I AM SO FRUSTRATRED!

[Te...]

Hey Tex,

I hit a little rough patch, sort of a backslide right before month 6 and into the first week of it.  It kinda scared me but, it was just a little hump I had to get over.  Now I'm realizing that month 6 is the best one yet!

Real healing going on at 6.5.  The best I've felt yet since my rapid taper off these dang pills.

I wish you the best, and you will get through this buddy.

ps. From overseas huh?  Me too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Te...]

• [or...]

• [Sm...]

• [Ga...]

justincredible:

No, I'm not from overseas. I was an Air Force "brat" and lived in Japan as a child. Later, I was in the Navy and was all over the Caribbean and Mediterranean. My ship rotated from Norfolk, Virginia, to Naples, Italy. Six months in Norfolk, then six months in Naples...so I've been all over mainland Europe (Germany, Spain, etc.), England, Scotland, and north Africa, as well as Lebanon, Israel and Greece. We even made a stop in the port city of Split, in what used to be Yugoslavia.

I was born in Texas and lived there between the time my dad got out of the Air Force and when I left for the Navy in '74. I returned briefly from 1978-80, but I've lived outside Texas ever since. However, once a Texan always a Texan...

Hey, Tex, I'm an Air Force brat too!!! My father was in the Canadian Air Force (It was the Royal Canadian Air Force back then) and we lived all over Canada and then got posted to Europe where we lived on several bases in France and Germany.

Living in a foreign country was a great experience for a teenager, which I was at the time.

I was born in Ottawa, and we returned to Ottawa when my dad got his last posting. I went to college there and subsequently wandered all over Canada . . . then ended up in the US.

Glad to "meet" another Air Force brat. I bet there are others on this BB.

Be well,

Okatz

Hi Tex..... I have been reading your post and realized that you posted on MY post.  I will be six months off exactly a week after you!  I am experiencing ALL of the same things that you are right now!  The feeling of not being involved in this world, the anxiety, the weird head feelings, the no sleep again!  YES, I have them all.  I hate that we are both in this spot, but it helps to know that I'm not alone!  I just keep reading all the success stories and keep telling myself that someday it's going to be me!!!! 

Grannyfed

Yeah, grannyfed, the more I read and the more people respond, it seems like this crappy phase is pretty much par for the course at six months. Seven months seems to be better, so I'll hang in for that and hope it does get better!

Guys...I m at 4 1/2 months.  Tex, I think you said you are 59 y/o.  I am right behind you at 58.  For me, I sometimes wonder if some of what I am feeling has to do with mid life issues and knowing I have missed out on what could have been a nice time in our lives.  I feel guilty having screwed up years of what could have been good times with my wife and kids.  I still have issues with the depression and a insomnia.  It is still far better than being tied to the benzos.  I have some days that are better than others.  Trying to stick to the one day at a time philosophy.

Tex,

Sorry to hear what's going on. I agree the alcohol could have something to do with it but I kind of doubt it. If you were only taking 2 to 3 shots at night every once in a while it's probably not to blame. I drank alcohol for a lot of my life, mostly on weekends. I would binge drink Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Sometimes I would get a little shaky till Wednesday but it always wore off. Not saying it's the same for everyone but it seems to me alcohol is much less of a problem withdrawal wise. Of course I'm not drinking anymore so I guess I wouldn't know for sure. I have had the urge to drink during this benzo hell but just haven't.

I'm taking Depakote instead and now when I try to lower the dose, I get hit with anxiety. Just another drug I get to taper off of. I have heard that Phenobarbital used over 5 days also helps for alcohol/benzo withdrawal. Pheno works differently than benzos and alcohol, so 5 days of it should be ok. I wouldn't try it if you think you can go without it though. Good luck Tex and hope you feel better soon.