Water retention is finally gone at 28 .months post benzo

[er...]

Hello Erica  :D:-*

Great to here you are doing well I hope you will be 100% really soon.

I love your new baby!!!!  :smitten:

Love and light

Towards

:hug::-*:)

Hi Toward

I am glad you like my new baby .  He is huge baby , in this picture he is long legs  and tiny .  in reality he is big , big baby 10 months old . Very smart boy .

How are you Toward ??

I hope you feeling better  , let me know  :smitten: love Erika

Hi Erika

Long time no speak. I hope you are well. How's your skin and hair? You and I used to talk about that a lot.

My zombie face improved only slightly. Dark circles are less (need less cover up make up). Oddly one side of my face is worse then the other. Still have a hollow sunken eye on the right side.

Hi Hope

nice to see you  ;D

My face is little better , but still my right side is completely flat , no fat , no muscle , just skin and bone . Muscles are no back yet , I hope will happened like water retention over night was gone .

Hi darling

Your puppy is ADORABLE!!! I love, love, love him. I'm so glad your water retention is gone. Amazing how it left over night. My skin is still saggy and old and my hair still is still falling. My muscle wasting has gotten a lot better though. Dark circles are not so dark. Still have night time creepy crawly feeling. Have little episodes almost all night, or until about 3am. Then I fall asleep for 3 to 6. I'm at 15 months so I guess I still have a long haul ahead of me.

The weird thing is that right side of my body is more effected than left. I've lost more hair on the right and I have a huge white patch of hair on right. I look like the right side of my face melted. Anyway, complain, complain, complain, that's all I ever do now. If I'm not complaining out loud, I'm quietly bitter. I'm sooooo sick of this.

Give your pup a hug for me.

Love, Hope

Yes Hope water retention  was gone fast as come  before .

I still believe we going to look back to normal over night , but have no idea how will that happened .

You not complain , you are just devastated what happened to you .

Me too .

I dealing with lawyer and give me my face picture  9 months ago before my face muscles  dropped  and now .

He look at and kept  to use them .

Is horrible ,  we have halls under eyes  because all muscles dropped down .

I have that too . Missing all fat around eyes , because chicks  muscles  dropped .

All face is saggy , dropped down .

My granny at  80 look better then me  .  And turkey neck .

We don't have that in family . Is all benzo .

I still freak look at second  look in mirror .

I look like person who abused drugs all life , all muscles gone .

Horrible .

My new baby boy keeping me going now ,  he distract  me every second .

:smitten: Other picture here . Love Erika :smitten:

Erika

I know what you mean. I look at my Aunt who is in her late 70's and she's looks healthier and brighter than me. I'm 42. The hollows under our eye's is the weirdest thing. It's like all the fat that should be under their is gone. I could be an extra in a zombie movie and they wouldn't have to do make-up on me.

I never had the sever water retention. I have the opposite. I'm dry, dry dry. Thirsty all the time. I drink loads and pee it all out. I carry eye drops with me. My hands feel like lobster claws, look like witch hands. My mouth is dry. It sucks. I'll be soooo happy when I'm normal again.

I'm starting to wish all my hair would just fall out already. I can't take this "death by a thousand cuts" anymore.

Hope

Erika

I know what you mean. I look at my Aunt who is in her late 70's and she's looks healthier and brighter than me. I'm 42. The hollows under our eye's is the weirdest thing. It's like all the fat that should be under their is gone. I could be an extra in a zombie movie and they wouldn't have to do make-up on me.

I never had the sever water retention. I have the opposite. I'm dry, dry dry. Thirsty all the time. I drink loads and pee it all out. I carry eye drops with me. My hands feel like lobster claws, look like witch hands. My mouth is dry. It sucks. I'll be soooo happy when I'm normal again.

I'm starting to wish all my hair would just fall out already. I can't take this "death by a thousand cuts" anymore.

Hope

Hope

we missing fat under eyes , is gone , is fact

My hands  are like vitch  and lobster  like you said .

You said your muscles coming back . I always have  strong sholders  , now is  all muscles gone .

Because we all have the same look I believe we going to look normal again .

But have no idea when . How long off you are now ?

I am 28 months off and still face like bone and skin .

Thanks god I lost 30 lbs water ,  .  You know what age most face , lost fat and musles in he face .

And that happened to us all .

:smitten:

I'm 15 months off now ( I cold turkeyed). My muscle wasting was bad at about 6 months off, but it improved. Not 100%, but my muscle tone is more normal now.

I use facial fillers and botox. It helps a bit but I have to be careful not to blow my face up and end up looking puffy like Madonna. I tried to do under my eyes once but that turned out pretty bad. I got a black eye that took 3 months to clear up and the filler was not uniform. It got all dented and pitted looking. My right eye still has 3 big dents under it because the filler didn't spread out evenly. What a nightmare this has been.

I'm at the point where I'm used to looking like complete sh*t. Sometimes I think I should stop trying to fix it and stop spending all this money on botox and fillers.

erika,

i love your new dog. hes so cute!! :smitten:

Hi Gardenia

I give him kiss with red lipstick on his head , he is so cute boy baby .

Imagine , people brink me to  me to watch for a week but never pick him up .

[07...]

Hi erika

This is such a slow process, Im better in some ways and worse in others.  Like hope I am like the desert and have very small muscles.  They will return as so may before us have said.

Your new baby looks like a Shetland pony  :D  he's going to be a big boy.  How sweet, and he must keep you very busy and give you so much love.

:hug::smitten::-*

Hope

I used fillers and loved .

now I am sensitive to everything , iam very afraid .

You have no side effect from it .

I used Restyline and Juvederm .

Restyline last me over year .  Juv only 6 months . Also in to lips  and always loved .

Very scared now . What you use ???

Doctor uses Restalyne in the "nasal labial" folds (the lines on either side of the nose that go down to the mouth), also some to plump up my upper cheeks, kind of below my eyes. Anything to fill up the face so the sagging get's pulled up a little. I never had to use this stuff until my benzo w/d. Luckily I don't have any sensitivity to it. The time I did the under eye filler, the dr used Juverderm. I didn't like the results of that.

I also use botox on either side of each eye and on my forehead.

I also use Size Queen mascara from 2 Face, and lots of it. I really have very little eyelashes left. If they keep falling I'm going to get false ones glued on. Supposedly you can leave them on for 2 weeks at a time. I also color my eyebrows in.

I should add up all the money I spend on products to counter the effects of this withdrawal. I could probably put a down payment on a house.

Hope

I lost almost all eyelashes .  I cannot believe .

I love Restyline  before this. Juverderm  not much ,  only once .

I did this because I tried once and loved .

Now I am very scared .

So  I  have to look  my saggy face . We missing  chicks    muscles and fat and  because of that our face shifted down. Yestarday  I eat some cheese  and this morning  was ready go ER .  Crazy pain in leg  under knee and cracking in brain  ,  very crazy feeling .  I am very sensitive  to everything .

I tried botox once ,  most I love Restyline , loved . I can have  bath full of Restyline and bath all days every day .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

I have to look my scary face other year or two until can go for  Restyline and lift my chicks .  You lucky at least can go for fillers .

I have to just scared my self every day . ;D:(

Doctor uses Restalyne in the "nasal labial" folds (the lines on either side of the nose that go down to the mouth), also some to plump up my upper cheeks, kind of below my eyes. Anything to fill up the face so the sagging get's pulled up a little. I never had to use this stuff until my benzo w/d. Luckily I don't have any sensitivity to it. The time I did the under eye filler, the dr used Juverderm. I didn't like the results of that.

I also use botox on either side of each eye and on my forehead.

I also use Size Queen mascara from 2 Face, and lots of it. I really have very little eyelashes left. If they keep falling I'm going to get false ones glued on. Supposedly you can leave them on for 2 weeks at a time. I also color my eyebrows in.

I should add up all the money I spend on products to counter the effects of this withdrawal. I could probably put a down payment on a house.

Yes , we all need lots of money to fixed damage after benzo hell .

Hi erika

This is such a slow process, Im better in some ways and worse in others.  Like hope I am like the desert and have very small muscles.  They will return as so may before us have said.

Your new baby looks like a Shetland pony  :D  he's going to be a big boy.  How sweet, and he must keep you very busy and give you so much love.

:hug::smitten::-*

Toward

take me  in your group  I am like desert too and lost all muscles .

My boy is huge at 10 months , I don't know how much bigger he going to be when is full grow.  I have him 6 weeks now and  daily he is bigger and bigger .

Soon I going to live on roof , he pushing me out from house  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

How can you tell if the weight gain is water retention or actual weight? For those who are starting tapering...

Ks

can feel it is water . If I eat different food I  will blow like ballon or stress .

Some days was less some more . Around knees , arms , abdominal .

You know your body ,I can feel it was watter .

Maybe is for everybody different , for me was water retention  come over night  and left me over night too .

You can see how your body  get all swollen by evening , morning is nothing and how day go  I was huge and huge .

Was not fat , you can feel it with your fingers . :smitten: :smitten:

I have gained a lot of weight quickly and I know some must be water because I'm not eating enough for it all to be fat...but it all feels like fat...so I can't tell. I am big all day. I have not barely started tapering. I cannot afford more weight gain, I really can't. I hope it is avoidable by tapering very slow. That is my only option. At least a year it will take, for 2 measly mg ativan. Likely longer. I would be happy if I could just get to 0.5.

Erika,

That is great news!  I am so happy for you, and delfishly, it means there is hope for me too ;)

And yeah, you can tell its water.  I can feel myself slosh ;) 

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

Erika,

That is great news!  I am so happy for you, and delfishly, it means there is hope for me too ;)

And yeah, you can tell its water.  I can feel myself slosh ;) 

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

Hi Ramcon

I had water retention , and my legs , arms , stomach  I was full of selulates , all that is gone. I was morning okay , mid day more water , by evening cannot fit in anything just baggy  pants .

Now all water is gone . But took me  27. months , long time , and happened over night just like that .

I am sure that was part of w/d . See still at 28 months w/d working on us , is not over for me yet . will take long time .

Good luck to you too. Erika

Erika,

It never stops amazing me how long this takes!  Congrats again for hanging in there.

When you shed the water, how many pounds did you lose?  I once managed to stay on a near zero carb diet for a week.  I felt like hell, but at the end of the week I pee'ed out 12 pounds!  Zero carb is the strongest diuretic I know.  Then I ate carbs again and gained it all back in a day.

Be well my buddy,

Ramcon1