Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Titration Advice - please!

[...]

Hi -

I just read John's post with envy. I'm wondering if it is too late for me to benefit by making any adjustments in my titration (see signature line). 

John mentions once w/d's start they're with you the whole way - pretty depressing, dreading it being worse as I drop lower.

I do get window days, but can't plan anything into my life - never know if I'll be able to do it at the time. 

My current schedule stretches into September - a long time to feel so sick so much of the time while life slips by.  I'm old enough to have precious little enough left as it is, and would gladly take 5 years to titrate if I could live a normal life!

Snow

Hi -

I just read John's post with envy. I'm wondering if it is too late for me to benefit by making any adjustments in my titration (see signature line). 

John mentions once w/d's start they're with you the whole way - pretty depressing, dreading it being worse as I drop lower.

I do get window days, but can't plan anything into my life - never know if I'll be able to do it at the time. 

My current schedule stretches into September - a long time to feel so sick so much of the time while life slips by.  I'm old enough to have precious little enough left as it is, and would gladly take 5 years to titrate if I could live a normal life!

Snow

Hi Snow,

You can slow your schedule down any time you would like. I sometimes only took 1/2ml or 1/4ml out a day, but your titration could take forever as you know.  :-\

T2 :smitten:

Hi Theresa -

Yes, I do know I can do whatever I want, it's just hard to know what that is.  John mentions w/d's, once they start, there they are the whole way.  If that's the case, there would be no point in slowing it down.  How did you decide when you needed to slow down, and what effect did it have for you?  (You did take a while, I note. :)

I've really only been steadily titrating for 10 days - does it take longer than that to kind of know what you can expect?

Snow

Snow,

Honestly in all my time here, I can say this is not true. Yes, maybe for some, but for myself and most others, wd symptoms come and go. I actually felt a lot better as I got down to a very low dose.

As theresa said, your taper is flexible, you can slow down your rate a bit and see if you feel better. One of the purposes of doing a liquid titration is you don't get the jarring cuts. It's a smoother ride down.

Just know that even though you have to suffer through some uncomfortable symptoms, it will be worth it when you get there.

Hi Theresa -

Yes, I do know I can do whatever I want, it's just hard to know what that is.  John mentions w/d's, once they start, there they are the whole way.  If that's the case, there would be no point in slowing it down.  How did you decide when you needed to slow down, and what effect did it have for you?  (You did take a while, I note. :)

I've really only been steadily titrating for 10 days - does it take longer than that to kind of know what you can expect?

Snow

I don't believe that once you start getting w/ds, they are the whole way down. I slowed down cuz I thought my symptoms were w/d symptoms, but turned out they were thyroid symptoms. Once my thyroid stabilized, I felt much better but was too afraid to up my cuts too much thinking symptoms might come back. I think I was kind of dealing with PTSD from the thyroid symptoms.

You can always try to go slower and see if it helps to minimize symptoms. If it doesn't help, there is no choice but to push through at a safe rate.

Hi Snow,

Just to back up everyone else - if you taper too quickly, and you suffer withdrawal symptoms, slow down (or stop tapering for a while) to allow yourself to recover, and then continue at a reduced taper rate. It is simply not true that once you experience withdrawal symptoms, you will experience them from the remainder of your taper. This is only true if you blindly continue to taper too quickly. If you suffer withdrawal symptoms, adjust your taper rate, and you should be fine. ;)

Thank you thank you, Colin.  I have been going a LITTLE faster than the 1% schedule, doing a steady .01mg each day (it's been over a couple weeks).  Doesn't seem like much, but I do know others have gone even slower than the 1%.  So, I'll hold steady for a few then proceed.

Snow