Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can you please help me on taper schedule

[Pa...]

Hello Great People,

Reading many postes give me so much hope that finally one day I will recover as well!!

Everyone here is so supportive and caring person.

Need your help on water titration, please.

I am currently on 15 mg of Tranxene (equiv. to 0.5mg of Klono) and 40 mg of Seroxat (Paxil).  On Seroxat for 3 months and Tranxene for 3 months as well but switched from 1.5 mg of Klono.  I am off Klono for 6 weeks now.

I have purchased all necessary equipment: 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments, droppler and pill crasher.

Would need your help on tapering my medicine please.

I take 2 5mg Tablets of Tranxene in morning and 1 5 mg Tablet at 6pm.

I take 40 mg (2 20 mg) of Seroxat (Paxil) morning only.

Would like to do water titration on Tranxene (no dry cutting at all).

And also can I start tapering Paxil while titration of Tranxene; if yes kindly please let me know how as well.

My starting day would be April 6, 2009

Thank you for everyone being here and for this great forum w/ great people.

Warm wishes and fast healing to everyone,

Paul

Hi Paul!

Welcome to benzobuddies.

Looks like you've done your homework!

Someone will be along today to get you started on a liquid titration off tranxene.

As for tapering your paxil at this time, I would strongly suggest waiting until you are done with your benzo taper.

I tapered off paxil a few years ago, and it threw my sleep out the window for a long time. Taper the tranxene and let your body recover from that. Then you can tackle the paxil.  :)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11093.msg150014#msg150014

check out this link to make sure you have provided all the info necessary.

We can provide a titration schedule for tranxene but not for Paxil as we only provide schedules for benzos and z-drugs.   The usual advice is to taper off one thing at a time.

The schedule would be for daily dose so you would have to divide that into parts.  I assume you tablets are 5 mg based on what you indicated.  

The normal titration plan would be to have 2 whole tablets then liquid for the 3rd for the first part, then once that 3rd tablet is exhausted, 1 whole and 1 titrated etc.  

We need to know how fast or slowly you want to taper off this.  Please provide what percent over what number of days.  For example: 10 % a week or 5 % every 8 days - pick what you want as it can be programmed in (you are not limited to these two examples).  

Let us know what further questions you have.  

Thank you so much for your responses  :)

Hello Eljay, I was thinking to dry cut my Paxil as I am not depressed and was thinking to cut 5 mg a month since I only took it for 3 months.  But if you say it should not be done, I will listen to you.

Hello Annie, kindly please advise your suggestion on taper "speed" plan.  What I was thinking was to cut 10% every 14 days.  Do you think it is too slow since I am only on equiv. of 0.5mg of Klono?

Annie, yes, I am on 3 5mg tablets of Tranxene, which I take 2 in the morning and 1 at 6 pm.

Thank you again and all the best to you,

Paul

Hello Eljay, I was thinking to dry cut my Paxil as I am not depressed and was thinking to cut 5 mg a month since I only took it for 3 months.  But if you say it should not be done, I will listen to you.

Paul,

It's just a suggestion based on my personal experience. I was on paxil for 5 years, so you only being 3 months will probably make it a lot easier for you. I was on 15mg and I first reduced to 10mg, then I cut by 2.5mg (I had the 10mg pills so I cut them in quarters) every week or two.

I too was only on klonopin for 3 or so months. I still had some withdrawal effects, mostly anxiety, depression and insomnia. I think the paxil will help support you during this time. Usually taking antidepressants during a benzo taper is not suggested if the person isn't currently on them. Best not to add another drug to the mix. But if already on them, it's really best to just maintain it until finished with the benzo.

You'll be med free soon! 

Once a plan is prepared, it is up to you to follow it.  It isn't a binding contract.  You can look at it and adjust the times.

10 % every 2 weeks is reasonable.  So is 10 % a week.  It would be easier to put off cuts than speed them up imo.  You know we all procrastinate everything.  

Thank you.

Dear Eljay, did you experience w/d from Paxil as well?  is benzo w/d worst than Paxil?

Dear Annie, you are right, better to slow down and do it too fast, I would do 10% every 2 weeks.

Thanks again,

Robert

So we got ---

Start date April 6

3 tablets - 5mg each so 15 mg total a day at the start

10 % every 14 days

100 ml cylinder, 1 ml markings

Now someone needs to let Colin know to prepare it.  Any volunteers?

Paul, you might want to explore this thread too if you haven't already.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6393.0

Dear Eljay, did you experience w/d from Paxil as well?  is benzo w/d worst than Paxil?

Paul, I did experience wd symptoms from paxil, but benzos were worse. Honestly though, the benzo wd still wasn't terrible for me, not like for some people. I think over-all, most people get off benzodiazapines  without too much trouble. But those are not the people you see on these forums. Those that come here for help are really a small minority. So don't let us worry you too much!  :laugh:

I think I had an easier time of it partly due to the short time I was on. So I think you will be ok too.

My paxil wd sx were mainly flu-like symptoms. I felt kind of nauseous all the time, and if I turned my head too fast I would get these weird 'brain zaps'. It hung around for a couple of months after I was done. Then my sleep was effected for a long time after. But remember, I was on them for 5 years! You have the short duration on your side.

Maybe, if you really want to get started on the paxil wd now, just reduce a little bit, like 5mg. Stay there for a few weeks and let your body adjust completely to the lower dose.

I will.  :laugh:

He's out right now, but will be back online before the day is done. 

Than you so much Eljay and Annie, will wait for actual schedule from Collin  :)

Dear Eljay, I am currently on 40 mg of Seroxat (Paxil) and really want to try reduce it while tapering from Tranxene.  I was thinking to 5 mg every month so it will take me 8 months to get this stuff off me.

Dear Annie, thank you again for everything.

All the best to you,

Paul

Dear Eljay, I am currently on 40 mg of Seroxat (Paxil) and really want to try reduce it while tapering from Tranxene.  I was thinking to 5 mg every month so it will take me 8 months to get this stuff off me.

Hiya Paul,

Yes, that sounds good. Honestly you will probably be able to speed that up a little after your benzo taper. I think you are safe tapering 5mg a month during your benzo taper. But if you feel you are having a hard time at any point, I would stop the paxil taper until you are done.Your benzo taper shouldn't take long.

You are welcome! Glad to have you here.  :)

Thanks again Eljay  :)

Actually I must be careful on tapering my benzo as I c/t 2 mg of Klono on July/08 (after 2 months of use) went through terrible w/d and reistated after 3 months but it did not work for me... In Jan/09 was switched to 15 mg of Tranxene while being on 1.5 mg of Klono and then taper off Klono 1.5 mg within 6 weeks.  Now I am 6 week off Klono and want to taper my Tranxene but in slower pace.

My worst w/d are so far inability to sit still and very intrussive thoughts about sitting dragging all day long.

Eljay, do you really think these are w/d symptoms and they will go away in time?

Kindly advise and thank you for refering me to Colin.

Warm wishes and hugs,

Paul

I will.  :laugh:

He's out right now, but will be back online before the day is done.   

I figured I would be able to find one if I looked hard enough. 

It looks like we got all the information he needs for this one. 

Thanks again Eljay  :)

Actually I must be careful on tapering my benzo as I c/t 2 mg of Klono on July/08 (after 2 months of use) went through terrible w/d and reistated after 3 months but it did not work for me... In Jan/09 was switched to 15 mg of Tranxene while being on 1.5 mg of Klono and then taper off Klono 1.5 mg within 6 weeks.  Now I am 6 week off Klono and want to taper my Tranxene but in slower pace.

My worst w/d are so far inability to sit still and very intrussive thoughts about sitting dragging all day long.

Eljay, do you really think these are w/d symptoms and they will go away in time?

Kindly advise and thank you for refering me to Colin.

Warm wishes and hugs,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Ok, thanks for telling me.  Yes, in that case, take it as slow as you need to. With both of the meds. Tapering is very flexible, even with a titration schedule made up for you. If ever it feels like you are going too fast, it's quite easy to just make up a new one at a slower rate.

Don't ever hesitate to let us know if you want to slow down. Or speed up.  ;)

Paul, I do think these symptoms you are having are from wd. I think you dropped quicky, if I understand right. 1.5mg klonopin in 6 weeks. That's tough!

Some people actually start feeling better once they begin a sensible taper. But you may not feel great until after you have completed, and then give yourself a bit of time to heal. But in the end, you will be much better off.

Hugs to you too Paul!

So we got ---

Start date April 6

3 tablets - 5mg each so 15 mg total a day at the start

10 % every 14 days

100 ml cylinder, 1 ml markings

I'll prepare a schedule later today or tomorrow based on these figures.

Paul1

Reading all your threads from everyone and wishing you all the best with your taper. I am saying a prayer that all will end well and you will experience health and painfree life very soon. In God all things are possible!

Just a quick stop bye of support Pauli

PenyyBlue    :thumbsup:

Hi Pauli, thank you so much, it's very kind of you... I belive God will help me to go throuhg my "benzo free journey" and finally on day I will enjoy my life as I used to.

Many warm wishes to you,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Here's your schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-paul1-2009-04-03.html.

Please add the following code to your signature (through your profile):

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-paul1-2009-04-03.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

You titrate just one of your three tablets per day - split your other two tablets to suit. You can also split your liquid over the day. Once you have finished titrating your first tablet, you will start on the next and take just one additional tablet per day. The schedule carries all the information you will need regarding dosages. If you have any further questions, please ask away. ;)

Good luck.

Hi Paul,

I received your PM. No, you make 100ml each day, but drink just 98ml on the first day; 96ml on the second day; 93ml on the third, and so on. Just follow the dates and doses provided by the schedule, but always make a liquid of 100ml. ;)

Hi Paul,

Based on your pm to us, Colin is adjusting your schedule to reflect a rate of10% every 7 days. Faster than the first one! If you feel it becomes too fast for you, it can easily be adjusted again.