Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Titration for me too please

[mi...]

Ah ok, thank you recover08 for getting me here. This is making some sense again.

I'm currently taking clonazapam 3 times during the day. Sure wishing it was just once! But anyways, to cope I've had to stretch it out. Now how does that work with a titration schedule? I'm confused for sure here.

I take 0.25mg in the morning when I wake

another 0.125mg around noon or 1pm

and another 0.25mg before bed.

I'm not totally stable however so i'm wondering if I'm needing to start taper at a higher dose?

Any suggestions would be great. I have all the titration tools for mixing / making liquid benzo but was wondering if I can find a compounding pharmacy to do up my prescriptions how exactly does that work also. Sorry for all the questions. I have lost all memory of how to go about all this again. Hopefully for the last time!!  :yippee:

Colin is gone but should be back tomorrow however, there are some things he will need to know.  It appears you have an old plan he had made before a year ago.   

Please read the information needed at the top of this sub board and provide that information. 

As far as stabilizing on what dose you are first, that is always a good idea before you start to make further cuts. 

Ah ok, thank you recover08 for getting me here. This is making some sense again.

I'm currently taking clonazapam 3 times during the day. Sure wishing it was just once! But anyways, to cope I've had to stretch it out. Now how does that work with a titration schedule? I'm confused for sure here.

We actually recommend taking the shorter-acting benzos 3x/day so you are on a good schedule.  With titration, you can make up your day's total dose and then just split it into 3 doses/day.  You would decide which dose you want to reduce from and probably alternate between the three times to keep an even blood level during your taper.

I take 0.25mg in the morning when I wake

another 0.125mg around noon or 1pm

and another 0.25mg before bed.

I'm not totally stable however so i'm wondering if I'm needing to start taper at a higher dose?

How long have you been at your current dose and what was your previous daily total?  It could be you just need to hold where you are a bit longer.  However, you should know that many of us never really "stablized" so much as just felt less miserable.  :(  You will likely have some withdrawal (w/d) symptoms from time to time even with titration.  Going slow should make them manageable for the most part.

Any suggestions would be great. I have all the titration tools for mixing / making liquid benzo but was wondering if I can find a compounding pharmacy to do up my prescriptions how exactly does that work also. Sorry for all the questions. I have lost all memory of how to go about all this again. Hopefully for the last time!!  :yippee:

Most cities have compounding pharmacies.  You might need a prescription for your taper; I really don't know about that.  That is more expensive than mixing up the solution yourself but certainly the easier way to go.

If you decide you want to titrate instead, you'll need to provide the information listed in this post:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11093.0

Allow at least 2 days from the time you post your request to your start date to allow enough time for the schedule to be created.

If you have more questions, just ask.  None of us knew any of this stuff when we first arrived. 

My doc and I agree, Im just going to hang on a bit and stabilize till I start so I'll wait a week hopefully that's all. thanx for all your advice