Tolerance Withdrawal & Need to taper more soon!

[Ma...]

Hi Maureen,

First, you really need to have the courage and drive to taper. I think you have it and you will get through this! You may want to look into finding a therapist to work with you on handling the daily stresses of everyday life. It would make tapering easier if you could manage the stress/anxiety.

T2 :smitten:

Hi

I think if you stayed in bed all day for the duration of your taper you would be possibly doing damage to yourself. One of the most important things I've learned is that you must keep going keep coping and find new ways to navigate through this difficult journey. Staying in bed closes you off from the world of the living and removes any and all stimulation from your life. Now I know it is important to take it easy and get plenty of rest as your body heals but I'm thinking staying in bed for months will do some harm. You need support like T2 said having someone to go and talk to is so helpful.making a plan for yourself each day to use distraction techniques might lessen the anxiety and keeping a positive attitude are all crucial. Thinking the end is the worst or feeling like you have failed before certainly sets you up for a negative mindset.now I know nobody is perfect and we are all suffering here,I too am guilty of getting scared or fed up or feeling doomed.the thing is I remind myself that this has an end.its not my life,actually when all is said and done I hope its just a blip on the radar. You are not terminally ill,and eventually you will be well again.keep this in mind and good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have not been on this forum for a while.....I am still on 1.5 mg. alprazopoison.  My mother has a serious illness (she's 88) and up until two weeks ago had been very healthy.  She was sent to the hospital by her doctor and there they found she had extremely low blood count, and was given 2 units of blood, diagnosis iron deficiency anemia.    At her age they always assume it is cancer of the GI tract. 

they are making her go for colonscopy and endoscopy. I am very scared that she has cancer.  I am the only person who can take care of her and this is causing me such anxiety!!! 

I have been tempted to take more xanax but have stopped myself - I struggled to get to 1.5mg and must continue with my taper somehow but the anxiety is getting bad and I just wish I could go to a an island somewhere and have nothing to worry about while tapering off this poison.  My psychiatrist wants me to try an antidepressant.  Something like either celexa or zoloft.  May help me to reduce the xanax. 

what do you think?    I am very anxious.  Still taking 100mg. Sr wellbutrin which if I stop will make me more anxious.. 

Maureen

Well I have not been on this forum for a while.....I am still on 1.5 mg. alprazopoison.   My mother has a serious illness (she's 88) and up until two weeks ago had been very healthy.  She was sent to the hospital by her doctor and there they found she had extremely low blood count, and was given 2 units of blood, diagnosis iron deficiency anemia.    At her age they always assume it is cancer of the GI tract. 

they are making her go for colonscopy and endoscopy. I am very scared that she has cancer.  I am the only person who can take care of her and this is causing me such anxiety!!!   

I have been tempted to take more xanax but have stopped myself - I struggled to get to 1.5mg and must continue with my taper somehow but the anxiety is getting bad and I just wish I could go to a an island somewhere and have nothing to worry about while tapering off this poison.  My psychiatrist wants me to try an antidepressant.  Something like either celexa or zoloft.   May help me to reduce the xanax. 

what do you think?     I am very anxious.  Still taking 100mg. Sr wellbutrin which if I stop will make me more anxious.. 

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Please don't think you will be alone in taking care of her if it comes to that. There are many agencies out there that can help you. The hospitals can refer you to any help you need. Just take one day at a time, one hour at a time.

If you anxiety is getting worse, it is possible that you need to make a cut again. If cutting .125mg every month or so is too much, you may want to consider titration which allows you to make very tiny cuts everyday. Waiting that long between cuts can bring about tolerance withdrawal symptoms.

I am not familiar with taking anti-depressants to relieve anxiety. Some here find they are very helpful but others say they have made things worse. You may want to do a forum search by clicking "forum" up above and then typing in the search box. There have been numerous discussions here about taking them.

Praying for you and your mom.  :therethere:

T2 :smitten:

Hi Maureen:

I, too, will be praying for you and your Mom.  I know how precious your mother is to you; I feel the same way.  My mother is all I have as I don't have any siblings, and the stress of taking care of her would be unbelievable during this time of tapering.  She is healthy right now and I thank God for that.  Please keep us updated on how you are doing and how she is doing.  You will get through this as so many before you have done.  We are overcomers!

Jan