Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin to Valium

[So...]

I see my Dr tomorrow and have a few questions I hope you guys can answer for me.

Most of you know that I have been having health problems and was put on Klonopin. I hate it!!

I am so lethargic on it, and still having anxiety on .25 mg. I don't want to go any higher because I am so tired on this dose.

So, my question is, would Valium make me feel any better? I am sure it will also make me tired, but will it handle the anxiety better? I don't know if my Dr will go for this, but if it will make me feel better, it is worth a shot.

Or, is Ativan less sedating?

Or, have I just not given the Klonopin time to kick in properly, since I just reinstated last week?

I know that Valium is the choice to taper off of, but I just need to get over this crazy tiredness.

I just need a lot of opinions to present to my Dr tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Denise  :smitten:

PS: yes, I will be starting a taper in about 6 months!!  :)

IMO Valium would probably be more sedating than Klonopin.  It was for me.

Thanks for responding Drew.  :)

Did the klonopin sedate you when you started it? If so, did it ever go away?

Denise  :smitten:

Hey Sophia,

If you have not been on the Klonopin for very long..

You might want to talk with your doctor about switching over to Valium….

If you are .25 of Klonopin that would be about 5mg's of Valium.

Your reaction to any of the drugs is going to be very personal….From what I have read on BB (and I have read a lot),

most people adjust to the switch within a 2-4weeks.

Someone that has been changed or titrated from Valium would be good to ask.

Hopefully this will bump this up and get more input to help you decide what to do.

Good luck,

Causing

When I switched to Valium it made me feel very tired for about two weeks. Art the present time I seem to have more energy then On Clonazepam.  I agree with Causing everyone have different reactions to medications.

Tohavefunagain