Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Question reguarding antibiotic Cipro

[li...]

spasms/urgency we experience plus pressure pains

Yes that is exactly what I do. I have used all the over the counter pain relievers for uti. Had every color urine in the world. With my last Cipro presc. I was given UTA for spasms, dark purple pill but worked great. I backed away from treatment because I was told by my regular doctor that they do kinda like an industrial wash in your bladder. He said it works great, didn't sound all that great to me. I have had  bladder surgery years ago. My urethra is too short and very narrow so they cut a V in it and it worked great for 10 years then came back. That's why I did take Cipro...took so much sulfur drugs over the years I became allergic to them. I went through years of having my urethra dilated 3 times a week. Oh my gosh does that ever hurt.

M

I went through years of having my urethra dilated 3 times a week. Oh my gosh does that ever hurt.

I was also told my urethra was too narrow and had the stretching done numerous times in office and once under anesthesia. It did nothing to help and only made things worse since IC was the real cause.

John, I have spoken with Dr. Cohen many times and have spent quite a bit of money doing so, it was actually Dr. Cohen along with my GP that decided that I needed Klonopin to get my anxiety under control. He is a very nice guy, I hold nothing against him and I do continue to speak with him, he has been helping me with my taper but I can tell you that he doesn't have all the answers. I have actually found a local therapist that I am going to work with as I taper, it just gets to expensive w/ Dr. Cohen. It is probably worth spending the money on the call but don't expect any enlightening revelation, no one has any. There is a number of FQ sites like this one, there is one on Yahoo or try www.favc.info. lastly you can get info from www.fqresearch.org but remember as you read others stories, and some of them are quit scary, that everyone is different and we all react differently.

Once again, maybe we should chat if you want more info. on what I have learned from Dr. Cohen and others during my struggle.

Jim

worst pain i ever felt was a cystoscopy. omg i was wide awake no anasthesia! i kicked the doctor very hard i had no choice it was my relfex as he was hurting me so bad with a raw bladder! so for the details but after i found out what it was i was so relieved. when he showed me the picture of my bladder it looked like there were thousands of tiny blisters on the lining of the bladder. almost like my bladder had chicken pox.

worst pain i ever felt was a cystoscopy. omg i was wide awake no anasthesia

Yes I remember that well and they gave no anasthesia when they dilate you either, they use 3 different size instruments and those things has little tiny razor blades on them . I would try to make it home and could not get in the door without letting the urine fly, it was like fire and you could not hold it. Oh the joys of being a female.  :tickedoff:

M

worst pain i ever felt was a cystoscopy. omg i was wide awake no anasthesia

Yes I remember that well and they gave no anasthesia when they dilate you either, they use 3 different size instruments and those things has little tiny razor blades on them . I would try to make it home and could not get in the door without letting the urine fly, it was like fire and you could not hold it. Oh the joys of being a female.  :tickedoff:

M

I know the feeling!! Horrible burning!!  :stretcher: