Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

thanks VNM, i hope so, I'm so happy to know someone come out with this pill like you, its means we can do it too.  just we need to be patient.  please keep posting encouragemement for everyone its a great help for us.

MCM

Hi - I just reached the 4 mg ( Diazepam ) about 2 weeks ago, and something strange started happening. Mornings use to be my worst time with shaking, rapid pulse, hard to breath, and very often a panic attach came on!! Not much fun, but after I took the 2 mg of Diazepam, it seemed to settle down!!! However, now when I get up in the morning, I feel pretty good with just a little shaking, but, an hour or so after I take the 2mg of Diazepam, I start feeling the WD symptoms ( as described above ) and usually spend most of the afternoon on the couch???  I start feeling a little better towards early evening, then I take the second dose of 2mg of Diazepam, and 1.5 hours later the same symptoms begin again??? This is just the opposite of what was happening when I was on 4.5 mg of diazepam. Has anyone out there had this kind of experience with their tapering program?? Since, the Diazepam seems to be triggering the WD symptoms, I'm considering JUMPING, but I must admit I'm SCARED!!! After reading all the horror stories about people who have jumped to soon, I am very unsure of this!! Anyone have any advice for me, I really am feeling lost !! HELP !!!

Hi - I just reached the 4 mg ( Diazepam ) about 2 weeks ago, and something strange started happening. Mornings use to be my worst time with shaking, rapid pulse, hard to breath, and very often a panic attach came on!! Not much fun, but after I took the 2 mg of Diazepam, it seemed to settle down!!! However, now when I get up in the morning, I feel pretty good with just a little shaking, but, an hour or so after I take the 2mg of Diazepam, I start feeling the WD symptoms ( as described above ) and usually spend most of the afternoon on the couch???  I start feeling a little better towards early evening, then I take the second dose of 2mg of Diazepam, and 1.5 hours later the same symptoms begin again??? This is just the opposite of what was happening when I was on 4.5 mg of diazepam. Has anyone out there had this kind of experience with their tapering program?? Since, the Diazepam seems to be triggering the WD symptoms, I'm considering JUMPING, but I must admit I'm SCARED!!! After reading all the horror stories about people who have jumped to soon, I am very unsure of this!! Anyone have any advice for me, I really am feeling lost !! HELP !!!

I have the same issue but at a higher dose. I feel good until I take my dose and then symptoms ramp up in about 15 minutes. I start getting hot flashes, sweating, fatigue, malaise, etc. I just keep tapering though as I've felt the sting of withdrawal due to rapid cutting. Even though I get these symptoms after dosing, they are nothing like the intensity of withdrawals I had when cutting too fast. If it were me, I'd hold off on jumping and see if you even out. If not, do what feels right to you. It's a catch 22 because the symptom ramp up after dosing is what led to my rapid tapering, but I emphasize again it was nothing like the withdrawals from rapidly cutting. Best of luck!

I have the same issue but at a higher dose. I feel good until I take my dose and then symptoms ramp up in about 15 minutes. I start getting hot flashes, sweating, fatigue, malaise, etc. I just keep tapering though as I've felt the sting of withdrawal due to rapid cutting. Even though I get these symptoms after dosing, they are nothing like the intensity of withdrawals I had when cutting too fast. If it were me, I'd hold off on jumping and see if you even out. If not, do what feels right to you. It's a catch 22 because the symptom ramp up after dosing is what led to my rapid tapering, but I emphasize again it was nothing like the withdrawals from rapidly cutting. Best of luck!

I used to have bad xs in the mornings. Shakiness , nausea, etc, and then when the day progressed I started feeling better. The evenings used to be my better time of day.

At some point in my taper, it switched. Out of the blue. I had a better morning and then felt horrible around 5 pm and at night.

This changed back again for or me again, after a few weeks.

I second the post above: I'd definitely hold off on jumping. 4 mgr isn't a little dose to jump from..

Dvd I wouldn't jump but I would hold longer than 2 weeks this time to see if that helps. Remember Valium is long acting and perhaps the cuts are just catching up to you.  .  I still can't figure out the whys of these drugs so I gave up and just listen to my own body- yours is talking to you now so it clearly wants you to try something - for me it would be a hold. 

Dvd I wouldn't jump but I would hold longer than 2 weeks this time to see if that helps. Remember Valium is long acting and perhaps the cuts are just catching up to you.  .  I still can't figure out the whys of these drugs so I gave up and just listen to my own body- yours is talking to you now so it clearly wants you to try something - for me it would be a hold.

kgirl: I just knew I would find you here!  :D:thumbsup:

Yep here I am - not happy to still have this taper to do. Oh well.  We can just hope it goes okay for all of us that now have to get off of the V.  By the way I read Dr. Peart's web site and you are getting hit with your cut just when he said you should based on how most people metabolize Valium.  So you should start feeling better if you hold for a bit. 

Yep here I am - not happy to still have this taper to do. Oh well.  We can just hope it goes okay for all of us that now have to get off of the V.  By the way I read Dr. Peart's web site and you are getting hit with your cut just when he said you should based on how most people metabolize Valium.  So you should start feeling better if you hold for a bit.

Thanks. Do you have Peart's address?

I get hit at around the third day but not awfully.  Then around the 8 or 9 day mark I get hit hard.  It takes me over 3 weeks hold to start feeling better, and I'm talking small cuts also.  Its going to take a long time to get down but I might start LT next cut.  I wanted to get lower on my dose to start the LT but I get hit so hard with each cut and hold it might not be for me.  Hope it gets better for us all. 

Thanks. Do you have Peart's address?

1450 Rx Road

Taper Hollow , Wisclonsin

This is his web site - he was someone who had to get off of benzos like us.  He passed away a long time ago.

www.drregpeart.org/

This is his web site - he was someone who had to get off of benzos like us.  He passed away a long time ago.

www.drregpeart.org/

It appears his passing was in 2009 of liver and bone cancer. His story, comeback, and contributions to our cause are amazing.

Boy oh boy, has this group fallen off the map since the Great Tornado of Winter 2016.

How is everyone?  I'm hanging in there and able to continue with .05 daily cuts for now. Just transferred all of my notes into a nifty spreadsheet for the pdoc to take a gander on Tuesday. Hopefully, he'll renew my script or  :sick:. Down to 5.65 mg daily from 15mg in November, so getting there slowly, but surely.

My main side effects thus far are slight chills occasionally and some free floating anxiety in the mornings. Seems like once I get up and about the anxiety wanes a touch.  Main things for me are to get some daily form of exercise and to eat a clean diet. I can get away with occasional deviations from a healthy diet (soft serve vanilla ice cream is the guilty pleasure as of late), but if I string a few things together, I pay the price of grumbling bowels and resulting sore intestines the next day. Guess they get a workout.

So, in a nutshell, I know greater challenges lie ahead, but so far, so good. Not to say things have been without hiccups, but others have it much worse.

I'd love to hear from some others.

--Edzo

I am still here.  I made two tiny cuts and got hit hard so am holding again.  When I start back I think I will go to LT and try it, cut and hold seems too harsh for me.  I have so long to go it is discouraging.  You are doing so well Edzo, keep it up.  I have so many symptoms I'm just trying to get somewhat stable before I go on.  Hope more chime in.

Free,

Glad to see you here. Yup, cut and hold wasn't for me either. Most of us seem to hit a wall at some point during our taper and switch over either to a daily micro taper or a liquid taper. I think if you could slide over to a daily liquid taper, perhaps you could handle the smallest of cuts every other day. Just even a little bit of reduction might be all you need to get that confidence going once again (or, for the first time!)

Don't give up! You can do this.

Best,

Edzo

P.S. Pretty obvious that things aren't peaches and cream here either. Almost 7am local and I'm still awake.  :laugh: But what can I do? I'll just deal with it.

So sorry your sleep is bad.  Yes, I am hoping a LT will help me with the terrible sickness and other issues.  Nausea is back again today so praying that settles down.  Hope you can get some sleep.

Thank you. I hope and pray your nausea clears up a bit. I'll just sleep when my body is ready for it.  Fortunately, I work from home, have an understanding wife, and no children (yet!); my external stressors are probably minimal compared to most. Pretty sure this helps me a great deal with my taper management.

Hang in there the best you can.

Edzo

Hi EDzo, how come you gain weight during taper, i've read your personal log,  I'm trying to gain weight before and during taper but no luck, im skinny and petite and now I lost more weight during taper.  i dont need to lost weight because Im so small and need to gain, trying to eat everything my appetite is good but I dont know why?  Maybe you have special diet that you can share to help those who lost weight like me during taper.

thanks,

mcm

Hi EDzo, how come you gain weight during taper, i've read your personal log,  I'm trying to gain weight before and during taper but no luck, im skinny and petite and now I lost more weight during taper.  i dont need to lost weight because Im so small and need to gain, trying to eat everything my appetite is good but I dont know why?  Maybe you have special diet that you can share to help those who lost weight like me during taper.

thanks,

mcm

Hi mcm, I have the opposite problem, I've gained too much weight since starting this taper. I crave carbs and cheese. Been eating pizza, enchilada bowls with beans, corn and cheese, lots of bread. Some people on here say to avoid carbs and focus on eating healthy friuts and veggies if you are having stomach problems. But if your stomach and appetite is fine, load up on the carbs and cheese. You'll fatten up, I know from experience.

thanks,

mcm

Hi MCM,

While I haven't gained weight during my taper, I've hardly lost the amount of weight I'd hoped for despite incorporating plenty of water, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and exercise into my lifestyle.  Like grapefruit, the culprit is most likely bread. I eat a LOT of bread. I crave it  and it makes my stomach settle when irritated.  I guess I should just feel thankful that I still have an appetite at this  point. I do stay away from the cheese though.

All the best,

Edzo

thanks,

mcm

Hi there !

I lost a lot of weight at some point during my taper. It's coming back!

I was nauseous on and off ( mostly on  ::))

On days where I had no appetite I made smoothies.

What probably is good is eating whole foods and good fats.

Our adrenals  can take a good beating under all this stress and with anxiety. And so we need those fats. Omega 3 kind. Salmon, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, REAL butter, etc.

You could try nut butters ( almond, cashew).

Grass fed beef, if possible. Organic chicken.

You don't want to put empty calories in your body at this point, IMO.

Feeling grateful once again for benzo buddies guiding me to learn micro tapering, because thanks to that guidance I've made it to 4.5mg today. Thank you.

Just laying low and plodding along, some good days, some tough ones.

Not feeling like my usual talkative self but I hope you're all having a good week and hanging in there

Feeling grateful once again for benzo buddies guiding me to learn micro tapering, because thanks to that guidance I've made it to 4.5mg today. Thank you.

Not feeling like my usual talkative self but I hope you're all having a good week and hanging in there

Awesome JDT! 4.5 today. Any 0.5 was a milestone for me. So good for you.. :smitten:

Being kind of mute happens to me ,too. I go through  epidoses like that.

Congrats on today and hope you feel okay tonight.

Very nice job indeed! Keep up the great work. I'm with you on the up and down days. We just have to march forward. This ordeal is a way to learn a great deal about many facets of ourselves. Can't wait to see your 4.0mg post!

Best,

Edzo

Well done! Keep moving forward, every step is a victory, you have no need to apologize for anything. Pretty sure everyone here is more than understanding.