Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Recovered members how long did you deal with Stomach problems?

[st...]

I've had stomach indigestion and diarrhea off and on since my taper began. I'm off Klon. 4 months now and I'm still troubled by bouts of both of these issues. It comes and goes but always worse during a wave.

Early next month I'll have an Upper and Lower scope done to see if anything is going on but I think its from the withdrawal and so I wondered...

To those who have recovered do you remember when in your healing your stomach problems went away?

I am at 3 months almost and I still have stomache issues.  I reall bekieve this is WD but good to check out anyways.

Let us know what happens.

Peace and Blessings

Snufi

I've had stomach indigestion and diarrhea off and on since my taper began. I'm off Klon. 4 months now and I'm still troubled by bouts of both of these issues. It comes and goes but always worse during a wave.

Early next month I'll have an Upper and Lower scope done to see if anything is going on but I think its from the withdrawal and so I wondered...

To those who have recovered do you remember when in your healing your stomach problems went away?

I took Klonopin for 3 weeks and my stomach is f%^)*&ed up.  I force my self to eat but not as bad as 1st week.  Try lots of yogurt plain and fat free Greek kind needs to be dilated in water a little.  I only have mild Diarrhea in the morning rest of the day I am good. 

I personally only had a problem with benzo belly during the peak of acute withdrawal for a week or 2 (either that or its no worse than the symptoms i already got from lactose tolerance).

However I attach a link to a good article from Ashton on symptoms which can take longer to subside in some instances. It wont tell you it will go away overnight but sometimes its good to know it will continue to improve over a course of months. It also means what you are experiencing is not inconsistent with the usual track and that all should improve with a bit more time.

Good luck with your ongoing recovery :-)

http://www.benzo.org.uk/pha-1.htm