Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I don't discard anything. My "recipe" is as follows:

- I dissolve a 10mg pill in a few ml of vodka

- I dilute that with water to obtain 500ml of liquid. So the concentration of Valium in the liquid is 10mg/500ml

- I store the liquid in a pitcher in the refrigerator.

- When it is time for my dose, I pour out the appropriate amount into a measuring cup. For example, to take 2.8mg, I measure out 140ml.

- I drink my dose ("cheers!").

- I put the pitcher with the unused liquid back in the refrigerator.

Chessplayer

Chessplayer,

I saw your signature, this is remarkable, wow,  your taper is going very well and quick,  keep the good work. 

hope you can end this benzo deal soon.

Tex

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My Dad is 87 and I struggling with withdrawing from Diazapam. He's currently on 8mg and drops every few weeks by 0.5mg. My Mums there for him but they're both finding it really hard.

Does anyone know if anywhere my Dad can call to talk to someone whose going or gone through this process?

[45...]
Thanks, texfernand. I'm going to slow down my taper as I get close to 0. I do hope to be done by my 60th birthday, which is Oct 14 this year. You are all invited to my birthday party / benzo-free celebration which will be an awesome party in an awesome location. PM me if you want to come. :)

Keeka.

He wants to drive again and is worried he can't due to new UK legislation. We've explained he can still drive but he's conbinced he has to come off them. GP not very supportive either.

Hello Ponygirl. I wonder if it will help if you show him my post?

Hello Ponygirl's dad!  This is the new law.

You CAN drive after taking diazepam if you've been prescribed and followed advice on how to take them by a healthcare professional (doctor).

And if they are not causing you to feel like you are not fit to drive.

So if you are taking diazepam exactly as told by your doctor and honestly feel like you are safe on the road then it IS legal and you have no cause to worry.

The most important bit is that you FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SAFE.  There have been times when I have not felt safe to drive and I am only 46. The diazepam can feel stronger in older people so it is even more important that you feel like you can do it without being a danger to other road users.

I hope you feel like you can drive and continue to do it safely. Best wishes. Gilly x

My Dad is 87 and I struggling with withdrawing from Diazapam. He's currently on 8mg and drops every few weeks by 0.5mg. My Mums there for him but they're both finding it really hard.

Does anyone know if anywhere my Dad can call to talk to someone whose going or gone through this process?

When I was at 9mg V, I could not tolerate .5mg cuts every 2 weeks.

I switched to daily liquid microtaper, and was able to get off with very little problem. 

And I don't know the statutes in uk, but here in the US, you can take prescribed dose of a med and legally drive.

Hi Builder. You are right about Ponygirl's dad. He most probably won't feel safe if he is withdrawing in chunks like that. Especially at his age. Does he realise that he can taper? It would be much gentler on his system.

The UK law is as stated in my post.

Hope you are okay. It seems a long time since you wrote me a couple of messages about tapering. I hadn't a clue about it! Now I am down to 8.5mg from 15mg ( I am doing a snail's pace!)

Best wishes buddy.

Gilly.

Hi all  :hug: what about using Lemon juice to dissolve  Diazepam or any other Benzo as its a solvent, I just put one 2mg Diazepam pill in a couple of drops of lemon juice  as a test and it dissolved rapidly, also Vinegar what about that? Does anyone know the answer please? I also tried saliva it worked but then I read about alkalinity as opposed to acidity dissolving the drug and saliva is alkaline  , and benzos need to be dissolved in an acid. Stomach acid is what breaks them down, so what about the citric acid or the vinegar then add the water?

Vinegar ranks at about 2 on the pH scale, so it is about as acidic as stomach acid. http://www.wikihow.com/Simulate-Stomach-Acid

I know  Grapefruit has to be avoided with certain meds and Diazepam, but can vinegar or the lemon juice be used in place of PG and alcohol? And as for milk versus water from what I read,and  also Colin whose site this is has said. Is both make a suspension but milk holds the suspension slightly longer than water but as long as you give plain water a good shake and remove what your tossing quickly ( I do it in 10 seconds or less  so the suspension is still holding) water can be used.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Grapefruit has an enzyme ( or inhibits an enzyme, I forget) in the liver that causes a drug to stay in your system longer. It doesnt seem to be found in any other food, so just stay away from it on any drug that says do not take with grapefruit. It has nothing to do with it being citrus- its just got something special and dangerous about it in relation to drug metabolism. And I would stay away from pummelos too, I think those are grapefruit hybrids or something.

Hi all  :hug: what about using Lemon juice to dissolve  Diazepam or any other Benzo as its a solvent, I just put one 2mg Diazepam pill in a couple of drops of lemon juice  as a test and it dissolved rapidly, also Vinegar what about that? Does anyone know the answer please? I also tried saliva it worked but then I read about alkalinity as opposed to acidity dissolving the drug and saliva is alkaline  , and benzos need to be dissolved in an acid. Stomach acid is what breaks them down, so what about the citric acid or the vinegar then add the water?

Vinegar ranks at about 2 on the pH scale, so it is about as acidic as stomach acid. http://www.wikihow.com/Simulate-Stomach-Acid

I know  Grapefruit has to be avoided with certain meds and Diazepam, but can vinegar or the lemon juice be used in place of PG and alcohol? And as for milk versus water from what I read,and  also Colin whose site this is has said. Is both make a suspension but milk holds the suspension slightly longer than water but as long as you give plain water a good shake and remove what your tossing quickly ( I do it in 10 seconds or less  so the suspension is still holding) water can be used.

Please understand that what you see is just the tablet disintegrating in the acidic liquid.  That does NOT demonstrate that the diazepam went into solution.  Remember that only 1-2% of the tablet is actually diazepam.  Yes, acidic liquids could very effectively breakdown the non-med components of the tablet, but there is no assurance that the med itself is dissolved.

You of course are free to try any method you choose.  But there are at least 4 known, scientifically proven methods of doing liquid diazepam (milk, vodka, PG, and Rx liquid.)  My recommendation would be to stick with a proven procedure.

I can't find any data online about dissolving V in acidic liquids.

BTW, V is definitely lipid (fat) soluble.  Milk  will create a true solution, not a suspension.

Please understand that what you see is just the tablet disintegrating in the acidic liquid.  That does NOT demonstrate that the diazepam went into solution.  Remember that only 1-2% of the tablet is actually diazepam.  Yes, acidic liquids could very effectively breakdown the non-med components of the tablet, but there is no assurance that the med itself is dissolved.

You of course are free to try any method you choose.  But there are at least 4 known, scientifically proven methods of doing liquid diazepam (milk, vodka, PG, and Rx liquid.)  My recommendation would be to stick with a proven procedure.

I can't find any data online about dissolving V in acidic liquids.

BTW, V is definitely lipid (fat) soluble.  It will create a true solution, not a suspension.

Thanks builder :hug: how much PG is needed for a 2mg Diazepam in 200mls of water is it more than a few drops or ? And another question . Is there really any need to dose Diazepm more than once a day that's how I dosed it for years and only split the dose as if was recommended to . But I'm now set to going back to once a day as I never had problems doing that and can't see it would be a problem due to the long half life and I used to dose AM previously.  Thanks for all your help

[quote author=nova 1 link=topic=96753.msg2059153#msg2059153 date=1458903963

BTW, V is definitely lipid (fat) soluble.  Milk  will create a true solution, not a suspension.

I did not know milk actually creates a solution.  I guess the blue residue I see in the bottom of my jar is just the filler or outside coating of the pill. 

Thanks builder :hug: how much PG is needed for a 2mg Diazepam in 200mls of water is it more than a few drops or ?

2ml of PG will work fine with 2mg V, and can easily be diluted with 198ml water to make a .01mg=1ml true solution.

And another question . Is there really any need to dose Diazepm more than once a day that's how I dosed it for years and only split the dose as if was recommended to . But I'm now set to going back to once a day as I never had problems doing that and can't see it would be a problem due to the long half life and I used to dose AM previously.  Thanks for all your help

If you have been dosing once a day with no difficulties, there is ne reason why you would need to change when you add liquid to your dose.  IMO, the more things you keep constant, the better off you will be.

Hi guys,

It's been a few since I've chimed in, but I haven't felt well for a few days.  It seems I've hit a wall at 5.4mg of Diaz. This is definitely disappointing (not to mention alarming due to sx) because I've read that 4mg is where people generally have problems.

So, for those who have hit a wall during this ordeal:

My first wall was during cut and hold at about 8mg. I then switched over to a daily microtaper.

1) Is 5.4mg too high to hit a wall during a daily taper?

2) When you hit a wall, how long did you hold (or did you just try to blast through it)?

3) Builder, since you now seem to be the wise, old (not chronologically ;-)) sage--I see you held at 5mg for a month. Was this due to hitting a wall or is there another reason? If it's too personal a question, I apologize.

Thanks,

Ed

Wow I don't even know what PG is and other short forms even mean.  At 20mg 6th day so I have time to get answers.  As fingers crossed can get through to next drop.  Now I've learned those large 5mg drops too hard all the way around.  Going to go 10 pe4cent taper from here.  Won't  worry until at that stage.  Not comfortable lol that's for sure.  A lot of symptoms hoping day 9 will find som3 levelling out.  Thanks for this blog!  Even the signature I've made is not well done been too screwed up last 10 months to put that together.  I try.  Tried progress log can't find it now lol oh well when you don't sleep much how can u think straight anyway!!!  Hangin everyone please keep info coming in and updates!!!! Dolly

Wow I don't even know what PG is and other short forms even mean. 

PG = propylene glycol, a very widely used food/pharmaceutical solvent/ingredient.  Available at major pharmacies, specialty food stores, or Amazon.

3) Builder, since you now seem to be the wise, old (not chronologically ;-)) sage--I see you held at 5mg for a month. Was this due to hitting a wall or is there another reason? If it's too personal a question, I apologize.

Thanks,

Ed

Well, I'm probably chronologically the "old" guy, too...74 years old.

My hold at 5mg was strictly to accomodate a planned trip/vacation.  I did several "travel holds" during my taper.  When I reached an even tablet dose, like 5mg, I would just stay at that dose until after my trip was over, then resume my taper.  If the even tablet dose level occurred 2-3 weeks before my trip, I just started my hold at that point.  (I wasn't in any hurry  ::) )

The only "therapeutic" hold for me was at 3.5mg.  Until I got down to 3.5, my taper had been mostly sx free.  But at 3.5, I experienced headaches, sleep problems, and tremors.  I held for 10 days, and got no real relief, so I updosed to 3.7 and held another 10 days or so.  Then I lowered my cut rate (from .015/day to .0125/day) and restarted my taper.

The good news is once I got below 3mg, I had absolutely no further sxs of any kind.

I'm at 2.5 mgs holding now for 5 weeks. I feel better bu now feel that the V is just causing more problems with anxiety so I might as well think of cutting again.

Whoever out there is on a small dose like 2.5 mgs and down, when do you take it? How do you know when the best time is? I don't take it at night because I will need to get off the Zoloft too. Do you take a whole pill in the morning, do you split up small amounts during the day?

Not sure what to do

Thanks k

I'm at 2.5 mgs holding now for 5 weeks. I feel better bu now feel that the V is just causing more problems with anxiety so I might as well think of cutting again.

Whoever out there is on a small dose like 2.5 mgs and down, when do you take it? How do you know when the best time is? I don't take it at night because I will need to get off the Zoloft too. Do you take a whole pill in the morning, do you split up small amounts during the day?

Not sure what to do

Thanks

When I got down to 3mg, I switched to a single dose, taken at bedtime.  Actually, because of it's long half-life, it probably doesn't matter when you take it.  I took it before bedtime because psychologically it seemed that might improve sleep.

[de...]

Hi people im looking for some advice/ reasurance

i starten having tinitus last year and coundnt sleep my doc put me on 2mg diazapam for 2 weekswhen i stoppen i felt quite anxious didnt know about withdrawel and after 3 weeks went back got put back on it for 3 weeks as needed max dose 6mg pday it made me taerfull and reved up and not me at all, after 4days off i went into bad withdrawel and thought i had had a breakdown so did my doc and whacked me on it again for 6 weeks at 10mg pday first three weeks and down to 4mg before jumping off cold turkey! im in hell now just started 4months off and sfx are awfull all the time i cant talk openly work drive lost my personalty my life is wrecked .is this thread just for tapering people if so sorry,

PG = propylene glycol, a very widely used food/pharmaceutical solvent/ingredient.  Available at major pharmacies, specialty food stores, or Amazon.

Hey builder. My idiot pharmacist told me that Valium will dissolve in water and I could titrate it that way. I disagreed and told him I wanted to make a solution and asked about PG. He said PG probably wouldn't work but every question I asked, he had to run to his computer to look up the answer. I just want to make sure PG will work as I'm looking at starting liquid titration and already have the PG. thoughts?

Hey builder. My idiot pharmacist told me that Valium will dissolve in water and I could titrate it that way. I disagreed and told him I wanted to make a solution and asked about PG. He said PG probably wouldn't work but every question I asked, he had to run to his computer to look up the answer. I just want to make sure PG will work as I'm looking at starting liquid titration and already have the PG. thoughts?

Well, it works for Roxane Labs,  the US's largest manufacturer of liquid V!

Yes, it absolutely works, even for home-made liquid V.

Maybe your pharmacist should consult this manual that pharmacists use to mix liquid meds:

"Diazepam has a solubility in water of 0.05mg per mL; 41mg per mL in 95% ethanol and 17mg per mL in propylene glycol.  In aqueous solution diazepam is relatively stable at pH 4 - 8 with maximum stability at about pH 5.1,2  Stability and solubility is increased in mixed solvent systems of water, ethanol and propylene glycol."

http://www.pharminfotech.co.nz/manual/Formulation/mixtures/diazepam.html

Well, it works for Roxane Labs,  the US's largest manufacturer of liquid V!

Yes, it absolutely works, even for home-made liquid V.

Maybe your pharmacist should consult this manual that pharmacists use to mix liquid meds:

"Diazepam has a solubility in water of 0.05mg per mL; 41mg per mL in 95% ethanol and 17mg per mL in propylene glycol.  In aqueous solution diazepam is relatively stable at pH 4 - 8 with maximum stability at about pH 5.1,2  Stability and solubility is increased in mixed solvent systems of water, ethanol and propylene glycol."

http://www.pharminfotech.co.nz/manual/Formulation/mixtures/diazepam.html

Thanks builder! It's sad that many here know more about the benzos than the pharmacists lol.