just had bad fit in hospital - given iv lorazepam

[da...]

Wow Dandy, I have just read this thread. Sorry I was not able to give you some encouragement sooner.

Wonderful to hear your doctor listened and you are getting some help stabilizing. The good folks here on BB will help you sort out a taper plan if the doctor is unable to and you'll be on your way to feeling better and benzo free if you decide to.

I'm so happy your hospital experience ended ok and that you are a bit better now. Big hugs, take care!

Innadaze; it is so kind of you to express these sentiments. To be honest I was expecting critics because of my original foolish actions. How stupid of me to take 40mg clonazepam and 6 beers.

Doctor says I was forturate to survive. Despite this the support I have received has been amazing :

I feel truly humble.

Now on my way to recovery although appreciate it will take some time.

Thanks to everybody.

D

wow! Dandy, that is lot's of mg. so glad you made it and can now taper slowly. glad you are back and that your doc listened to you too :smitten:

Still. Suffering awful. Withdrawals. - having to supplement with alcohol. Can call emergency doctor or go to ER.

Please help me. Cannot live like this.

I think I am finished. Do not want to go to ER . Emergency doctor says wait until tomorrow; keep taking diazepam as per regular Doc's prescription.

I find that I have to drink alcohol to keep sane but this is just harming my oesphagus and liver .

This is just terrible.

Please helps me - I live alone with no immediate family around.

D

[63...]

Hello Dandy,

I believe you're in the UK. Can you have a chat with the Samaritans. The alcohol will be worsening the withdrawals. Try and breath deeply. I've not read all this thread but can you distract yourself and meditate. I know it's hard but we're all here to support you.

xx

Hi Dandy,

I am sending thoughts and prayers your way. Hang in there. You can get through this. I do not know which resources you have available but is there anyone or anywhere you can go for help? You'll get this figured out!

Hopeful Girl

Hello Dandy,

I believe you're in the UK. Can you have a chat with the Samaritans. The alcohol will be worsening the withdrawals. Try and breath deeply. I've not read all this thread but can you distract yourself and meditate. I know it's hard but we're all here to support you.

xx

Agreed. Not in the UK but have dealt with The Samaritans and they are wonderful people. :)

Dandy,

I just read this thread....you can do this. I believe in you. Please don't drink alcohol. Drink lots of water or protein drinks, take hot showers, breathe, breathe, breathe deep breaths and calm your brain, heart and CNS. Close you eyes and take deep breaths.

I wish I could hold you in my arms - we together are all holding you up through this horrible time. Please keep posting, stay with us, stay strong. You are in my prayers and you will get through this, it just takes a little while to stabilize. I'll be looking out for your posts Dandy man.

BT

dandy,

i really hope you can get the help you need. i've been where you are and i know how terrible if feels. i thought i could die but i didn't. the alcohol will make you feel so much worse. please don't drink anymore if possible. you can get the help you need.

praying for you!

pretty