Are there people That didn't experience withdrawal?

[Ju...]

I guess it really is true, then , that healung occurs during tapering. Some say they didn not begin healing until they were off the drug. Others say withdr. Is a sign of healing.

Of course.  I took a standard dose of 0.50 mgs of Ativan for six months after quitting an anti-depressant (Lexapro) which almost drove me mad.  The only thing that calmed me down was Ativan The Lexapro which I had taken for 7 weeks for anxiety I got over a minor health issue gave me nasty discontinuation symptoms which lasted about six months.  But with good psychotherapy (CBT) I got better and so did my anxiety.  I quit the Ativan and the only sideeffects I got were a little insomnia for a week and dizziness for about a month and a half.  When I stopped taking the pills I never thought twice about them again. It was a cakewalk compared to the Lexapro.

That is why I am so angry with myself now.  Because I had a stash of Ativan lying around (should have thrown it out) and took it for anxiety I got for  a back injury two months ago which now ironically is completely healed.  The anxiety was bad but bearable in the sense that I could work well although very uncomfortable, go out,  drive,walk long distances, play with my son, etc. My energy level was very good. I would just have high anxiety, slight panic attacks in the morning and some insomnia although I did sleep a few hours.  Not easy but I was more than functional and it was definitely bearable.  But I panicked and wanted a quick fix. I took five pills  of 2.5 mgs in doses of 1.2 - .05 mgs over a period of a month and even spaced them out taking some two days in a row, taking three days off, then taking another two days on etc.  Told my psychologist about it and while he said that I should not be taking any medication whatsoever, at the same time he did not appear that concerned about the Ativan because I had quit it so easily last time.  My wife was having a fit and took the box of Ativan but I convinced her to to keep it and give me a few pills. She finally threw it away but it was too late.  While I was terrified of anti-depressants I did not show the Ativan the respect it deserved because I had quit it so easily last time.  I was wrong. This time around, when I tried to quit it  after a month of not even taking it everyday, it was impossible.  I had horrible withdrawal symptoms after 5 days off which initially came on slowly with "unexplainable" weird symptoms like sudden fear of the dark, being alone, etc.  Did not sleep for five days after that and was literally flying off the wall  Perhaps I should have gutted it out and waited another week given that I had not taken so much of it for very long and then the symptoms would have eventually abated.  But I couldn't stand it and reinstated at 1 mg and immediately went to sleep. After reinstating I would have things like short blackouts at work and home. I must be extremely sensitive to medication Since then  it has wreaked hell on my mind and body and makes the Lexapro withdrawal look easy (and that was hellish).  At least when I took Lexapro I could eat (its gives you a healthy appetite) which I maintained even after quitting it for a long time.  Now, I have no appetite whatsoever. I live overseas so now I am trying to get off Ativan by substituting it with Lexotanil (bromazepam) a weaker benzo that it easier to quit than Ativan but that is not working out too well. It is also making me sick. I have tremendous guilt because I literally got a get of jail free card last time, was able to quit a very difficult anti-depressant and benzo, reclaim my life and be happy and healthy again.  Now, it is going down the tubes and I really don't know what to do.  My great wife has had it with me and I barely see my perfect son anymore because after work the only thing I have the strength to do is go to sleep in the evening.  I have had phone consultations with psychiatrists ( I want to avoid going to one at all costs because they simply bomb you with more medication and I am not taking another anti-depressant) and they have all claimed that I cannot be addicted to the dosages I am taking.  Two different very experienced clinical psychologists I am seeing are also claiming the same thing.  They have seen dozens of cases of people quitting benzos with no problem and they attribute most of my trouble to anxiety  One of them is the guy who got me off the medication last time.  But unfortunately, I know they are wrong. I would like to try the Ashton method, but valium is very hard to come by here.  Even if I could get ahold of it I highly doubt that I could find a medical practioner or psychiatrist that would help me in implementing the method and give me the medication.  Besides, I live in total fear of psychiatrists because many of them are nothing more than pill dispensing sadists.  I truly believe a great many of them are not sane themselves.  I don't even know if my body would be able to handle the valium since I appear to not be able to even handle small dosages of Ativan or bromazepam. I am very desperate and even fear for my life at this point.  I know my story sounds unreal but it is a sad truth. We get second chances in life but I hope I haven't blown mine.

About the original post. . . .I have a friend down the street who took benzo's for a year, went into rehab and she said she felt bad for only 3 days, then she was fine.  I asked her if she had any lingering s/x's and she said no. 

I wonder if there are many people out there who c/t from a benzo, have bad w/d, but never make it to BB.  Either that or they do have bad w/d and don't realize it's from c/t from benzos.  Maybe they think they are horribly ill, go to a doc, have all sorts of tests run, nothing shows up, so they never know/knew what it was.

I do believe there are some folks who don't experience w/d when quitting benzos, but I'm not sure how we can ever know how many.

I guess it really is true, then , that healung occurs during tapering. Some say they didn not begin healing until they were off the drug. Others say withdr. Is a sign of healing.

I sure hope that's true.  I try to be positive and believe it.

I feel really sorry for people who don't know it's benzo w/d and go half crazy thinking it's something else.  How bout all the war veterans with PTSD who get put on them and then have tolerance w/d and don't know what it is?  W/d combined with war trauma would be horrendous to deal with.

Of course.  I took a standard dose of 0.50 mgs of Ativan for six months after quitting an anti-depressant (Lexapro) which almost drove me mad.  The only thing that calmed me down was Ativan The Lexapro which I had taken for 7 weeks for anxiety I got over a minor health issue gave me nasty discontinuation symptoms which lasted about six months.  But with good psychotherapy (CBT) I got better and so did my anxiety.  I quit the Ativan and the only sideeffects I got were a little insomnia for a week and dizziness for about a month and a half.  When I stopped taking the pills I never thought twice about them again. It was a cakewalk compared to the Lexapro.

That is why I am so angry with myself now.  Because I had a stash of Ativan lying around (should have thrown it out) and took it for anxiety I got for  a back injury two months ago which now ironically is completely healed.  The anxiety was bad but bearable in the sense that I could work well although very uncomfortable, go out,  drive,walk long distances, play with my son, etc. My energy level was very good. I would just have high anxiety, slight panic attacks in the morning and some insomnia although I did sleep a few hours.  Not easy but I was more than functional and it was definitely bearable.  But I panicked and wanted a quick fix. I took five pills  of 2.5 mgs in doses of 1.2 - .05 mgs over a period of a month and even spaced them out taking some two days in a row, taking three days off, then taking another two days on etc.  Told my psychologist about it and while he said that I should not be taking any medication whatsoever, at the same time he did not appear that concerned about the Ativan because I had quit it so easily last time.  My wife was having a fit and took the box of Ativan but I convinced her to to keep it and give me a few pills. She finally threw it away but it was too late.  While I was terrified of anti-depressants I did not show the Ativan the respect it deserved because I had quit it so easily last time.  I was wrong. This time around, when I tried to quit it  after a month of not even taking it everyday, it was impossible.  I had horrible withdrawal symptoms after 5 days off which initially came on slowly with "unexplainable" weird symptoms like sudden fear of the dark, being alone, etc.  Did not sleep for five days after that and was literally flying off the wall  Perhaps I should have gutted it out and waited another week given that I had not taken so much of it for very long and then the symptoms would have eventually abated.  But I couldn't stand it and reinstated at 1 mg and immediately went to sleep. After reinstating I would have things like short blackouts at work and home. I must be extremely sensitive to medication Since then  it has wreaked hell on my mind and body and makes the Lexapro withdrawal look easy (and that was hellish).  At least when I took Lexapro I could eat (its gives you a healthy appetite) which I maintained even after quitting it for a long time.  Now, I have no appetite whatsoever. I live overseas so now I am trying to get off Ativan by substituting it with Lexotanil (bromazepam) a weaker benzo that it easier to quit than Ativan but that is not working out too well. It is also making me sick. I have tremendous guilt because I literally got a get of jail free card last time, was able to quit a very difficult anti-depressant and benzo, reclaim my life and be happy and healthy again.  Now, it is going down the tubes and I really don't know what to do.  My great wife has had it with me and I barely see my perfect son anymore because after work the only thing I have the strength to do is go to sleep in the evening.  I have had phone consultations with psychiatrists ( I want to avoid going to one at all costs because they simply bomb you with more medication and I am not taking another anti-depressant) and they have all claimed that I cannot be addicted to the dosages I am taking.  Two different very experienced clinical psychologists I am seeing are also claiming the same thing.  They have seen dozens of cases of people quitting benzos with no problem and they attribute most of my trouble to anxiety  One of them is the guy who got me off the medication last time.  But unfortunately, I know they are wrong. I would like to try the Ashton method, but valium is very hard to come by here.  Even if I could get ahold of it I highly doubt that I could find a medical practioner or psychiatrist that would help me in implementing the method and give me the medication.  Besides, I live in total fear of psychiatrists because many of them are nothing more than pill dispensing sadists.  I truly believe a great many of them are not sane themselves.  I don't even know if my body would be able to handle the valium since I appear to not be able to even handle small dosages of Ativan or bromazepam. I am very desperate and even fear for my life at this point.  I know my story sounds unreal but it is a sad truth. We get second chances in life but I hope I haven't blown mine.

i am sorry but i have to warn you about Lexatonil (bromazepam), this is a big error to think

its not as strong as Ativan. lexotanil is a very potent Benzo and in my benzo-wise

doctor's opinion its even worse than Ativan. he says people never get off it.

i am an exeption but i am surprised i am still alive. it was pure hell to get off the Lexatonil.

so please be careful , i would work out a sensible taper plan with Ativan or cross over to Valium

but not Lexatonil.

Hey guys,

Ik was wondering if there are people out here who've successfully withdrawn from benzo's with little to no symptoms.

Prior to my recent withdrawal, I was on 6mg of Klonopin. I came off 6mg's without a single symptom. Much different story the second time around.

Jake