i don't think i can do this....

[br...]

i remember how i was off these drugs.  i went to college, got a job and actually had a social life!  now all i do is sleep while my son is at school and my husband is at work.  i keep telling my husband to go out and find "a real woman."  haha.  that, i am not.  i haven't had a good day since the late 90's and that's pathetic. 

i'll consider staying on valium, but it just doesn't seem to work as well when i'm super anxious.  trips make me that way, especially when i have to fly.  thank goodness it's only my son who's going to  disney world!  i'll be at my dad's house sleeping. 

thanks for all the support.  my husband is sick of me so i have no one to talk to really and i cut all of my friends out of my life years ago because i'm not capable of being a friend, if that makes sense.

Aww you sound really down on yourself.

You can do this, honestly.

Get some liquid valium, you can take that on holiday with you, and it's easy to dose, all you need is an oral syringe.

It's really convenient.

I think that switching benzos is not helping you.

Don't give up.

Once you're off benzos, and you can do it, you will be a new woman, i promise.

i remember how i was.  it seems so long ago.  i don't think anyone really knows the true me anymore.  i don't know why this has to be so damn hard. 

thanks for your support.    :)

Thank you so much.  I'll take all the advice I can get at this point. 

I'm seeing a holistic doctor this month.  haven't made the appt yet, but maybe he has some suggestions on how to make this a little easier. 

thanks again.  i'll print that out.

My mom has been doing a slow daily valium taper that is working well.

I cut her dose .02mg per day.

Have u found a dr willing to let u switch over to valium, yet?

It took a week from a direct switch from lorazepam to valium, for her valium levels to come up to a stabilized level.

When my mom first withdrew from lorazepam, it took a couple months off before the "real her" came back.

She had her normal brain back again, so it does get better.

Hey Brooke,

It sounds like you are having such a hard time. My life has been affected in a tough way by all of this. You must not lose sight of yourself through this. Life can hand us such heavy weights at times. Going through this proves your own strength. I take hold of myself sometimes and remind myself that benzos have made me feel like such a weak person at times. The w/d turns us crazy and paranoid. Anxiety makes us believe that we have become weak. Let me remind you that anyone that has gone through this is not weak. You will succeed. You will get through this. Do not stop believing this.

Big support from Colorado. :smitten:

mrtmeo....i have been on valium for a few years.  i only use klonopin when i absolutely have to.  like when i have a migraine or have to travel.

thank you all for your support.  i don't really have anyone else to "talk" to at this point.  maybe i should find a good therapist. 

mrtmeo....i have been on valium for a few years.  i only use klonopin when i absolutely have to.  like when i have a migraine or have to travel.

thank you all for your support.  i don't really have anyone else to "talk" to at this point.  maybe i should find a good therapist. 

Hi Brooke,

I hope u find someone who can help you thru this.

be well,

mrtmeo

• Popular Now