• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [An...]

• [Co...]

• [Ol...]

• [No...]

Thank you for your story! I can imagine most of us have a similar story, here's to everyone healing!!!!! (I wish I had found your story when you first wrote it, I would have never taken my first Benzo)

• 1 month later...
I was placed mainly on zyprexa an atypical antipsychotic along with a few ativan and sleeping pills i took here and there. I have the feelingg that zyprexa works just like benzos am i right?.....i have the constant feeling that my brain is in overdrive hence i cant sleep well more anxiety etc......will this ever balance out..been 6 years

• 4 weeks later...

I was placed mainly on zyprexa an atypical antipsychotic along with a few ativan and sleeping pills i took here and there. I have the feelingg that zyprexa works just like benzos am i right?.....i have the constant feeling that my brain is in overdrive hence i cant sleep well more anxiety etc......will this ever balance out..been 6 years

I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but I'm going to give you some advise. When my gf cheated on me, and I was still sick, and we split and all of that. I decided that it doesnt matter how I feel anymore or how long am I going to feel this way.

What I mean, is life was going to happen good or bad, whether I felt 100% or 50%. And I still had choices to make every day. Choices that will impact me in the future.

My advise to you is this: pretend you are just going to struggle every day,  and make peace with it. Decide to live your life now and do the best you can. Do anything and everything to distract yourself from the restlessness. You may not be where you want to be, but you are where you are.

I hope all of that makes sense, and doesnt come across as insensitive.

Did your inspiration, creativity and humor return? If so, how long did it take?

I am now 68 days out and mine are completely gone.. I really miss them, and doubt they'll ever come back.

Fluxwind, they will come back!!! You are so young and have a bright life ahead of you. Have you read The Mood Cure by Julia Ross? I think it is a good read for all of us, it talks about how to supplement your diet with amino acids that are essential for the creation on serotonin, dopamine, and other important mood regulating neurotransmitters. Maybe it will help you!

I read the Mood Cure and it has some useful information on amino acids and supplementation. However, one has to be careful, and it would better to do it under supervision of an integrative functional doc or somebody knowledgeable. I used a holistic doc and at first I tried individual amino acids and they can work, but then if you overdo it can create imbalances. That happened to me and had to drop the tryptophan because I had too much of as per a urine test; it caused me to be seriously fatigued, but as soon as I stopped that stopped too. One better option is to take the whole set of amino acids as free form, and your body will pick what it needs; but this again can have some side effects to certain people. It is not advisable for people with GI issues like myself or maybe a sensitive nervous system or who are taking pschy drugs because even those they are listed as 'supplements' they still work as synthetic meds and change biochemistry.

So in regards to the last 3 posts:

you will heal

your creativity/humor/joy will return within a couple years of my last dose, I was in a new band, making some of the coolest music I have ever made

it's going to take you some time.

be patient.

As far as supplements, I think both responses are right. Supplements can help a lot. For me they kind of made some of my symptoms flare up. I basically had a diet where I ate blueberries, avocado, gatorade and lots of water every day. I ate other stuff too, but I made sure every day I had those 4 things in my system as much as possible, and I felt like that helped a lot. If you are thinking about supplements, my advice would be to try some, try them in small doses, asses how you feel and proceed carefully. Track everything you are eating/ingesting. But the most important thing, that is the hardest for any of us to hear, is that it's just going to take time. Your body will heal, it is just a slower than we would like process.

Yes, I agreed with everything said! I have found supplements to be monumental in my healing because I was having a lot of trouble eating and was basically wasting away. So as soon as I was able to use supplements I really think they helped replenish me. But everyone is so different, it's frustrating because something can be so awesome for one person and totally rev up symptoms for another. I got a lot of recommendations from my ND and have found ones that work for me through trial and error.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...