Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Hi Guys. Sitting at the salon getting what is left of my hair done. Starting to get some new growth but it is growing in grey! Anyway, good news is that I couldn't tolerate coming into a place like this just a few months ago and while it is slightly uncomfortable now, it is tolerable. Bad news is I am in a pretty bad wave. Some symptoms that I haven't had since taper are resurfacing. Scares me that I am not ever going to heal. Can't believe at 14 weeks this stuff is still happening. It is unsettling me. Lots of nerve and muscle pain, hand tremors, and crazy vertigo plus GI upset and zero energy. Add that to constant head pressure and head pain and geez! Trying to belief it will all go away!

Love,

Hopeful

Same symptoms here Hopeful, minus hand tremors.  It really got me down today.  I have been up and trying so hard.  It seems like to me when I have GI issues the vertigo is worse.  I'm trying to believe too!  3 1/2 months today for me.  Good news getting your hair done.  I'm afraid to get color, the rest might come out.  :tickedoff:

Love,

Mama  :smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopeful--

Changing symptoms = good sign of healing :thumbsup: Shifts & changes & fluctuations are very GOOD with regards to the CNS & brain healing. My husband's cousin was in a very bad car accident and suffered serious brain damage, and the whole two years following his recovery they were constantly saying, changes in symptoms were important and GOOD signs of healing, that if he sat in a similar set of symptoms for longer than a few months, that it was not a great sign of healing-that they didn't like to see stagnation in symptoms. Now, we're not brain damaged in that sense of course, and our fluctuations differ too, but it made me feel so much better about my ever-rotating, ever-fluctuating symptoms LOL :P Remember Parker's post: our brain is like if the Twin Towers stayed standing and underwent structural massive reconstruction & repairs, all while business still ran there 24/7: building over here, tearing down over there; temporary buildup of support over here to support this, while that heals, than to tear it down and move to the next spot...this is why we feel these changes, why we sometimes "digress" temporarily etc...its all part of the structural rebuild, LOL!!

No sweats, sweets :) You're healing GREAT!! Keep at it ;)

Hi Dear Friends....thinking of you on this dark Oregon day. I have been reading but not posting much. Welcome the new folks. You are in good hands here.

I am happy to see progress with many of you. Even small steps like driving locally, sitting in a salon chair, grocery shopping or walking a bit further than usual is progress when evaluating neural recovery. This is a long process. Stopping in and seeing you move forward is therapy for me...it gives me hope. Thank you for being here.

I am struck by the courage and determination each of you possess. It is a tribute to the human spirit. I am grateful to be a part of this circle.

I wish all of you a peaceful winter holiday. I hope it can be spent with loved ones. Please recognize how hard you have all worked to get this far...you are amazing! 2014 will bring further healing for all of us.

Sending love and thanks,

Carita

[quoteHi PepsiMoon,

I would make alternating cuts from the two doses. If you make a cut from the noon dose the next cut should be from your PM dose then from the noon dose again. Make sense ?

HG]

Hi Hopeful, ty for the quick response and advice. So if I'm getting what you're suggesting right, if I want a 5% cut, I cut the 5% from my noon dose, take that for 2 weeks.

Then after 14 days on that cut. I make a 5% cut to my midnight dose and do that for 14 days, then back to the noon 5% cut for 14 days and so forth? If so, I can do that. What I'm most concerned about is the tolerance withdrawal that I'm already going through. That's why I thought it would be wise to make 4 doses and evenly space them out every 6 hours. More or less for comfort. I used to be on Xanax PRN (as needed) and made the mistake a year and a half ago to start taking it regularly

every day at noon. Then in the throes of tolerance withdrawal, I started a 'rescue' dose of 1 mg Xanax at midnight 8 days ago. I wish I would have never started that, it was a stupid mistake on my part. Now I'm really paying the piper so to speak. Hindsight 20/20 right? LOL

Thanks Again,  PepsiMoon

Hi Carita, I'm in Oregon as well, so Howdy neighbor!!

PepsiMoon,

So nice to see another Oregonian...welcome PepsiMoon! Best of luck to you on your taper. I see you were wondering about doses per day? My experience with xanax was best managed dosing 4 times/ day. I did 6 AM, noon 6 PM and midnight. Easy for my tired brain to remember and kept interdose withdrawal manageable. It may take some tinkering for you to find your best solution. I am sure you will find what best suits you. Keep asking questions here..a wealth of information on this thread.

Warmly...on this dark and chilly day in Oregon!

Carita

[quoteHi PepsiMoon,

I would make alternating cuts from the two doses. If you make a cut from the noon dose the next cut should be from your PM dose then from the noon dose again. Make sense ?

HG]

Hi Hopeful, ty for the quick response and advice. So if I'm getting what you're suggesting right, if I want a 5% cut, I cut the 5% from my noon dose, take that for 2 weeks.

Then after 14 days on that cut. I make a 5% cut to my midnight dose and do that for 14 days, then back to the noon 5% cut for 14 days and so forth? If so, I can do that. What I'm most concerned about is the tolerance withdrawal that I'm already going through. That's why I thought it would be wise to make 4 doses and evenly space them out every 6 hours. More or less for comfort. I used to be on Xanax PRN (as needed) and made the mistake a year and a half ago to start taking it regularly

every day at noon. Then in the throes of tolerance withdrawal, I started a 'rescue' dose of 1 mg Xanax at midnight 8 days ago. I wish I would have never started that, it was a stupid mistake on my part. Now I'm really paying the piper so to speak. Hindsight 20/20 right? LOL

Thanks Again,  PepsiMoon

Hi Carita, I'm in Oregon as well, so Howdy neighbor!!

Hi, PepsiMoon,

Yes, you got it! You can always increase your doses. I did. I dosed at 9am, 1pm, 5pm, and 9pm...I didn't do a middle of the night dose because if I was asleep I wanted to stay asleep. If you decide to switch to 4 doses I'd recommend a gradual switch over. It can be hard on some to switch abruptly.

Best,

Hopeful Girl

Hopeful--

Changing symptoms = good sign of healing :thumbsup: Shifts & changes & fluctuations are very GOOD with regards to the CNS & brain healing. My husband's cousin was in a very bad car accident and suffered serious brain damage, and the whole two years following his recovery they were constantly saying, changes in symptoms were important and GOOD signs of healing, that if he sat in a similar set of symptoms for longer than a few months, that it was not a great sign of healing-that they didn't like to see stagnation in symptoms. Now, we're not brain damaged in that sense of course, and our fluctuations differ too, but it made me feel so much better about my ever-rotating, ever-fluctuating symptoms LOL :P Remember Parker's post: our brain is like if the Twin Towers stayed standing and underwent structural massive reconstruction & repairs, all while business still ran there 24/7: building over here, tearing down over there; temporary buildup of support over here to support this, while that heals, than to tear it down and move to the next spot...this is why we feel these changes, why we sometimes "digress" temporarily etc...its all part of the structural rebuild, LOL!!

No sweats, sweets :) You're healing GREAT!! Keep at it ;)

Thanks for this. I am feeling doubtful of it all but choose to believe!

Feeling really sad about all of it tonight. Ready to have my life back!

Hi Guys. Sitting at the salon getting what is left of my hair done. Starting to get some new growth but it is growing in grey! Anyway, good news is that I couldn't tolerate coming into a place like this just a few months ago and while it is slightly uncomfortable now, it is tolerable. Bad news is I am in a pretty bad wave. Some symptoms that I haven't had since taper are resurfacing. Scares me that I am not ever going to heal. Can't believe at 14 weeks this stuff is still happening. It is unsettling me. Lots of nerve and muscle pain, hand tremors, and crazy vertigo plus GI upset and zero energy. Add that to constant head pressure and head pain and geez! Trying to belief it will all go away!

Love,

Hopeful

Same symptoms here Hopeful, minus hand tremors.  It really got me down today.  I have been up and trying so hard.  It seems like to me when I have GI issues the vertigo is worse.  I'm trying to believe too!  3 1/2 months today for me.  Good news getting your hair done.  I'm afraid to get color, the rest might come out.  :tickedoff:

Love,

Mama  :smitten:

Thanks for the message, Mama2. I wish we weren't having these symptoms! Thinking about you!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Hi everyone i haven't been here in a long time but just wanted to share my progress. Take a look at my signature im almost down to half of my starting dose and feeling absolutely fine. I was terrified in the beginning thinking all the bad symptoms of withdrawl were happening to me turns out it was all in my head. I had to stop coming online and reading about it but guess what? It worked. I cut 1/8 a tab every 10-14 days and I feel completely normal. Im also having less panic attacks then I did when I was taking more xanax.I just wanted to share a bright story in hopes it will help someone as they begin their taper that if you really do go slow its very manageable.takes long but so worth it.im not fully there yet but very excited to be free!

thanks for posting lowxanlongtime, thats encouraging..

its a double edge sword for me, Ive had "time outs" from BB, and found that in many way I was better, because I tend to obsess about things I read on here, and its just a constant tug at me to read and post..

but at the same time, I feel much better being able to converse with people that are in the same boat as I am...even if I try to throw some of them overboard at different times...

I laid down for a little nap earlier, and got up 7 hrs later! I dunno when Im gonna learn...

I just cant make it all day, until bedtime, not that I have a bedtime......

I need a scheduele, I guess I can worry about that later....

I hate sitting here at 5 in the morning though..

lowxanlongtime,

I needed your post this morning.  Now I'm wondering if some of it is in my head from reading so much negativity.

Benzy , I can relate to what you are saying about obsessing about what we are reading on here, but then I like to compare myself as to how others are doing, and seek out encouragement when I'm at a low point. 

Mama 

I know one thing, it doesnt matter how long you do this or how many coping skillz you have, when the anxiety comes its like the first time all over again..

I remembered a article I read that was very good, about anxiety and symptoms vs sensations..

I wish I could find it, but I haven't so far..

basically it explained the difference in sensations vs symptoms..

sensations are just that, you feel a sensation, it means very little, just that somethings going on in your body at the time, and your bodys doing what it needs to make the necessarry adjustments, its a good thing actually, your bodys doing what its designed and supposed to do..

symptoms describe something thats not suppose to be going on, like symptoms that occur when you have disease in your body, such as terrible headaches when there's cancer in the brain and such...

we feel a lot of sensations while tapering and withdrawing, which we probably mistake for symptoms....

you get the jest of it......it helps somewhat when oure fighting anxiety to be able to know and accept that sensations wont harm you at all.....

Thanks benzy for telling me about Bigbabysmomma. Maybe I'll find her personal thread and read her goodbye. That surprises me. I read you got drunk?  that takes more than two drinks. You're going to be jumping soon behave yourself and save it for when you're healed  ;)

Blue. I'm glad you were handling your wave and hope you are through it now  :)

I hope everyone is having  peace and calmness  :smitten:

Well I didn't get DRUUUUUuuunk ,, I didn't "get down and look around" or anything lol..

That stuff has a alcohol content like wine, so it's not that bad, plus I sipped it all night, thats the problem, I wanna stay up and play when I do that and mess whatever schedule I might have up..

BBM will be back shortly I'm sure

The storms have knocked my electricity out, gotta save my little batteries so I won't he on as much until it comes back....

LATA GATAS!

Glad you're having a positive experience with your Xanax withdrawal lowxan, that's freaking awesome!! BTW, how are you getting those weird cuts? .08657 or whatever?

Are you using a scale or what?

Benzy, the post and info you're looking for is here:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=79098.0 It was written by Parker. Hope this helps. I know it helped me understand that what I might go through is just the GABA and Glutamate 'Healing ' and rebuilding themselves.:)

I haven't started my taper quite yet, my scale will be here on or about the 2nd of Jan.

I wish all of my new buddies Hope, Happiness, and Freedom                                                            PepsiMoon

Pepsimoon....I have 0.25 mg pills. I have a pill cutter. I cut the pill in quarters then I break the little quarter in half to give me 1/8 of a tab. I only do this off 1 tab. Its obviously not exact give or take some powder that comes off but it works fine. So right now I take 1/2 tab then few hrs later 1/2 tab then again 1/2 tab few hrs later then I take 1/4 tab a few hrs later. In about a weak I will break that 1/4 tab in half and only take that little piece then in a couple weeks eliminate it. Ive been doing this throughout each pill. I started at 3 full tabs a day and now as you can see im just about at 1 and a 1/2 tabs a day. I choose to separate the doses throughout the day cause it helps keep my anxiety lower and its easier to deal with. I hope this all makes sense

Love the Greeting dd58!  ;D Holiday greetings to you and to all. I hope everyone has a calm, peaceful and joyful holiday. :smitten:

Benzy. Ok, ok. As long as you werent done on the floor I suppose its alright.  ;D

I hope your power comes on very soon!

Lowxan. That is good news. Isorry I didn't comment my last time here. I missed your post. 'm happy for you that your taper is going well  :)

I hope you all have a calm, pleasant and joyful Holiday!  :smitten:

winter solstice today, my favorite day of winter, to me it means its halfway over, not just beginning. and March is the beginning of spring... to me... and thats what counts,, me..

me me me me ME  :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ho...]
    • [Su...]
    • [ge...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Da...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Sw...]