Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

thank you all....I need all the encouragement I can get ate this point because as we all know this SUCKS

such a tiny amount is kicking my butt...but I will keep going

my daughter and I were talking today about me taking a bit of a rest from tapering and she conjoled me into NOT doing so...hasn't killed me yet....

so if I keep going my last day of consuming this poison  will  be JULY 4th INDEPENDACE DAY!!!!!

guess I will be on here more and more now that my days are really getting cloudy

God bless you all  there is strength in numbers

Hope...Breast Cancer???!!!!  who is the warrior here?  you are...wow...I am in awe of you

will lift you in prayer

Hope...Breast Cancer???!!!!  who is the warrior here?  you are...wow...I am in awe of you

will lift you in prayer

Thanks Lainey! I'm cancer free now but was diagnosed in the middle of my taper and had to have 2 surgeries and put taper on hold for that, which is why I'm

Not farther along than I am at the moment. But luckily no radiation or chemo so I am thankful for that, and I'm back on track with my taper.

Kgirl10 and begood, I have followed you both for a while now and respect and admire you both. I think what's interesting to me is how different we all respond to these drugs. I think it all comes down to what works for the individual. As for me, my body does not seem to benefit from holding beyond 6 weeks. So I plan on continuing to taper at a rate that is tolerable and get off the poison. I have had symptoms all the way down so far, and I don't expect that to change unfortunately. If long holds help a person, that's great, but it just doesn't work for all of us (definitely not me). Anyway, just wanted to share my perspective. I think having multiple experiences shared on the boards is valuable so people can use it in their own decision making process.

Thanks Hope, I have followed you also, and I have so much admiration for you and the battle that you have had with Cancer and then still having to deal with the Benzo  >:D and a Family so I hope that the rest of your taper will let up and go smoother for you. I used to hold for up to 3-4months, but now I do a 10 day taper of about 5% very small amt I know, but it works for me, and now I am holding for 1 month between tapers, it is working well, I think the reason it is working so well, is that my prior tapers about killed me, and I knew I had to do it differently this time and so far it is going better than I could ever hope, but I am fully aware that it can turn on a dime. I agree that we need to have multiple experiences and since being here things have changed a lot, but we all want the same thing in the end to be Benzo Free. I do hope that this Nanny will work out for you, sometimes when it rains it pours, but in the end it will stop raining and if we are lucky we will see a Rainbow. I wish the best for you always. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks to those who responded to my "weak" Teva Valium and switching brands post. I will just keep going with Teva and try not to concern myself with it. Sleepy

Yes, we will all get there. I know it's not good to have a end date in mind but I do it too.

Hope76- I'm recovering from a bad sinus infection- didn't take any meds-just neti pot. I'm so scared of all meds now, esp during w/d. But I now have this weird reflux- like a forceful spray of acid that gets into my larynx. And it keeps happening all day long for the past wk or so. Not sure if all the nose blowing caused it or if it's a benzo effect. Havent experienced this before. Anyone else have this?

Otherwise, plugging away...slow and steady. You'll get a hang of the scale quickly. I wear gloves when I do my cut so as not to add fingerprint weight. Maybe that's overkill but that's what I do. Anything that helps the anxiety is worth it IMHO.

Yes, we will all get there. I know it's not good to have a end date in mind but I do it too.

Hope76- I'm recovering from a bad sinus infection- didn't take any meds-just neti pot. I'm so scared of all meds now, esp during w/d. But I now have this weird reflux- like a forceful spray of acid that gets into my larynx. And it keeps happening all day long for the past wk or so. Not sure if all the nose blowing caused it or if it's a benzo effect. Havent experienced this before. Anyone else have this?

Otherwise, plugging away...slow and steady. You'll get a hang of the scale quickly. I wear gloves when I do my cut so as not to add fingerprint weight. Maybe that's overkill but that's what I do. Anything that helps the anxiety is worth it IMHO.

I had bad acid reflux at the beginning of my taper and am on Protonix. It helps but I hate that I have to take it. Gloves, I will add that to the checklist lol.

HI all,

I need advise on my condition. 9 weeks ago I stopped taking Lorazapam of 1mg per day. I have GAD and the Lorazapam was helping when I was trying to change antidepressants. Eventually it stopped working and my anxiety got worse. My doctor put me on Diazapam and I tapered down to 1.5mg over the last 9 weeks. Unfortunately my anxiety has not let up. It starts up in the morning and usually goes away around 7pm. I was also on 20mg of Cipralex until just 9 days ago after being on it for about 6 months. My doctor and I decided it wasn't working for me and switched me to Zoloft. I started at 25mg and yesterday I increased it to 50mg. The goal is to get better on Zoloft and then complete my tapering of Diazapam.

My question to everyone, is my daily constant anxiety a withdrawal symptom from Lorazapam or Cipralex or because my dossage of Diazapam is low?

Please advise.

HI all,

I need advise on my condition. 9 weeks ago I stopped taking Lorazapam of 1mg per day. I have GAD and the Lorazapam was helping when I was trying to change antidepressants. Eventually it stopped working and my anxiety got worse. My doctor put me on Diazapam and I tapered down to 1.5mg over the last 9 weeks. Unfortunately my anxiety has not let up. It starts up in the morning and usually goes away around 7pm. I was also on 20mg of Cipralex until just 9 days ago after being on it for about 6 months. My doctor and I decided it wasn't working for me and switched me to Zoloft. I started at 25mg and yesterday I increased it to 50mg. The goal is to get better on Zoloft and then complete my tapering of Diazapam.

My question to everyone, is my daily constant anxiety a withdrawal symptom from Lorazapam or Cipralex or because my dossage of Diazapam is low?

Please advise.

Both. 1.5mg of diazepam is not even a therapeutic dose (although you still couldn't drop it at this level without wd). Lorazapam is also a benzo so anxiety is a common symptom of withdrawal from that. How much diazepam did you cross over to when you stopped the lorazapam? I believe 1mg of lorazapam is roughly equal to 10mg of diazepam so if you crossed over to less than that, you would feel withdrawals.

Hi Grapejuice,

I crossed over to 3mg of Diazapam. I know I should have been at 10mg but this is what I was advised. That was 9 weeks ago.

HI all,

Please advise.

Hi Paul  :hug: Its probably all the above, you should have been tapered off the Cipralex after 6 months of use, swapping from lorazepam without tapering across  to Diazepam too quick and too low a dose  of Diazepam to compensate the lorazepam difference, then dropping yet another drug into the mix. So your going to be in withdrawal from the above while possibly getting side effects from the Zoloft, It happened to me when I got taken off of amitriptyline after being on it for a few months with no taper.

Except I wasn't aware of the withdrawal symptoms  from being stopped without a taper off these drugs at all, and I just and a major operation at the time too, and thought I had Alzheimer's starting and panic attack disorder. I was also unaware to top it all I was also in tolerance withdrawal for some year's on my prescribed dose.  Is there anyway your Doctor will put the diazepam back up and allow your to regain some stability for a while?  But you need to be aware it can some times take weeks to months to stabilise I've had to go back up a bit in dose myself by 2mg from 1./12mg to 5.1/2mg  and am holding as I am still very unstable, and its going to take sometime to get there in my case as I've been on Diazepam for many years now.  I also suffer with anxiety along with a lot of other symptoms too, but occasionally it eases a bit, not a window but its more bearable here and there.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

ARGHHHHHHH  now I have heart pounding along with feeling breathless....this has happened in the past and I knew it was anxiety

but now its happening more and more and like today I felt it almost the entire day

so I think ..."you need to call 911, ahhh, no call Dr and make apt quick,  ahhh no you need a cardiologist to do full work up on you"

my mind can not rest with these horrific symptoms

I had ultra sound (I believe) on carotid lasy year,,,that was normal

Sonogram on heart too...they found MVP (mild-moderate)

Ekg  normal

My dizziness/wooziness is what prompted the heart tests by GP

now with the pounding heart so much so that I can see my body thump in rhythm with it at times. for instance if I have my legs crossed my foot will thump along with my heart!!!!

and I can hear it as if I have my stethoscope to my ears (I am a nurse)

so I am supposed to cut again Monday & to say I am scared would be an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!

Not sure how much more I can endure before my body/mind just breaks

Praying through this is all I have

any one else experience this?  advice greatly appreciated....I have seen so many DRs since 2013....Cardiologist is probably the only one I have not seen yet

ARGHHHHHHH  now I have heart pounding ........seen so many DRs since 2013....Cardiologist is probably the only one I have not seen yet

ME TOO...My heart has been pounding almost non-stop for over a year and a half.  It got to a point where sleep deprivation got so bad I would start falling asleep while heart was still pounding.  It has lately settled some but is EXTREMELY easy to set it off with something like food, exercise, any kind of stimulus etc...It was even worse on Klonopin prompting many exasperating doctor visits.  I also notice a few hours after my dose of Valium my heart rate always goes from 62 to 80 something even while laying in bed.  That's when I just want to C/T and the Hell with it.  Very difficult s/x to deal with.  Do whatever you have to do regarding getting checked out to put your mind at ease.  I recently started a Low Glutamate diet after reading several posts about the relationship between gaba and glutamate.  For a couple of weeks now it has reduced the heart pounding, anxiety.  I'm also getting more nights with better sleep(without extra meds like benedryl or vistaril).  Too early to tell if it's a fluke and I wasn't even going to mention this yet but when I read your post...  I will be posting on this later if this improvement continues.  Deep breathing/meditation did not help the pounding at all for ME.  I hope you settle down soon.

Laineyk,

I thought that last cut was too big!

You'll be fine,..as you say it's only anxiety causing it and once you get on top of that you will be able to concur the sxs fear more sxs cycle.

Hope your feeling better real soon!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

ATU....I can not taper any smaller...my scale sucks and I do not want to purchase another one...

Ashton never speaks of cutting smaller

I may have to hold at least another week to get my feet back on the ground...today has been just another horrific day  Head symptoms are like having a stroke or seizure

I already shaved all my pills for next week but if tomorrow I am not at least able to talk to ppl then I will just not cut for another week

not that it will do anything....but today I have cried more then anything else

Lainey,

My heart goes out to you for your suffering but a I am also proud and inspired by the bravery that you are showing at moving forward and coming to terms with these incremental steps.

You are a very strong person and I admire your commitment.

This will end for you soon, of that I have no doubt.  :hug:

ATU 🙏

ATU- are you MT?  I know in the past, you didn't think it worked for you, that maybe it wasn't enough of a signal?  Just wondering how it's going this time compared to last time?

ATU....I can not taper any smaller...my scale sucks and I do not want to purchase another one...

Ashton never speaks of cutting smaller

I may have to hold at least another week to get my feet back on the ground...today has been just another horrific day  Head symptoms are like having a stroke or seizure

I already shaved all my pills for next week but if tomorrow I am not at least able to talk to ppl then I will just not cut for another week

not that it will do anything....but today I have cried more then anything else

Oh man.  This is hard and you've been working on it with great strength.  I know you can do it.  I am learning of the suffering now myself.  This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.  But I know I must and I know you can.  Can you titrate instead of shaving and using a scale?  I had a .001 gram gemini micro scale and it just didn't read accurately enough for me.  Part of that was because the smallest tablet I had was a 5mg that I split in 2.  Anyway, a titration done correctly could improve accuracy of the cuts if your scale lacks accuracy at the lowest weight levels.

ATU- are you MT?  I know in the past, you didn't think it worked for you, that maybe it wasn't enough of a signal?  Just wondering how it's going this time compared to last time?

No, I am not M/T not yet at least. My displeasure with my previous attempts at that has left me a little apprehensive to tackle that again.

But who knows maybe I ought to give it a try again,...we will see.

Still cut & hold for now.

ATU

No, I am not M/T not yet at least. My displeasure with my previous attempts at that has left me a little apprehensive to tackle that again.

But who knows maybe I ought to give it a try again,...we will see.

Still cut & hold for now.

ATU

What was your previous experience specifically with microtaper ATU? Did you do liquid or scale? I'm starting the scale method and just wondering. I'm a little nervous how it's going to go.

Hope I started MT today...I did it for one month a long time ago and it s=did not seem to be any different...no better no worse and because I was on a larger amount I went back to just cut & hold so as to not have to weigh and shave

lets stay in touch on how we do this time