Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Drowsiness

[So...]

Not that I know of. Pharmacology reference books like the APhA Drug Information Handbook have that info, but it's not free online. The Merck Manual is, and probably has a lot of this info, but you'd have to do some reading to find it. Beware of the online drug sites; there's a lot of sales pitch masquerading as science. The amount and nature of any advertising might give you a clue.

DOA is not a common abbreviation like T1/2 is for half life. The PK parameters are often given as time to onset of action and time to peak. With those and the half life you can figure the DOA, more or less.

Aweigh

Not that I know of. Pharmacology reference books like the APhA Drug Information Handbook have that info, but it's not free online. The Merck Manual is, and probably has a lot of this info, but you'd have to do some reading to find it. Beware of the online drug sites; there's a lot of sales pitch masquerading as science. The amount and nature of any advertising might give you a clue.

DOA is not a common abbreviation like T1/2 is for half life. The PK parameters are often given as time to onset of action and time to peak. With those and the half life you can figure the DOA, more or less.

Aweigh

thanks a lot. wow you have a lot of knowledge. cool. :thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks. I'm not all that cool  8) or smart, but I do know where to find information. That's not false modesty, it's just that there are a few self-appointed "experts" and a lot of scared people convinced that they don't know it and can't do it. It's a set up for wannabe doctors like me, and I think BBs don't need more experts to be dependent on. What's true for most people is that you can find the info and set up the taper with your own resources plus whatever assistance is at hand. Especially if you find that elusive benzo-wise doctor  :thumbsup:.

So saith the expert  :laugh:

Aweigh