over, but I took it slower. Go with ur gut.

[f7...]
My 30th day on 10mg valium, will be April 5, soooo  April 6 is the day I will cut.  Eek, Im preparing for this mentally, trying not to remember my disastrous experiences dry cutting klon. I know the valium will be a lot smaller cut, so that helps. We're all in this together!

[f7...]
BTW, I worked on my sig a little, I had a date off, and wanted to abbreviate more, and reflect a little more on how I was feeling thru this c/o and after.

yup spacey and off balanced is how I feel....but much less anxious today, so that's a good thing. I am going to try to just stay with this schedule, otherwise the kpin wins and that's NOT going to happen

You all have been so helpful and I just want to say again THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart :smitten:

Oh I know this is personal so it might not be permitted to ask this but am I the grandmother here? I am 55 yrs old

[ef...]

I don't think so Lainey....

People of all ages but you're not the grandmother here.

I've read some people in their 60's and one in 70's as well.

[f7...]

I don't think so Lainey....

People of all ages but you're not the grandmother here.

I've read some people in their 60's and one in 70's as well.

W/o this thread, I would not have completed my c/o! U guys r the cream in my coffee!!

[ef...]

Would like to be 40 schmordy again, u lucky girl!!

I look like I'm 60 though. I haven't had a facial in half a year. Trying to tame the hairy caterpillars myself (eyebrows). I can't stand being in salon or anything. I had a haircut recently and I had to take a bathroom break. Just sat there for a while, trying not to cry.

I can't stand it when people touch me too long right now, for some reason.

I do acupuncture, which relaxes me a lot and the same doc does pressure point massages.

I used to love it, up to a month ago.

Another xs:, leave me alone and don't touch me! :idiot:

[f7...]
i had my first panic attack in a chair in a beauty salon while getting highlights, in my early 30s! Had to run to the bathroom, tho tried my best to sit thru it...eventually, I returned and let her get the aluminum foil thingys out of my hair, paid and bolted. No more hair salons for me for quite a while. My next panic attack occurred in a theater during a play, had to bolt, didnt go to theaters for a long time. My panic attacks are very sporadic and occur out of the blue. Im gonna have to look more into cbt or something so I dont risk popping a benzo.

[f7...]
Something nice about being nifty 50, you dont give a damn if the neighbors think ur crazy as a loon...I laid out on my front porch, flat on my back, in the beautiful sunshine, with my feet up on the house and my arms up and out behind my head, and just gazed up into the blue sky, not thinkin about much, just being chill for quite a while. Now that Im recalling it, must've looked odd...or may be cool[ftp=ftp://8)] 8)[/ftp]

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ha...]
    • [An...]
    • [Cy...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [pe...]
    • [...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ab...]