• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [In...]

• [er...]

• [Fo...]

So Formula1 I know what you are saying....I am just scared to think that this can be permanent.  I did not listen to the video very long...I get it though.

I understand, you feeling it's permanent and will never end is probably the #1 effect of coming off these drugs and everyone here can say they absolutely have/had that until they felt they were truly healing or healed. No matter the physical and mental effect, we all feel that we personally won't heal and everyone else will. It's the nature of this beast. Trying to get advice from someone who didn't go through it will not work.

You should watch the entire video and educate yourself, you don't really get it. Do you know how these drugs are conducted in trials and how they are even chosen to be distributed? Do you know what psychiatrist actually feel about these subjects? They really don't know what they do, it's trial and error, mostly error.

The Doctor I saw today was a Neurologist.  He told me to go see a Therapist.  He said I was a very educated person and that he cannot believe I would think that the Benzos are still doing this to me.  He said not to listen to what anyone has to say and only believe what the Mayo Clinic says.  I walked out of his office feeling so depressed.  I googled General Anxiety Disorder and I seem to have every symptom on there.  Sometimes I just don't know.  I think I am losing it.  Are you talking about Psych drugs or Benzos?   

I believe you are a very educated person as well. I have no doubt about that, anxiety makes us feel crazy and not in control. I agree with him that you should seek therapy, something that works well with you.

Your sig is a little rough to read. What were you given benzos for and how long have you taken them total?

Googling your symptoms won't do you any good. Most people can google GAD and feel like they have it. It's the severity that changes between each. Some have a little anxiety and feel that is how bad it gets for everyone else. It's hard to gauge really.

I was put on Benzos for muscle spasms.  I also had been taking pain meds for many many years.  I have stopped everything.  I honestly don't know how long I was on the Benzos for.  I know I took them for a few months in 2012 and for a few months in 2013.  I took 10 to 20 mg.  I was given 90 tablets each time.  One time I got an RX for 30 tablets.  I did not take them everyday.  They were making me very agitated after awhile.  Why is my sig rough?  Did you have any anxiety before this?  Are your symptoms like mine?  After I saw him I just wonder if this is really from the Benzos.  It is hard to find a therapist that knows about this.  They all seem like they have no clue.  I really appreciate all of your help. 

It's rough to figure out because I couldn't tell why you were on them and for how long. Knowing that it most certainly is the benzos.

I had panic attacks and anxiety before benzos, but nothing near as bad as right now during my taper. My symptoms are horrid since I reached tolerance and started tapering about 6 months ago. I have non-stop high anxiety in-between panic attacks. I have about 4-5 a day and pretty sever depression. I never had depression before this. I am physically and mentally a mess right now and it's difficult for me to drop down any further so I might have to find an alternative (possibly crossover or slower taper). I know I will still have to deal with anxiety after this, but the kind I had is way more manageable than this, I can't even leave the house for a doctor appt. It's crippling even though I know it's not harmful.

You will completely heal from the anxiety and panic you are feeling. You didn't have it before, you won't have it when this is over. As far as counseling, just tell the doctor what you are experiencing and you don't want to be put on meds for it. You can control it without them. Also, your diet has a lot to do with it as well. I would research it all yourself more instead of waiting for a medical professional to figure it out for you, because they won't. They can give pills, they almost never mention nutrition and coping skills so you know you can do this on your own and you can. None of this will hurt you.

Also, sorry if I came off as rude or something. I can see my wording is poor, but I'm just pissed at big pharm, fda and psych docs that always say we have problems when we are just human and have emotions. It's not a chemical imbalance (no such thing) and there is nothing wrong with our brain, just needs to heal right now. It's not damaged.

Hi Sonria'''did you find out if these rescue doses were setback or reinstatement<? Did you get hit afterthe with huge wave? And what happen afterwards with your withdrawal pattern?

Anybody else  had a setbqck after rescue doses?

You are not rude Formula1.  I appreciate everything you are telling me.  Right now I am barely eating.  I am not hungry.  I am also in a lot of pain which has nothing to do with the Benzos.  I called a few therapists...they do not want to help me.  They tell me to go to the ER or go to my Doctor.  No one wants to help me right now.  Thank God I have a very supportive husband.

Sandy Tree....I was doing bad at about 6 weeks to 2 months off of my Valium.  That is why I went on the Xanax.  About 3 weeks ago I started having horrible withdrawals.  I cannot go anywhere and I feel like I am not going to ever get better.  Things are very bad for me right now!     

Anxiety is my WORST symptom in withdrawal, always has been.

I absolutely KNOW it is withdrawal anxiety because 2-3 weeks after I have reduced my dose, 98% of the anxiety is gone.

After I cut, gradually the restlessness and unease creeps in and it slowly builds and then by day 5 of my hold I normally have anxiety... it's bloody awful but if |I stick it out for a week, that is when everything starts to dissipate.

It's not normal anxiety, it is chemical and is absolutely withdrawal... doctors that dismiss this are clueless and to make matters wores when we are feeling crazy is to tell us it's pretty much all in our heads and to stop reading the internet. It's a disgrace to dismiss this as a real condition, it makes me feel really angry.

I imagine having a benzo-wise doctor would be helpful. In my case, I just used doctors for the prescriptions and with the help of BB, Google and Pubmed did my own "doctoring".  Most people will be able to get off benzos fairly easily which may explain some doctor ignorance, but according to Ashton and others around 15-44% of people will have significant difficulties. Of this sizable minority, most of us on BB have more problems than the others in this group. I suspect the Ashton schedules will work fine for a lot people, but we are at the wrong end of the bell curve. We're the worst of the worst. Great, huh? We still heal.

Sonria

I this your doctor just cover  for  pharmacies .

I never had panic or anxiety , DP in my life . NOTHING .

When I quit  Clon I have for year Panics ,  Anxiety hitting the roof , all crazy symptoms .

After year all that stopped .

My three doctors lied to me too . Only in my head , I was imagine things . Idiots

Erika

I have been having horrible paranoia and phobias in the last 3 weeks.  It is getting worse.  I am constantly thinking that someone is going to hurt me.  It is so bad that I cannot go out of the house.  I even feel someone is going tob reak into my house.  I never have had this before.  Is this normal or am I going crazy?  By the way....Happy Thanksgiving!

All Phobias , anxiety , fears ,  sensitivity , panic attacks are from benzo withdrawal .

I had all even DP  when was in w/d . NEVER BEFORE BENZO , NEVER AFTER .

When did it get better for you?  So this paranoia feeling I am going through will go away?  Why did it start 3 weeks ago?  I am not feeling well!

Fear from colors ,  people ,  natural disaster , drive cars etc  is w/d from benzo . I was crazy afraid leave house ,  is gone , gone , gone , gone .

All my w/symptoms were benzo withdrawal symptoms .

Every doctor with BRAIN know that .

All DRs in ER told me is W/d from benzo .

Only idiot who kept me on for 12 years , have no idea .????

Right , because make lots of money from me .

When did it get better for you?  So this paranoia feeling I am going through will go away?  Why did it start 3 weeks ago?  I am not feeling well!

Sornia

How long you was on ?? How long you are off now ???

Sonria,

I do have good days, but I have not had many windows, only a few windows that shut as soon as I realize I am in a window. However, some of my symptoms have lessened and some have disappeared. I am not afraid to leave the house anymore, and my breathing seems to be getting slightly better, tinnitus is there but I have days that I don't buzz at all. My mind has gotten clearer and things are becoming easier to do. I do have hope we heal, it is hard, damn hard, the hardest thing I have ever done.

You will get better, I notice a difference before the three month mark and only a month after, there was substantial improvement in my head clearing up. Some are luckier and heal quicker, you will start being amazed when you have windows, and even if I did not have many, my symptoms gradually lessened. I still feel like I am broken but I have the power to over ride it and go through situations. I go shopping, driving, walking, talking to people, etc..in the first two months those things proved to be more difficult if not impossible. I still remember my teeth chattering and realizing how screwed up driving was for me, my CNS has improved. Consequently, I am waiting for those windows, I too wonder why they don't last hours. But, they will come .

I appreciate you answering me, but noone is saying if my paranoia is normal.  I don't know exactly how long I was on the Valium for.  On and off maybe 1-2 years, maybe less.  I stopped the Valium 10-20mg in May.  Was put on Xanax 0.5mg and took it 2-3 weeks on and off and quit in Sept.  I am feeling like someone wants to hurt me, or someone will hurt me.  I had a steroid injection for pain last Friday.  My symptoms are getting worse.  Can someone please give me advice on my question? 

Erika what does Lozenge for kids mean?  You have been off for along time.  Are you better?  Do you still have anxiety?  Can you driive?  I was having these feelings before the steroids, but I think it made me worse.

If you just stopped .50mg of Xanax in September then yes it is withdrawal and it is not you and the injection can worsen the symptoms. And it will fade away.

I stopped the Valium in May.  Took Xanax for 2-3 weeks on and off over a few months.  Stopped in Sept.  Is it from going back on the Xanax?  I just don't know.

Erika what does Lozenge for kids mean?  You have been off for along time.  Are you better?  Do you still have anxiety?  Can you driive?  I was having these feelings before the steroids, but I think it made me worse.

NO I don't have anxiety  anymore . All is gone after year off .

Now have sensitivity to food , stress , all meds , chemicals  etc .

Lozenge are candies with little meds for sore throat , is very week  , I took it for two days , 3 candies for day . Then stop , and was in anxiety , DP ,  brain fog etc for two days  .

Yes I can drive now and loved .

cannot drive first year and second year was crazy fear when was driving .

All fears are gone .

Sonria

I am off for long time . I don't have what you have , all is gone year ago .

but around 18 months off sensitivity come up ,  and have to wait till they go away  also .

If I take aspirin I will be back in w/d . I must be careful not to get sick , because will take me 5 months get over flu . because cannot take any meds , nothing .

Erika :smitten: :smitten: