Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Different kinds of healing

[Me...]

I am starting to think that healing occurs differently in some people.  I think that for some healing comes in spurts, and thus are noticeable.  While in others healing is so gradual that the person notices almost nothing at all.  I believe this because I myself have been complaining that I'm not healing.  But today I looked back and remembered what I was like during my taper.  I was much much worse at that time and if I compare then to now then there are obvious improvements.  So if your like me and healing happens gradually, maybe look back to when you were still tapering or in tolerance withdrawal and I bet you can see some improvements. 

Slow healer here, no windows or waves as such... semi windows are probably just when I am not feeling bad after holding awhile.

Much improved since year one and two tapering but still hard going... it sure is slow but I know healing is happening.

robbed,

thanks for pointing that out, I had never heard of him and I just read some of his posts

metheral,

I'm mostly in the same boat as you and eli1111 though 4.5 mos off was a noticeable jump

unk

robbed,

thanks for pointing that out, I had never heard of him and I just read some of his posts

metheral,

I'm mostly in the same boat as you and eli1111 though 4.5 mos off was a noticeable jump

unk

Yep, some people actually do not have windows and waves. Their healing IS actually pretty linear. I am a window wave guy for sure though. I am never 100% but it sure does ebb and flow pretty drastically.

Robb

When Ictd I had rapid cycling and terrible sx but that were predictable and I didn't feel like I was constantly on the edge of psychosis or.. and Iwasnt too afraid of people, of going outside or appearing insane. I also had two breif windows in the 4 days off I was off and they were good. This is why I wish I never reinstated. As Istand now  I'm progresively getting worse toward the end. No windows whatsoever. Just one big fat wave.  Can't really call it a wave.

I hope I'm healing, if anything my brain is a little more active but that's not necesarily a good thing I don't think.

Truth be told I'm worried I may not ever get to baseline again.

I am starting to think that healing occurs differently in some people.  I think that for some healing comes in spurts, and thus are noticeable.  While in others healing is so gradual that the person notices almost nothing at all.  I believe this because I myself have been complaining that I'm not healing.  But today I looked back and remembered what I was like during my taper.  I was much much worse at that time and if I compare then to now then there are obvious improvements.  So if your like me and healing happens gradually, maybe look back to when you were still tapering or in tolerance withdrawal and I bet you can see some improvements.

This is a good point, and one that I think many of us forget when in the pits of benzo despair. I am coming up on 5 months, and though I'm nowhere close to healed, I can look back and realize how much different I am.

I realize too that I don't have any 'real' windows. Like many have said here, I have 'semi-windows', which are really just days that I feel better than usual. I never feel normal or clear-headed during them. They depend on the weather too, how sunny it is.

Progress in that respect really is linear.

This is a good point, and one that I think many of us forget when in the pits of benzo despair. I am coming up on 5 months, and though I'm nowhere close to healed, I can look back and realize how much different I am.

I realize too that I don't have any 'real' windows. Like many have said here, I have 'semi-windows', which are really just days that I feel better than usual. I never feel normal or clear-headed during them. They depend on the weather too, how sunny it is.

Progress in that respect really is linear.

This is exactly how it is with me JC.  My 'semi-windows' are days like today.  I have no depression and little anxiety but I still ''off'' you know?  Everything is just....off

I was never much of a window/waver, as most of my symptoms increase/decrease based on the level of stress I'm under.  There has been a lot of forward progress since the end of my taper and I think you are right metheral that in looking back I see just how bad it was. 

I would like to be appreciative of those changes, but find that those few that remain are doosies, at least for me and don't show much signs of changing.  I was reading an old post of mine from 2011, where morning terrors were a highlight.  Sadly for me, those have not changed.  Insomnia is still problematic and I take meds (non-benzos, mostly OTC) to help.  But then again, Insomnia is what got me into this mess to begin with so that's not a surprise. 

And back to stress, I know my CNS is hugely sensitive, and I recognize that when I am experiencing really intense intrusive/obsessive thinking, I know to look to see if there has been a stressor that has triggered the severity.  And there always is one.  I know it now, and I try to manage stress, but sadly life is stressful and stress = distress no matter how I try to counter it.

Things have really improved and yet I am not feeling appreciative.

WWWI