Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Depression thoughts

[Be...]

im on zoloft but the its purpose is once again failing me. should i get a higher dose or is it simply benzo withdrawl and theres nothing i can do?

i lay there with my insomnia thinking about which way i should point the gun, and stuff like that.  :idiot: but sometimes the thoughts arnt that depressing

sometimes they actually keep me company in this lonely little world of mine. >:(

Edit: BM, I've edited the title of your thread to conform with forum rules and guidelines.

Thanks, Colin.

Having disturbing thoughts seem to go along with benzo withdrawal. Benzo Monolith, but if you ever think of acting on them, call a local suicide hotline and get help.  You know this is a temporary condition while suicide is permanent.

How much zoloft are you on and how long have you been on it?  Have you talkied to your prescribing doctor about these thoughts?  Are you doing any kind of talk therapy?  I found that much more helpful than more drugs when I was suicidal.  I was even considering electro convulsive thereapy because the drugs didn't work.  At first I went 2x/week, then 1/week and so on until now I don't go at all.  

Hey BM, how much Zoloft are you on?

You do realize that even taking the zoloft, the benzo depression will hit you just like anything else does right?  Don't even let those thoughts comfort you because they suck.  You and I have talked before and you know my thoughts about this I'm sure.  I'll spare you and won't go all Mother Hen on you.  ::)    Just know that I had depression for one of my main symptoms tapering, and I was on 50mg of Zoloft daily.  I just got through with about 3 days of depression and I'm still taking the Zoloft.  I found it helps the depression most of the time, but it doesn't stop benzo waves of depression from coming. 

Don't even think about throwing in the towel because of depression, especially when you know the root of the problem.   

Take care of you.  You'll be so glad one day that you did!  :hug:

ha, same with me 50mg day, and ur right it does come in spells. real bad ones for me. no way im throwing in the towel,

told the doctor not to give me anymore tamazepam or anything that ends in "PAM !!!" hopefully this spell will dissapear shortly,

thanks so much lady  :'(

ha, same with me 50mg day, and ur right it does come in spells. real bad ones for me. no way im throwing in the towel,

told the doctor not to give me anymore tamazepam or anything that ends in "PAM !!!" hopefully this spell will dissapear shortly,

I'm with you BM, PAM's are bad news!  :tickedoff:  I plan on staying away from them myself!  ;)

:)    I've got the same theory.  If it ends in "lam" or "pam" I don't want any!!

Hang in there BM it will get better.  Just keep reminding yourself it's a stupid wave that will pass.  You'll get through this and be even stronger than you are now!    :mybuddy:

I'm with you BM, PAM's are bad news!   :tickedoff:  I plan on staying away from them myself!  ;)

You have to watch those pams and lams for sure.  :o

I've heard if the pam is at the beginning or by itself, it's not as bad as if it's on the end of the word.  ::)