Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Trudie, I take Watson (now Actavis) and havn't had any problems with this brand.  :thumbsup:

I agree with others who have commented on this topic -- it's best to stick with the same brand throughout your taper.  :)

LeftBehind,thank you

I've heard they also make liquid?? ??? How is The liquid Diazepam?

Kittensick,

Roxane is the only company in the US that makes liquid Valium. I haven't used the liquid V yet. I'll start as soon as the holiday is over.

Roxane makes 2 versions of liquid V. The one recommended by BB is Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution 5mg/5ml.  :)

kitten, I couldn't. It literally made me sick. But most people can tolerate it. I just have a touchy stomach. So I made my own liquid valium using vodka. But do try it. It works for most folks.

I don't expect anything carved in stone and handed down from a mountain, that's why I used the word "ballpark".  Anyone have a guess about how many years it 'might' take to get from 31 to 0 mg of Valium?  Thanks.  Cross

kitten, I couldn't. It literally made me sick. But most people can tolerate it. I just have a touchy stomach. So I made my own liquid valium using vodka. But do try it. It works for most folks.

Thanks oregonkatz :)

I don't expect anything carved in stone and handed down from a mountain, that's why I used the word "ballpark".  Anyone have a guess about how many years it 'might' take to get from 31 to 0 mg of Valium?  Thanks.  Cross

Like I said, anything anyone tells you will only be a guess anyway. Some people can taper quite quickly with few ill-effects and other people have to take it really slowly. I'm sorry, but there really isn't any "ballpark", however, if you want to work out your own ballpark figure, you could work on an average of say a 7% cut every 3 weeks. That would be the mid-range of the recommended 5-10% every 2-4 weeks. That might give you something to go on. However, as you get on to the really low doses that % has to increase otherwise you will never finish. Your last cut, no mater what it is, will always be 100%.

Trudie, I take Watson (now Actavis) and havn't had any problems with this brand.  :thumbsup:

I agree with others who have commented on this topic -- it's best to stick with the same brand throughout your taper.  :)

That's my issue...never used watson but can't find Teva and can't find a pharmacy that can or will order it.

That's my issue...never used watson but can't find Teva and can't find a pharmacy that can or will order it.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. Hopefully, someone else will chime in with an answer.

[d8...]

just dropping in to say Hi to my buddies on the Valium thread, I hope everyone is well. I have slept for 2 nights straight :yippee:

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I have upped the amount of fats in my diet and my nerves are feeling more grounded and calm.

Most chain pharmacies would not order it for me I finally emailed Teva directly and they gave me pharmacies that carry the brand.  I called every single one to find one that carried it.  Here is the link.  As best I recall I emailed and called the 800# listed here for customer service.

http://www.tevausa.com/contact.aspx

Yogi, I know I read somewhere that our Brain is made up of fat, and when we are trying to heal, it stands to reason, to feed our CNS what it needs.

Bone Broth, is well worth the try and look you feel better, and you have slept. And our bodies need  foods to survive, like being Diabetic, etc.

"Feed the Brain, Heal the Body" , sounds like a good mantra to me. Stay well.  :hug::mybuddy::highfive:

Just straight vitamin D or specifically D3?

There are only two forms in supplements, D2 (mice use it and pharma scripts) and D3 as Cholecalciferol (natural form).

D3 is prefered.

Ok, thanks. Cross

Like I said, anything anyone tells you will only be a guess anyway. Some people can taper quite quickly with few ill-effects and other people have to take it really slowly. I'm sorry, but there really isn't any "ballpark", however, if you want to work out your own ballpark figure, you could work on an average of say a 7% cut every 3 weeks. That would be the mid-range of the recommended 5-10% every 2-4 weeks. That might give you something to go on. However, as you get on to the really low doses that % has to increase otherwise you will never finish. Your last cut, no mater what it is, will always be 100%.

There are only two forms in supplements, D2 (mice use it and pharma scripts) and D3 as Cholecalciferol (natural form).

D3 is prefered.

Thank you. My ears are plugged up....will it help with that?

D3 is prefered.

Thank you. My ears are plugged up....will it help with that?

If it is the congestion in the sinuses, yes it should help.

If you have a neti pot or a way to do nasal rinses, you could rinse both sinuses and ears...only use distilled water (never tap) with either salt or baking soda.