Sick of Docs/PT for Injury When They All Just Think I'm Nuts

[An...]

As a matter of fact I *do* get a twist to my body. Sometimes it's hard to walk because it feels so weird, unbalanced, and painful. My QL and hip muscles hike up the right leg - it's pretty weird, difficult to explain.

So I don't know what the answer is.

I only know it isn't going back *on* benzos! 8)

M

Huh, that's weird. Mine is pretty much being explained. And I don't care how obnoxious those doctors thought I was these last 2 weeks, I WILL have answers for what is wrong with me or they don't get paid, I've been sick and getting sicker and sicker for 3 months with this! Oh well, hopefully this will clear now. I say that now, but I may be back here next week with still an issue or two.

Maintain, how many doctors have you been to? I'm assuming quite a few, if you have tried all of the other avenues. Did you try applied kinesiology? They can test the muscles and find what is malfunctioning, generally. I don't much believe anymore that pain happens without a reason, there is something there, just sometimes something that's unable to be found.

Have you tried turmeric or boswella for inflammation? Some formulas come with ginger, I don't know.....I was getting thrown down the chronic pain route myself, I find that no one takes you seriously when you have pain from a source that is either referring it to a non-specific or generalized area or is unable to be found. So few doctors specialize in, well, just the entire system.

I've been to a ridiculously large number of doctors... Just got a bone scan and in fact I do have inflammation in the spinal bone at L4. This took over 2 years to diagnose, but does in fact match my symptoms and I think it is unrelated to benzo - except for I have swelling in my fingers and knees as well.

Getting a back MRI this Thursday..

I think benzo withdrawal causes system wide inflammation in some people, or a propensity to have hyper-arousal in the immune system. I hope it chills out soon.

Until recently I did not take any medication for pain. But my back started hurting after a minor slip in November and I could not move for days. It was insane. After two years of this I figured, OK maybe the meds will help. I take meloxicam daily, flexeril and tramodol when needed.

It's not really helping...

I will look into a kenesiologist. Got nothing to loose...

M

maintain, well, that's how I felt. Not much at all to lose! And sure enough, she found that this wasn't muscular in my case, but same as the mainstream PTs: my muscles are not flexing and releasing, they are flexing and spasming. And that something was drastically inflamed in my abdomen, which the PTs had been telling me to ignore, for some reason. Well, main thing is that there really AREN'T doctors who specialize in muscles....I never realized that until I tried to find someone, working with my insurance, for once I strained those muscles. They just don't know. Not that I know enough about kinesiology, but they do at least test the muscles and for weaknesses. More than I was getting with MDs or chiropractors, etc.

Wow, I hope you find something. Is there anything specific that hurts? Any spot that's just particularly bothersome?

Muscle spasms may be caused from magnesium deficiency. You may want to take high dozes of magnesium, the problem with that is that it can cause the runs. So I discovered slow release brand called Jigsaw SR magnesium (does not cause intestinal problems) sold at Amazon. You can also get liquid magnesium that is applied on the skin and is transdermal. Magnesium definitely helps with muscle spasms and is a muscle relaxer. You don't need to go to pain control centers for more poison that's for sure. I hope  this helps.

Thanks, been on mag for a bit over 2 months. Not doing a thing, really.

It's weird, whatever is wrong in there is on the right side. Whole right side is fallen. Every exam revealed right side of pelvis suddenly fallen, right side of entire torso in the same condition. Even my collarbone is off. I wish it wasn't freaking me out so much, honestly. Glad they found this infection, I'm assuming the inflammation is what caused all of this (??). I guess having a hip issue as well (though that was only pain, and I walked at 3.8 mph 6-8 miles a day on it, so whatever) made it weak. Thing is, I can't engage the muscles properly with so much inflamed organ involvement in the abdomen.

OK, if this isn't JUST the infection, I'm about ready to tell them they have to check me into the damned hospital and keep me until they figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone.  I'm a PT and have been on Lorazepam and ambien for years.  Off both now and having one heck of a time.  This group has helped tremendously in getting information out.  I have been to every Dr. You can imagine and never dreamed benzos and Z drugs could cause so much havoc.  What I now know is that your mind can either help or hinder you.  I have terrible nerve pain, burning in feet and occasional weakness in legs.  I did pretty well after coming off L for a year, but continued w/Ambien for sleep.  At 6 weeks off the ambien i'm sleeping but the withdrawl monster has awakened.  No (not one / including a famous Neurologist) would even suggest that this might be withdrawl.  At least now I know i'm not NUTS and thank you all for that.  I'm walking 2-3 miles a day no matter how I feel, strtch and do Yoga and constantly remind myself that this is a good thing.  Keep in mind that Healing is happening, meditation helps and talking yourself out of pain, anxiety and depression helps.  I'm not a Polyanna, I just know that stuff happens, we are all in the same boat and it's moving in the right direction.  If you're looking for PT's or Doc's to understand this you're more optimistic than I am.  Unless they've been thru this they won't understand or belive it.  I do and any suggestions I  can give I'd be glad to help.  Happy New Year y'all. 

You're a PT? Wow, what have you noticed with yourself in terms of movement? I'm getting a new PT next week...again...lol. Found a position last night that made sleep possible, left side with the affected leg/hip pulled up high as it would go. Lift in the shoe, the whole works trying to keep that side/that hip from dropping too low. Just haven't found out how to keep it there permanently because the PTs fly straight to core/pelvic floor and just note that the hip/right side of the pelvis is dropped without understanding that as the problem. Oh well. Seeing a physiatrist tomorrow. Any ideas for a dropped side of the pelvis would be lovely if you've got any, I hope you're doing OK in the meantime.

P.S. I've almost sworn to myself to stop mentioning this here just because someone always comes along to say "it's just withdrawal", but I had to ask, seeing as you're a PT yourself.

If it means anything, I have never been on any psych meds and never personally, experienced withdrawal, other than from coffee and nicotine.

And I totally understand what people are going thru with these drugs.

I completely understand benzo w/d, but can't say I know what it feels like.

I can only imagine the horror.

mrt--it's not pleasant, I'll give it that. However, I'd take it doubled if I could trade out this friggin injury. No joke. I'd take my last w/d of shaking like a Parkinson's patient and not remembering how to get to the store and dropping to 90 lbs. over this injury. This has been the worst thing of my life.

mrt--it's not pleasant, I'll give it that. However, I'd take it doubled if I could trade out this friggin injury. No joke. I'd take my last w/d of shaking like a Parkinson's patient and not remembering how to get to the store and dropping to 90 lbs. over this injury. This has been the worst thing of my life.

Hi Antoni,

Realize that if you were not in w/d, your pain would not be anywhere near this bad.

w/d makes everything hurt a million times more than normal.

Is any of it getting better?

Well, when your system goes extremely sensitive it increases pain regardless of w/d, really. My mom has had this reaction numerous times and I've had it twice before. It's just when pain becomes chronic and you go into fight or flight. It's fairly common for people without w/d, but way worse in it. I have managed to end the fight or flight momentarily. Broke the cycle. My hip is still just way too low, and that (without support) causes such extreme pressure on the joints (mainly SI & PS) and ligaments (especially inguinal) that it is really unbearable. Not sure what they'll do to get it back to normal, but I'm having tons of success doing a lot of PT exercises here at home. I just keep researching them myself based on what the PTs had me doing (they had me doing them incorrectly it seems).

No idea! I'm just trying to strengthen the muscles while supported in the normal position for my body and keeping the lift in my shoe for now, no idea how to transition from the lift to no lift, but hopefully this doc will have some ideas tomorrow. The core muscles work fine (shaky, but there), oddly enough, when I have the hip pushed up to normal. I'll just go with it for now.