Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Fibromyalgia? Really?...I think I'm done with this...

[am...]

Maybe going through WD is just not worth it? My psych doesn't understand why I wouldnv't take a small dose like I did all this time and stop this suffering. What if she is right?... Some drugs you just have to stay on?...

She may be right. My guess is that we never hear from the members and guests who decide the game is not worth the candle. We aren't going to hear from them because the belief that getting off at all costs is the bible here. It is better to go quietly than to risk the wrath of the true believers.i

I also do not understand the wisdom of not taking a small dose to stop the suffering - not in all cases. In spite of the reasons given for not staying on a small dose, the game may not be worth the candle for everyone. True believers will never understand that. I don't buy that there is no choice, at least not for everybody. It might be rational for some to stay on a small dose. What are we willing to do to get off at all cost? Lose our job? Lose our spouse? Lose our home? Lose our peace of mind and sanity?

Amber you are so good.

Nathan you are right, you don't understand the wisdom or the compssion that all these(mostly  everyone) supportive and some long times sufferers of benzo wd have for the people they post for. You say " true believers " like it's a bad word and there are lots of BBs that fit your term. That's not true.  You made your term sound bad. If it were a true statement of how other BBs hearts really were, now that would be sad. I've felt nothing but support from the  posts I have received. The majority of the people that post are hurting. We want the people that aren't to come back. This isn't a game or a club, just a lot of people hurting wanting to heal.

Get off at all costs. I don't think so.  The moderators and buddies would sound off.

The wrath of the true believers. Who are they?

Read your post. It's not nice.  Definitely an attack

You do bring up so valid concerns, concerns I am being faced with even as I type. I have thought of reinstating several times over the past 15 months. I hope I don't run into the " true believers"  Most of the time when I'm really discouraged I'll take any post. Some times there hard to come by. I'm so thankful for the buddies that take the time to answer my posts. 99% are more than helpful,  the 1%  I egnor. So should you.

Gizmo, I said that the game may not be worth the candle in all cases. (The cost of getting off can to be too high in some cases.)  I'm the only one on this forum who believes that. Unpopular opinions are not welcome. I haven;t changed my mind.

Gizmo, I said that the game may not be worth the candle in all cases. (The cost of getting off can to be too high in some cases.)  I'm the only one on this forum who believes that. Unpopular opinions are not welcome. I haven;t changed my mind.

I do believe for some people the cost right now can be too high, they may have to deal with it again and it my be harder, maybe not.  I don't think most buddies would argue that.

That wasn't the problem with your post it was you second guessing how people feel. I can't do that for you or anyone else, nor can you. 

Read your post

Gizmo, I said that the game may not be worth the candle in all cases. (The cost of getting off can to be too high in some cases.)

To say that's what you said would be the truth, but not the whole truth. You also said "the belief that getting off at all costs is the bible here. It is better to go quietly than to risk the wrath of the true believers."

Do you stand by that as well?