Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can updosing cause as many problems as cutting too fast?

[an...]

Have a question for you good people here:  Suffice it to say I had a bit of a screw-up with my dosing, and as a result thought I needed to updose a bit after the mess-up.  The past 2 days I've updosed approx. .02 to .03mL (which equates to the same in mg - .02mg to .03mg) in my Klonopin.  Can updosing like this cause a person to have more sweating, especially through the night, and really, really get even more depressed than you already were, with fatigue that rivals it?  I really need some help with this.  As if getting through the day wasn't hard enough, it's even more difficult right now.  I need a good "shot in the arm" of encouragement!

Jan

Have a question for you good people here:  Suffice it to say I had a bit of a screw-up with my dosing, and as a result thought I needed to updose a bit after the mess-up.  The past 2 days I've updosed approx. .02 to .03mL (which equates to the same in mg - .02mg to .03mg) in my Klonopin.  Can updosing like this cause a person to have more sweating, especially through the night, and really, really get even more depressed than you already were, with fatigue that rivals it?  I really need some help with this.  As if getting through the day wasn't hard enough, it's even more difficult right now.  I need a good "shot in the arm" of encouragement!

Jan

Hi Jan,

I don't suspect that small amount would make such a significant difference. If it was like a one time screw up, we always suggest going back to your normal dosing. It may have just been a coincidence that you experienced more sweating.

You are getting so close to being benzo free, you'll be there soon!!  :yippee:

T2 :smitten:

Thanks Theresa.  I've come to the conclusion that, with the help of so many here and telling me this, this w/d is so unpredictable that these things would happen even if not updosing or cutting.  It is truly hell to go through this.  I'm going a bit slower toward the end since it seems the lower I get, I'm having a few more s/x crop up.  I'm trying very hard to listen to my body and know when to cut, when to hold, etc.  I know the only one who knows when to do that is me.  What a task!

Jan

Thanks Theresa.  I've come to the conclusion that, with the help of so many here and telling me this, this w/d is so unpredictable that these things would happen even if not updosing or cutting.  It is truly hell to go through this.  I'm going a bit slower toward the end since it seems the lower I get, I'm having a few more s/x crop up.  I'm trying very hard to listen to my body and know when to cut, when to hold, etc.  I know the only one who knows when to do that is me.  What a task!

Jan

Good thinking Jan, try to remember this when you're hit again.  As you know I did a cold turkey, so I had nothing to blame all of my symptoms on that came and went.  They just did and there was no rhyme or reason.  It just is and it sucks!

Yeah - two words describe this accurately - IT SUCKS!  But it is what it is until it isn't any more (that's a Jan original!).

Jan

Jan,

I don't think updosing that small amount will give you much of a problem.  I generally toss 1ml a day out of my solution, but a couple days a week I toss 2ml in order to make it 10ml a week.  I actually messed up once during my titration and I believe I updosed 1ml and I just went back to my regular schedule.  You are so close to being done.  I know its been tough, but you are almost there!  :thumbsup:

Tim

Hi Yoda:

Yep - that sure is the consensus around here. I guess I was wondering since my system is so stinkin' sensitive, but truth is, it may have happened whether I updosed, cut, stood on my head all day, etc.  It was one HUGE wave that hit me like a brick wall, and, to quote some very wise people here, there's no rhyme or reason to all of this.  It stinks to go through it and I am feeling wretched, but I'm moving forward. 

Jan

Hi Jan,

Thats true there is no telling how you will be from one day to the next with all this all you can do is keep going and if you hit a wave again just know that it will pass!

Love lynn xx  :smitten: