Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Tapering and feeling pretty down

[an...]

Hi. So my taper is going....was able to sleep last night w/o any night side effects. However, I am feeling pretty down right now. I can't believe this has hit me the way it has. Scary really. Just wanted to reach out to you all.

Thanks for reading..

Anna

Sorry you are having a blah day, Anne.  I've been mostly in a bad mood all day with a background feeling of being on the brink of crying.  I mostly just distracting myself as best I can with online games and my forums.  What do you do to pass the time when you are feeling blue?

Thank you for your note. : - )  Usually, I try keep busy. Exercise helps me. I just got back from taking the dog for a nice walk and I've decided to head to the pool.

I can't fall apart. I just can't, right?

Anna

Anna,

I had such terrible depression while on benzos and during my taper. But it lifted toward the end and never returned. Life is really good now, I never dreamed I could get better.

Just take one day at a time and you will get thru. My favorite saying back then was: What do you do when walking through Hell?.....Keep walking!!  :)   

Hi Anna-- Fear and depression were my worst mental symptoms so I know what you're feeling.  You need to understand though that most of these feelings aren't based on anything real, it's the withdrawals. 

I've always been very independent, fairly confident and positive.  When this hit me, I was afraid of everything...driving, talking, socializing, the future...everything.  I think the fear really feeds the depression, it completes the picture and paralyzes us. 

The best thing you can do is to try to keep positive, in my time here on the forum, I've seen the most success come from trying to stay positive.  These feelings will come and go, and be gone eventually.  I hope you will trust me on this, I was where you are and I came through it.  :smitten:

Thanks for starting this thread.  I am down from 4mg to 1.5mg klonopin and the depression is very prevalent.  I agree, lots of it has to do with fear.  I go jogging as often as I can and push myself out the door to be around people.  Its hard to be around people but those who really love me understand and accept me unconditionally anyway.  The fear is of the future and how I will manage the rest of the taper; but; the gratitude for this forum can easily outweigh the fear if I chose to be positive and know that time does heal and that this too shall pass.

Kenny

Anna:

I've been going through some wicked fear and depression myself, just like Pam has said she's been through.  But here's something I hold on to:  She did a cold turkey from quite a bit of Klonopin and she is living and loving life now.  She laughs now (very hard to do right now for me but anticipating it).  And Eljay is saying life is really good now.  I feel hopeless much of the time - that's why I come here to get refreshed and encouraged.  Take heart in what they are saying to you and to the rest of us - one day, we'll be lifting others up by telling them that we were in the same place but are living and loving life.  I'm trying hard to keep focus on that - not easy - but when I don't do that, I really can lose it altogether.

I hope you find relief very, very soon and that the remainder of your taper goes smoothly.

Jan

Hi Anna,  Hope you're doing better today.  I was really a mess yesterday and totally hopeless.  Today I'm better and I'm hoping you are too.

Take care,

Lyd

• 1 month later...